Recommendations for a Special Occasion Dinner

beckerooni

We just received an upgrade to a Royal Suite with the unlimited specialty dining amenity and I am looking for a recommendation for what would be the best romantic ambience (I know food quality is subjective!) for a 10 year anniversary dinner. We will be on Infinity, so we're looking at Qsine, Tuscan Grille or Luminae. We have dined at Luminae for a cruise a few years ago, but neither of the specialties before. Your advice would greatly appreciated, I have been lurking for years and always find great tidbits of info 🙂

We also have royal suite in less than 3 weeks on infinity, was in ship last year and loved both luminae and Tuscan last year on infinity, service is better in luminae,  I might want to do antipasto platter in Tuscan then dinner on Luminae, you need no reservations for Luminae but have concierge make your Tuscan reservation. Luminae menu changes daily Tuscan is always the same. Have not tried LePetit yet but most likely will try in on our cruise. 

• Like 1

Dinner in the suite or ask if the Chef in Luminae can make something special for you.

LPC is a timed dinner, each course is served to everyone at the same time, no lingering between courses or over dessert. Tuscan can be hit or miss both food and service.  

1 minute ago, beckerooni said:

I did not consider a dinner in suite, or doing a split dinner with appetizers in one location and the main in another. Great ideas, thank you all for the suggestions!

Just curious when Is your cruise, we are really looking forward to our first royal suite. By the way staff in suite longe micheals is great , normally hardly anyone is in there nice place to relax

We did Le Petit Chef at Qsine last time we were on Infinity. It was fun/cute. I would consider it to be more gimmicky than romantic.

51 minutes ago, jelayne said:

LPC is a timed dinner, each course is served to everyone at the same time, no lingering between courses or over dessert. Tuscan can be hit or miss both food and service.  

Good points - about Tuscan and Le Petit Chef. We have had some great meals at Tuscan and some "so-so" meals at Tuscan. 

We are on the Feb 29th sailing. We were in a sky suite on Infinity about two years ago and really enjoyed the experience, especially the tea time every afternoon in MC. We haven't ever gone to any specialties on Celebrity, but I figured if we have the option, we might as well take advantage! Though we did enjoy Luminae for all breakfasts and dinners .

• Like 1

we celebrated our anniversary last cruise at Le Petit Chef. It was actually GREAT. Because the room is all having this unique experience together it was like a big party. At the end we had a ball with the amazing animation and food, and then the whole room sang happy anniversary - we all walked out together as new friends the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beckerooni said:

We are on the Feb 29th sailing. We were in a sky suite on Infinity about two years ago and really enjoyed the experience, especially the tea time every afternoon in MC. We haven't ever gone to any specialties on Celebrity, but I figured if we have the option, we might as well take advantage! Though we did enjoy Luminae for all breakfasts and dinners .

I will try to post when we get back , we are on from 2/15 to 2/22 and will do all 3 restaurants 

10 hours ago, beckerooni said:

How did you manage to get an upgrade?  Paid?  Luck of the draw?

2 hours ago, George C said:

I will try to post when we get back , we are on from 2/15 to 2/22 and will do all 3 restaurants 

That would be wonderful, thank you!

2 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

How did you manage to get an upgrade?  Paid?  Luck of the draw?

We made a bid through MoveUp. It’s the first time we got one. We had good price to start on a sky suite last year and bid not too much more than SS were going for a month or two ago. Very excited!

12 hours ago, LouieT said:

we celebrated our anniversary last cruise at Le Petit Chef. It was actually GREAT. Because the room is all having this unique experience together it was like a big party. At the end we had a ball with the amazing animation and food, and then the whole room sang happy anniversary - we all walked out together as new friends the rest of the cruise.

Wow— What a great crowd and experience!

2 minutes ago, beckerooni said:

We made a bid through MoveUp. It’s the first time we got one. We had good price to start on a sky suite last year and bid not too much more than SS were going for a month or two ago. Very excited!

Awesome!  I'm sure you will enjoy it!

We would pass on the in suite dinner; too much like being at home.

Tuscan, as others have mentioned, has been hit or miss in our experience.  In fairness, our last Tuscan dinner (on Summit) was quite good.

We would easily choose Luminae, tell the manager it is a special occasion a day or two in advance, and see what they can come up with.

By the way, if it were a S class ship, which it is not, we would most certainly choose Murano.

18 hours ago, beckerooni said:

We just received an upgrade to a Royal Suite with the unlimited specialty dining amenity and I am looking for a recommendation for what would be the best romantic ambience (I know food quality is subjective!) for a 10 year anniversary dinner. We will be on Infinity, so we're looking at Qsine, Tuscan Grille or Luminae. We have dined at Luminae for a cruise a few years ago, but neither of the specialties before. Your advice would greatly appreciated, I have been lurking for years and always find great tidbits of info 🙂

I think that the Tuscan Grille would be the best option IMO.  It is the most formal, and romantic of them all.  However, we had a royal suite and you can also request a course by course dinner served either in the suite or balcony.  Enjoy the bottle of champagne that will be delivered to your stateroom when you board at the dinner- Let your butler know it is a special anniversary also.  When we have done this, the butlers decorate the cabin and really make the evening very special. You will also get a special occasion cake-   Happy anniversary!  Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

IMPO, there is no better place to have a celebrations dinner on S class ships than at a window table in Tuscan Grill.  We've celebrated a few occasions doing just that.  I alway go by and confirm details with the Tuscan Grill restaurant manager early in the cruise.  Beautiful views overlooking the wake...just makes for a special evening on the high seas.

4 minutes ago, love to sail - brian said:

IMPO, there is no better place to have a celebrations dinner on S class ships than at a window table in Tuscan Grill.  We've celebrated a few occasions doing just that.  I alway go by and confirm details with the Tuscan Grill restaurant manager early in the cruise.  Beautiful views overlooking the wake...just makes for a special evening on the high seas.

The OP is on a M class ship, so Tuscan is down on Deck 3 where SS United States (IIRC) was, which was a Murano style restaurant.  If that was still an option, I would go there, even over Luminae.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LouieT said:

We also celebrated our anniversary (40th) at LPC on Millenium recently and had a fantastic time too. DH thought it was a regular restaurant having done no prior research. The look on his face was priceless when the animations began. We had so much fun that evening that we’ll always remember.

There are other threads where opinion differs about LPC and the quality of the food,  but two of the three courses we had were among the best of the cruise.

Not impressed by Tuscan at all. On M class it lacks the wake view and the food was really no better or different to the MDR. 

19 hours ago, LouieT said:

We will be on the Infinity next year for our 50th Anniversary and this sounds perfect for the night of our actual anniversary. We are in an AQ cabin on the 11th deck so we are just a few steps from LPC.

Thanks for this thread! We'll be celebrating a major anniversary on the Summit early March. Since this will be our first time on a Celebrity ship, we're not familiar with any of the restaurants, and this info has been helpful.  Our anniversary will be the 2nd night onboard.  Is a way to reserve something now?  Or should I do it right after embarkation?