Rome Termini - Taxi to Civvi Port

Ironore88

Greetings:

We are arriving at Rome Termini from Florence on Monday morning before our Celebrity cruise.  We are considering taking a taxi from the Rome Termini train station to the port.  Has anyone booked Rome Cabs for this or what other taxis are permitted to bring you to the cruise terminal?

Many thanks as  always for your advice!

Not 100% sure of the routing here, but isn't it simpler, quicker & a whole lot cheaper to take the train from Florence (Firenza Santa Maria) to Pisa, then train from Pisa to Civitavecchia?

Anyone?

(Where's a Euro-cruiser when you need one? :classic_wink:)

JB :classic_smile:

It's actually faster to go via Rome by train, because there is no Frecce service between Florence and Pisa.  For most routings it's about the same level of convenience since you need to change trains once either way (there an no through trains).

If you travel via Rome you have the possibility of assigned seating for the entire trip (since you can get a Frecce from Rome to Civitavecchia).  If you travel via Pisa you must use a regional train for the first hour, which does not offer assigned seating.

Edited by euro cruiser

10 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

It's actually faster to go via Rome by train, because there is no Frecce service between Florence and Pisa.  For most routings it's about the same level of convenience since you need to change trains once either way (there an no through trains).

If you travel via Rome you have the possibility of assigned seating for the entire trip (since you can get a Frecce from Rome to Civitavecchia).  If you travel via Pisa you must use a regional train for the first hour, which does not offer assigned seating.

Right.

And because I couldn't understand why via Pisa wasn't showing as an option I dug into Trenitalia's site  - and came across another stumbling block.

Timetabling and poor frequency  means super-early start to the day and super-long layover time in Pisa. :classic_sad:

JB :classic_smile:

I have used Rome cabs many times. Dependable, always on time and most speak,English but not guaranteed. I personally am not a bus or train person and don’t want to carry my luggage even 10 feet . I would not hesitate to,use Rome Cabs again.

Norma