Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dwlmg

Nice Viking Restaurant Guide with Menus

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, dwlmg said:

This site has a Viking Restaurant Guide based on the Nov 2019 Viking Homelands cruise.  There are links to several menus from the cruise.

 

 

 

Thank you.  This is certainly the most complete guide I've seen.  Menus do change, especially the Chef's Table, as there are a number of new ones being offered now.   But certainly this is great for those who have not been on Viking or its been awhile.  We just got off a Viking cruise and it looks fairly accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, friendlyfifer said:

Thank you for all the menu information. Does anyone know if gluten-free pasta is available on board?

Yes! there is gf pasta and chicken parm gf etc.. enjoy Manfredi's. At chef table they will customize your menu to make it gf..even Mamsen's makes a gf waffle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, geffric said:

Yes! there is gf pasta and chicken parm gf etc.. enjoy Manfredi's. At chef table they will customize your menu to make it gf..even Mamsen's makes a gf waffle!

Thank you for your response. Gf pasta will make a big difference as there are many pasta dishes on the menus. This is our first Viking cruise. Previous cruises have been with Celebrity and Silversea. The latter were good with gf pasta but there was always a need to triple check with the waiters before accepting that any food was gf. I am hoping dining will be a little easier with Viking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, friendlyfifer said:

Thank you for your response. Gf pasta will make a big difference as there are many pasta dishes on the menus. This is our first Viking cruise. Previous cruises have been with Celebrity and Silversea. The latter were good with gf pasta but there was always a need to triple check with the waiters before accepting that any food was gf. I am hoping dining will be a little easier with Viking.

I filled out the menu the day before to ensure my ticket was marked gf. i have been on several Viking cruise and never gotten sick..I do tell them when I make the reservation and confirm with the ship a week before plus I tell them again once on the ship..Might be overkill but makes me feel better ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, geffric said:

I filled out the menu the day before to ensure my ticket was marked gf. i have been on several Viking cruise and never gotten sick..I do tell them when I make the reservation and confirm with the ship a week before plus I tell them again once on the ship..Might be overkill but makes me feel better ..

Understandably, of course!... I have a severe crustaceans allergy at that point as that, if I eat the smallest portion of any crustacean I end up at the Hospital a few hours later... No doubt I do the same you do wherever else I go... You're not alone!...

 

Fortunately, by reading those Viking menus, it seems that they are somewhat less crustacean based than what I would suppose!... And surely, if I wanted to splurge on such a Viking cruise, the waiters/waitresses would be quite knowledgeable about their menus and no problems at that front.

 

Oh: And just out the curiosity: Is the World Cafe buffet more or less crustacean based than the Restaurant?

 

And; if it is not asking too much: On another subject: Given the fact that I'm not a drinker for medical reasons: Do they have any non alcoholic cocktails at the bars? And at what prices?

 

Have a nice day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Understandably, of course!... I have a severe crustaceans allergy at that point as that, if I eat the smallest portion of any crustacean I end up at the Hospital a few hours later... No doubt I do the same you do wherever else I go... You're not alone!...

 

Fortunately, by reading those Viking menus, it seems that they are somewhat less crustacean based than what I would suppose!... And surely, if I wanted to splurge on such a Viking cruise, the waiters/waitresses would be quite knowledgeable about their menus and no problems at that front.

 

Oh: And just out the curiosity: Is the World Cafe buffet more or less crustacean based than the Restaurant?

 

And; if it is not asking too much: On another subject: Given the fact that I'm not a drinker for medical reasons: Do they have any non alcoholic cocktails at the bars? And at what prices?

 

Have a nice day!

I have seen a fair amount of king crab, lobster, and shrimp in various videos of the World Cafe buffet.  The buffet seems pretty well spread out with separate counters for various groups of offerings. There is also a sushi counter where there may be some crustacean products.  Viking calls non alcoholic bar beverages mocktails.  If you google Viking Ocean Bar Menus you can see some examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...