Splendor! The Pre-Christening Inaugural Transatlantic Cruise! A LIVE Joint Blog!

Mr Rumor

9 hours ago, JAG2003 said:

Splendid sea days on the Splendor. Amazing weather, calm seas, daily  officers’ challenge, Ladies’ Dinner with Captain Serena, fine dining and FUN FUN FUN!   

5E7BF9E7-2FE2-4CE0-8323-EF1D0D29B921.jpeg

78C6EE70-92B6-4AE2-89D0-E012897BE9CE.jpeg

5D4487DA-D872-4D94-BFEB-A2E1EC39C538.jpeg

How nice that Captain Serena hosted a ladies dinner, sounds very special!

May I ask, what is the drink in the black glass?  And what is the dish that you are showing?

Hooray, love to see Kasia and Boogie!!

Bob

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

How nice that Captain Serena hosted a ladies dinner, sounds very special!

May I ask, what is the drink in the black glass?  And what is the dish that you are showing?

Hooray, love to see Kasia and Boogie!!

Bob

Hi Bob.  The drink is the “Splendor Special” served in the Meridian Martini Bar.  Crown Royal, Ginger, orange and maybe a little lemonade.  Delicious!

The dish is a new one in pacific Rim “Seafood ??”  Lobster, scallops, calamari, etc in a delicious sauce with Cardamon and other great spices.  I recommend both 😊

Good morning, its sea day No. 6 and the fourth of six in a row.  It is another beautiful day!

England’s Barricade Boys (Google them) were sensational in their two Constellation Theater performances, so it was a thrill to see them in a surprise final appearance at the Top Tier event last night.

CD06EB38-6365-456C-902C-00AD56DDB434.thumb.jpeg.c349f1b09a10a2ac92728a197ffdf560.jpeg

The lads have a lot going for them, including soaring four-part harmonies, great pacing, and bursts of smart choreography.  Plus they have an extensive repertoire.  In their 20-minute Top Tier set they managed to work in a seven-song Elton John medley, a five-song Tom Jones medley, Jesus Christ Superstar” and “My Favorite Things.”  CD John announced afterwards that he will try his best to bring the Boys to a Constellation Theater near you in the future.  

Before their performance, Cruise Consultant Bruce noted that there are more Seven Seas Society members on our cruise than the Mariner World Cruise at the moment.  The numbers, tier by tier:

Commodore, 1

Diamond, 4

Titanium, 34

Platinum, 70

Gold, 164

Silver, 184

Bruce also shared a set of numbers I’d not heard before, the current SSS worldwide breakdown:

Commodore, 5

Diamond, 32

Titanium, 750+

Platinum, 2800+

Gold, 18,000+

Silver, 116,000+

Edited by Mr Rumor

LOCKED IN THE LOO !!

My turn to tell a tale from the inaugural....was waiting for my little glitch experience to happen.  This morning I stopped in the ladies room (aka LOO) outside La Veranda.  Lo and behold...the inside handle came off while I was in the stall.  Bang-bang-bang on the door hoping for someone to hear me and figured I'd just have to wait for someone to come in.  Texted DH who was in another part of the ship but by the time he could get there I had been "rescued" by a guest who had heard the banging and alerted a Head Waiter who came in to help.  She was already on the phone to Maintenance before I left the facility.  OW my toe hurts!  Should have stuck with using my heel. 😂  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

LOCKED IN THE LOO !!

My turn to tell a tale from the inaugural....was waiting for my little glitch experience to happen.  This morning I stopped in the ladies room (aka LOO) outside La Veranda.  Lo and behold...the inside handle came off while I was in the stall.  Bang-bang-bang on the door hoping for someone to hear me and figured I'd just have to wait for someone to come in.  Texted DH who was in another part of the ship but by the time he could get there I had been "rescued" by a guest who had heard the banging and alerted a Head Waiter who came in to help.  She was already on the phone to Maintenance before I left the facility.  OW my toe hurts!  Should have stuck with using my heel. 😂  

Sorry about your toe.  Glad someone came to help.  Part of the new construction shake down process!!

16 minutes ago, JAG2003 said:

Fun officer - guest Baggo today.  Captain Serena was blindfolded and still managed to score!! 😳.  Happy Valentine’s Day 💕

Captain Serena saw to it that Food and Beverage Director Stephane got into the act, too!

6D8FC23A-793F-41C6-9238-19C07F1D7CEB.thumb.jpeg.41dbd0ef74a0d1db493dfaf40d9de688.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

This ship looks amazing!  I'm thinking of booking the 2021 Transatlantic Barcelona to Miami.  Looks like the perfect itinerary to enjoy this beautiful ship!  Will be my first Regent cruise!

Welcome to Regent!

We will be on both November 2020 and 2021 Splendor TA’s. Love transatlantic cruising. We really enjoy the relaxing time spent on the ship. 
Hope to see you onboard!

sheila

1 hour ago, JVNYC said:

This ship looks amazing!  I'm thinking of booking the 2021 Transatlantic Barcelona to Miami.  Looks like the perfect itinerary to enjoy this beautiful ship!  Will be my first Regent cruise!

You'll love it!  Also, it's the perfect direction - we get to move the clock back one hour on six overnights.  A real bonus!

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Rich - the boutique probably has some nice tee shirts?

Gerry, why didn’t I think of that? How do you like me in my new Splendor tee?

8264052B-8F13-4660-B2C4-871697623AED.thumb.jpeg.12a3f14b7f3f5990bba338f6df9fc461.jpeg

Boutique assistant Elizabeth displays the design in the two other colors it comes in.

E1492CA6-FC13-40B3-AA8F-771529D5094D.thumb.jpeg.bf713a3684848fee8f19191b9aed5e0c.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr Rumor said:

Gerry, why didn’t I think of that? How do you like me in my new Splendor tee?

8264052B-8F13-4660-B2C4-871697623AED.thumb.jpeg.12a3f14b7f3f5990bba338f6df9fc461.jpeg

Boutique assistant Elizabeth displays the design in the two other colors it comes in.

E1492CA6-FC13-40B3-AA8F-771529D5094D.thumb.jpeg.bf713a3684848fee8f19191b9aed5e0c.jpeg

LOVE it!!  Colour suits you ... to a tee !!   (Sorry).  Now get one for Ginny!

• Like 1

Good morning on Splendor Sea Day No. 7, the fifth of sixth in a row.

After spending the pre-dinner hour in the Meridian Lounge last night beginning to explore the amazing new collection of 27 exclusive-to-Meridian libations with former F&B director and now Regent Corporate Traveling Beverage Manager Daniela and senior bartender Catalin, I can state without hesitation that if you enjoy your pre- or post-dinner cocktails, Meridian will be your Splendor mecca.  (The drinks will debut on the Explorer some time this year.)

The collection of gin-based and other “Unforgettable” cocktails was largely the creation of Daniela and Catalin.  Work began on the drink lineup shortly after Daniela was promoted to her new position last summer and continued into last October when the two Romanian-born Regent stars spent 12 days in Regent’s Miami headquarters test bar perfecting the recipes.  

It was hard to know where to start when scanning the three pages of drinks, so I asked Catalin to pour me the most popular one so far.  He didn’t hesitate, selecting Quintessentially British from the “Gin Way” collection.  About the three key ingredients, Catalin said the fresh pomegranate seeds add a “kind of sour flavor,” which the fresh lemon juice “expresses,” and the Hendrick’s then “calms down.”  After adding some Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water (FT tonic water is exclusively used in the gin drinks) and a long slice of cucumber, the drink was Ginny’s and mine to savor.

31C33724-C2E3-45A8-A18A-1B3E526000FE.thumb.jpeg.b2d9bc69670b595a71485fde66a78877.jpeg

74D70509-16EB-46BC-A5BC-19BBD76A9D9E.thumb.jpeg.992f4b7eb614a53d73e963f165f7ff96.jpeg

By now, Daniela had joined us.  She recommended that we take a sip on the wild side with Spicy and Passion, from the Unforgettable Cocktails list, featuring Patron Silver tequila, Passoa, fresh lime juice, fresh passion fruit, agave nectar and chili pepper.  Caramba!

35CDD8D0-63F3-49C6-8747-6D7C27CB7490.thumb.jpeg.d56d7e5a045a4d92d8065620bff6e859.jpeg

Next up was another Daniela choice, Bonne Soirée (Woodford Reserve, Chambord, citrus bitters), which has the distinction of being the one new drink featuring the Regent “R” in ice (created with a contraption that looks like an oversized Regent ice bucket, but much heavier).  
0AAF72FF-A3A7-465B-99ED-0C2D3DE1461A.thumb.jpeg.da3e27bcac5d7768d8ed001958b6a197.jpeg

1426C990-BA2F-4ACA-8E06-6063A92B54E1.thumb.jpeg.8dd09f53aad55c48faf89098c2728afd.jpeg

To finish our tasting, Daniela suggested we stray from the Unforgettable Cocktails collection for Splendor’s Signature Cocktail, comprised of Crown Royal, fresh lemon juice, ginger, honey and citrus bitters.  In case there was any confusion which drink Catalin was preparing, the “branded” orange peel made it clear!

DF5F30AD-9025-4971-AA18-31BAAB7FAE11.thumb.jpeg.481a6b50d908fe2f50903375f26994d8.jpeg

Edited by Mr Rumor
  • Like 2

Wow oh woe is my liver!  Those look fabulous!   Can u ask Daniela if they will go fleet wide?   My least favorite thing about about Regent is the use of sour mix. A bartender said this was a corporate decision as consistency in sourcing lemons and limes (!!) was an issue.  I love trying craft cocktails and this was the area that needed improvement.   Brava Daniela and team!

Please extend our congratulations to Daniela about her promotion.  It is well deserved.   I think back fondly to that dinner we all had with her...and the beautiful apple rose dessert in puff pastry!  

• Like 1