Best Suggest for two seniors in Bridgetown

bocaraton

Want to tour around. Have been to Caribbean many time from Florida. We are two seniors so will probably hire a private car when we get off. We do use walkers but just for balance. Would love a catamaran that we find someone offering at port...want to just be on water for day. All suggestions will be appreciated. We are on January 31 sailing southern Caribbean  solstice..so two days from now....Do you know of any reliable private guides who stand at port? thanks.  

28 minutes ago, bocaraton said:

Want to tour around. Have been to Caribbean many time from Florida. We are two seniors so will probably hire a private car when we get off. We do use walkers but just for balance. Would love a catamaran that we find someone offering at port...want to just be on water for day. All suggestions will be appreciated. We are on January 31 sailing southern Caribbean  solstice..so two days from now....Do you know of any reliable private guides who stand at port? thanks.  

Are you sure you are on Solstice? I thought she was in Australia...Could be me who is wrong...

Check the roll call for your cruise. There may be others looking for exactly what you are. I then suggest if you don’t see anything there then go to CC ports of call or go to trip advisor and look at possible trips...Strongly recommend you don’t do this last minute in port...Firstly you may find nothing, secondly you could be ripped off and thirdly you could put yourself in a less than safe situation...

Please check on whatever tour you look at that in the ‘small print’ your age/mobility issues don’t rule you out...Also check your insurance coverage. For example, if you have a recorded history of  neck or back problems then you may find some boat trips may declare ‘not suitable’ for guests with neck or back problems. Remember payouts would not be based on your present personal assessment of difficulty but on your history....A mine field I know!

Hope you have a fantastic cruise but please be cautious...one thing that diminishing mobility has convinced us is that pre planning is vital to make the most of your cruise.

Edited by chemmo

Lots of folks rave about the Calabaza catamaran in Bridgetown. Check it out on the ports forum. I emailed them about their ladder to get out of the water back into the boat if one decides to swim. Recuperating from two knee replacements makes it hard if the ladder isn’t long enough down into the water. They replied it was long.

Edited by lizinindy
Grammar

We went on a tour through the cruise line when we were in Barbados. There seemed to be a good amount of private guides around the terminal. We enjoyed the tour of the George Washington House and then a bus tour around part of the island. The GW house was interesting.

@bocaraton

Howdy! emo22.gif

Since your topic concerns Bridgetown, Barbados I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Barbados forum where it will be on-topic.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

@bocaraton

Howdy! emo22.gif

Since your topic concerns Bridgetown, Barbados I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Barbados forum where it will be on-topic.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thank you

• Thanks 1