Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wow!  We are on a March 15 sailing on Oasis...so 46 days from now.  All suite categories have been closed for over a month.  I got the royal up email 3 weeks ago and thought there would be no way it would go through, due to the lack of available suites.  We were confirmed in a jr. suite but decided to put down a minimum bid ($600 per person) for the owner's suite.  Today, to my surprise, I got a confirmation saying that our bid was accepted!!!  I can't wait!! I have decided not to tell my husband ahead of time....it can be a big surprise on the day that we sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it works out for you!  We are on the Feb 16th Oasis sailing and are one of those affected by the double booking of Jr. Suites and still don’t know what type of room we will end up in!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome congratulations!!  Yes keep it a secret until boarding or actually going to your cabin.  I kept it a secret as long as I could which was only 2 days luckily.  Embarkation morning we were getting ready to leave our hotel and saw a change in ports on our cruise planner and realized changes were made due to Dorian so I let the cat out of the bag.  I kind of wished I would have waited until we went to our cabin but it was Amazing either way!! Our one and only Royal up we got was on the Allure several months ago, we went from a balcony to a 2 br Grand Suite for just the two of us and lucked out with Dorian and got a few extra nights!!  We ate almost every meal in coastal kitchen and really enjoyed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Philatelyisforme said:

We're on the same cruise and same thing happened, except we are going from JS to Crown Loft.   Very excited!

 

You will love it!  So nice to be on the same floor as the Suite Lounge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got bids today for our March 1 sailing on the Harmony.  I could only bid on the JS, or several different oceanview balconies.  We have the boardwalk balcony next to my daughter and her BF.  While I debated on trying the minimum for one of the other balconies, we wouldn't be together anymore so I left it alone.  The JS was looking for a minimum of $400 PP, which right now I don't really have that bit of extra to spend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bid in on the Mariner that leaves this coming Monday and it's still showing "pending".  Still hoping.  However someone just mentioned to me that they heard that if your bid is accepted for Royal Up that you don't get the benefits that go with the Suite.  That couldn't be possible, could it?  Doesn't sound right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay—congrats!  This keeps me optimistic about my odds for our March 1st Harmony cruise!  Same situation with everything showing sold out and just placing the minimum bids! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve put in several bids for suites on an upcoming sailing-3/1 Oasis.   Haven’t heard anything, probably because this is one of the sailings with Jr Suites overbooked. 

 

I am very interested in the “level” of bid.   Was it the minimum or “weak”, “fair” or “strong “?   I’m wondering if I should up my bid.  

 Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, Tiggercat said:

Wow!  We are on a March 15 sailing on Oasis...so 46 days from now.  All suite categories have been closed for over a month.  I got the royal up email 3 weeks ago and thought there would be no way it would go through, due to the lack of available suites.  We were confirmed in a jr. suite but decided to put down a minimum bid ($600 per person) for the owner's suite.  Today, to my surprise, I got a confirmation saying that our bid was accepted!!!  I can't wait!! I have decided not to tell my husband ahead of time....it can be a big surprise on the day that we sail.

you will love the owner’s suite. DW and i had an owner’s suite when we were on the Harmont in 2018. there is do much, but the best feature is the stand alone showe.enjoy. 

 

we will be on the Oasis on the April 26th cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I've done bids farther out than 30 days, but when I try to see what the options are for my cruise later this spring, I get this message. And yes, I have made absolutely sure my info is entered correctly.  Is this 30 day window a new thing?  

 

image.thumb.png.7da7b74d80470ceb7f37fdab061d9b36.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I know I've done bids farther out than 30 days, but when I try to see what the options are for my cruise later this spring, I get this message. And yes, I have made absolutely sure my info is entered correctly.  Is this 30 day window a new thing?

 

You should get an email from Royal UP! If you don't, you must wait to be within the 30 days. They are trying to make it seem exclusive and by invitation only, I think. Lol!

 

Edited by CruiszBug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CruiszBug said:

You should get an email from Royal UP! If you don't, you must wait to be within the 30 days. They are trying to make it seem exclusive and by invitation only, I think. Lol!

 

Ah!  I do remember getting emails for the past couple of cruises, right after the program had started.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rockmom said:

I know I've done bids farther out than 30 days, but when I try to see what the options are for my cruise later this spring, I get this message. And yes, I have made absolutely sure my info is entered correctly.  Is this 30 day window a new thing?  

 

image.thumb.png.7da7b74d80470ceb7f37fdab061d9b36.png

It’s been there since the start.  It varies by ship and sail date as to whether you can bid before the 30 days or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

If your royal up bid is accepted, do you still get the suite perks ?? i.e. jr. suite to owners suite??

you get the perks except if you originally booked a category that gives less points   but I believe you get two points with a junior suite already   

 

the suite lounge, boarding, unlimited access to costal kichen, the shows, etc, is so worth your bid!  enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, Tiggercat said:

Wow!  I can't wait!! I have decided not to tell my husband ahead of time....it can be a big surprise on the day that we sail.

 

If he doesn't care about the room, sure, wait until you board to tell him.

But that excitement you are feeling, that anticipation, for the next few weeks? That's part of the fun, part of the value of the nice room. Don't deny him that, tell him now, surprise him now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Philatelyisforme said:

We're on the same cruise and same thing happened, except we are going from JS to Crown Loft.   Very excited!

Awesome!!  We love the Crown Loft suites and being located so close to the Suite Lounge!  You will have a great time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Southern latitudes said:

I’ve put in several bids for suites on an upcoming sailing-3/1 Oasis.   Haven’t heard anything, probably because this is one of the sailings with Jr Suites overbooked. 

 

I am very interested in the “level” of bid.   Was it the minimum or “weak”, “fair” or “strong “?   I’m wondering if I should up my bid.  

 Thanks

It was a very weak bid...the minimum

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...