Showers on Azamara Pursuit

Marymcgol1

Based on reading a number of reviews/posts, it seems that the veranda cabins on this ship have relatively small showers with cloth shower curtains that have a tendency to “cling”. We are wondering about the shower/bathtub configuration in the suites - do some have combination tub showers or do the ones with just a shower have a larger shower.  We are not petite people and would like to make sure we can shower in comfort.  Thanks

The CC Suites without tubs have a large walk in shower - here’s a link to the deck plan https://www.azamara.co.uk/our-ships/azamara-pursuit/azamara-pursuit-deck-plans-2020. From the photos the Suites with tubs also have a shower https://www.azamara.co.uk/our-ships/suites/club-continent-suite

We’ve always been in either a Verandah or Oceanview and found the showers OK. Yes they are small and it is a cloth curtain, but the new curtains don’t stick to you, and actually the whole bathroom is a ‘wet room’ you you can leave the curtain open, although we never do. We’re both tall and my husband is certainly not little. Some people suggest bringing weighted clips to hold the curtain down, or magnetic clips to hold it tight to the bathroom wall - we’ve never felt the need to do so.

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We’ve always been in either a Verandah or Oceanview and found the showers OK. Yes they are small and it is a cloth curtain, but the new curtains don’t stick to you, and actually the whole bathroom is a ‘wet room’ you you can leave the curtain open, although we never do. We’re both tall and my husband is certainly not little. Some people suggest bringing weighted clips to hold the curtain down, or magnetic clips to hold it tight to the bathroom wall - we’ve never felt the need to do so.

Agree.  Never had an issue with shower or curtain.

• Like 1

We’ve sailed a few times in CC suites our last trip in Dec was in a Verandah.  Yes we missed the CC shower the Verandah shower is smaller.  After the 1st day we ended up turning water off, putting curtain into bathroom, lathering up, then curtain back in to shower off.  It worked fine, bathroom didn’t get drenched, and no curtain cling!  Our friend went to spa bathroom and showered up there.

We’ve been cruising with Azamara since 2007, and have never had any sort of problem with the showers in the Verandah and Ocean View cabins.  They are small but adequate.  I have a little more trouble with my knee pressing on the door frame when I sit on the loo, but no one else mentions this, so it might just be me!

• Like 1

I think the extent to which size matters is one of personal taste. 
I certainly can manage in an ocean view/verandah shower. I’m not in it that long and I can always shower with the curtain open if I have a particularly affectionate curtain (they vary even between identical rooms on the same ship)

If my budget is with me of course I prefer a club continent shower but my cruise 🚢  is not spoiled if I’m not able to have one. What I cannot cope with is the shower tub club continental arrangement - give me a veranda or below any day rather than that high step over. 
I suspect others are reading this thinking give me the shower tub combo any day 

On this issue no one is right or wrong go for what your budget allows but don’t ever ever ever bank on getting better in the upgrade system. It’s not going to happen if you really need it. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, florisdekort said:

I can’t stand the showers in regular cabins, they are way too small. The upside of that is that we now exclusively sail in suites 🙂 Those showers are absolutely fine. 

That's a lot of dosh to pay for a 'better' shower! 😉

• Like 1

I've been in standard cabin many times and have never had an issue with the shower curtain, but you know it's there.

I am currently on Journey in a window cabin. In the interests of science and good service to the Azamara community I have conducted an experiment this morning. The WHOLE of the bathroom is a wet room with drain holes. I therefore showered with the curtain open and just the bath mat the other side and a towel on the floor just in case. 

It is fine to do this. There is minimal splashing on the floor and what is there has been captured by the bath mat. If there were two of you (I'm solo) you could ask your room steward for two mats and in effect have one as each of you to shower. 

So this is the solution. I took a photo after my shower to show the extent of any water ingress into the rest of the bathroom. It's minimal. 

Rather counter intuitive to have the curtain open, but this method works. 

On the right hand side of photo below it shows the drain hole In the bathroom rather than shower area. 

Phil 

876F1138-A69E-430D-AD1C-EB7C383D57B1.jpeg

• Like 3

We have done one Azamara cruise in a veranda with the small bathroom, and one in a suite [we booked a CC suite but were able to upgrade to a CW = heaven!].  The cabin was fine, but the shower was indeed too small.  A cabin crawl showed us that the solution is to book a CC.

I suggested to Azamara that they should take the opportunity with the acquisition of Pursuit to make all of deck 8 into CC cabins, but they didn't take my advice...

On 2/3/2020 at 4:20 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

In the interests of science and good service to the Azamara community I have conducted an experiment this morning. 

This is why I love this community! So funny while being completely honest and helpful!