Need recommendations for when to book honeymoon cruise

Mleird

Hi guys, I am new to this so if this is in the wrong place please tell me so I can change it! 

I have been on 2 cruises before with before Royal Caribbean, and Carnival. We have already decided for our honeymoon that we wanna go on either an oasis class cruise or quantum class(Royal Caribbean). Some of our backup ships are mostly in Royal Caribbean's Freedom class. The problem is this, I graduate mid-May 2021, and I have to take a test in the summer(in June maybe July) to get my job certification. I do not know the date of my test and will not know until maybe April of 2021 if I am lucky. I am worried about booking the cruise just 1 to 2 months before sailing. Can i get any recommendations for how to book last minute, if its expensive, or even feasible to only book so close to sailing. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!!

If it's just a Honeymoon and it's just the 2 of you it should be fine to book closer to the cruise!

Sometimes a month or so before the cruise is really cheaper for price!!...they rather go out with a totally full cruise instead of a "close" to full cruise.

If you are planning the wedding and honeymoon on the cruise than you will need to book at least 5 months before. 

Totally agree with Thjeepster: sometimes booking a cruise shortly before is cheaper, cause someone might cancel its trip the last moment. But I can also advice you to watch prices for different dates from even now, cause maybe you'll be able to find the most beneficial price. Hope everything will be alright