Santorini Catamaran Tour

originalglide

I’m relying on my visit to Santorini a few years ago, so take this for what it’s worth.  First, you have to tender the short distance to shore.  Then you must take the cable car/elevator up from sea level to the top rim of the volcanic crater.  Depending on lineups, that could all take you an hour or so.  At the top, you are immediately in the busy town of Thira.  I’m not sure where Vichada is in relation to Thira, but you will easily find the public bus terminus not far from the cable car depot.  Buses run from there on several routes. I took one to a beach bay on the other side, and it was about a half hour ride.  You would have to repeat all these steps in reverse on the way back in time to make the sailing time.  Surely the catamaran people can give you some advice?

• 7 months later...

We took a private catamaran tour, and they picked us up at the Old Town port right where the tender drops you off.  It was very convenient, and after our cruise, they dropped us off at Oia to see the windmills and that end of the island.  We took a taxi back to Fira where we picked up the tender and back to the ship.  We loved our catamaran cruise in Santorini--it was one of our favorite days of the entire Mediterranean cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 7:09 PM, HRPro said:

We took a private catamaran tour, and they picked us up at the Old Town port right where the tender drops you off.  It was very convenient, and after our cruise, they dropped us off at Oia to see the windmills and that end of the island.  We took a taxi back to Fira where we picked up the tender and back to the ship.  We loved our catamaran cruise in Santorini--it was one of our favorite days of the entire Mediterranean cruise.

Would you mind sharing the name of the tour company?

On 10/3/2020 at 6:46 PM, boilermaker330 said:

Would you mind sharing the name of the tour company?

Odysseas Sailing Yacht on Santorini, the owner is Vaio Lamprinakis.  I found them on Trip Advisor--they were very highly rated, and we had a wonderful half day excursion sailing and swimming, which still gave us plenty of time to explore Oia and get back to Fira in time to catch the tender back to the ship.

2 hours ago, HRPro said:

Odysseas Sailing Yacht on Santorini, the owner is Vaio Lamprinakis.  I found them on Trip Advisor--they were very highly rated, and we had a wonderful half day excursion sailing and swimming, which still gave us plenty of time to explore Oia and get back to Fira in time to catch the tender back to the ship.

Thank you! I will definitely check into this for our stop in Santorini.