Coco Cay Review/Summary/Hints & Tips

I haven't been to the "new" Coco Cay", and am considering a short voyage that stops twice at the island. I've searched on "Coco Cay" to try to find a post that will give me a complete rundown of what there is to do there, best activities and food, best place to relax, etc. I can't seem to find such a post. If you know of a place where I can read an excellent review/summary, I would appreciate it if you could please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

We always sit at the beach right below the snorkel hut.  We grab 2 loungers/umbrella in the first row and chill for the day.  Wacky Seagull is steps away and there is bar service on the beach.  We like to people watch and we love watching the water, so it is perfect for us.  What they have done to the island is amazing, but we don't need all that stuff.  We just want the beach/water and do nothing but relax.  We go to Chill Grill for the buffet lunch and it is very good.

• Like 6

I would be interested in knowing if there is plenty to do without purchasing the water park pass? Can we still have access to the pool etc? Is the buffet included without purchasing the pass? We'll be in a few weeks!

1 hour ago, P.A. said:

I would be interested in knowing if there is plenty to do without purchasing the water park pass? Can we still have access to the pool etc? Is the buffet included without purchasing the pass? We'll be in a few weeks!

Yes to both.  You have access to the Oasis Lagoon and to multiple food service areas without having to purchase a water park pass.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:37 PM, LisaT91403 said:

I haven't been to the "new" Coco Cay", and am considering a short voyage that stops twice at the island. I've searched on "Coco Cay" to try to find a post that will give me a complete rundown of what there is to do there, best activities and food, best place to relax, etc. I can't seem to find such a post. If you know of a place where I can read an excellent review/summary, I would appreciate it if you could please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Would you mind posting which cruise you are looking at that has 2 stops at Coco Cay? It's been a couple of years since we've been there and would like to go back.

4 hours ago, Yvie said:

Would you mind posting which cruise you are looking at that has 2 stops at Coco Cay? It's been a couple of years since we've been there and would like to go back.

We have the May 11th Mariner which has two stops at CocoCay.....

On 1/30/2020 at 5:27 PM, karena1 said:

We always sit at the beach right below the snorkel hut.  We grab 2 loungers/umbrella in the first row and chill for the day.  Wacky Seagull is steps away and there is bar service on the beach.  We like to people watch and we love watching the water, so it is perfect for us.  What they have done to the island is amazing, but we don't need all that stuff.  We just want the beach/water and do nothing but relax.  We go to Chill Grill for the buffet lunch and it is very good.

That sounds exactly like what my husband and I would be looking for. Thank you. We have a two-stop Coco Cay cruise booked for 2021.

• Like 1

A few of us on the forum (but definitely a minority) are not huge fans of the island as it feels too theme park-y and the activity prices (aside from sitting on the beach under an umbrella) seem to be exorbitant. Just thought you should hear from both sides...

We just return from Harmony of the Seas on Sunday, Coco cay was last Saturday. It was very windy at Chill Beach so we went to the lagoon which was perfect.  The grandkids enjoyed the pirate ship and small kids water park which is close by.

The week before we were on the Mariner and only made Coco Cay once instead of twice, when we did stop we stay at the swim up pool, which again was perfect.

The make your own tacos was perfect for lunch and the Carmel brownies were delicious!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We just return from Harmony of the Seas on Sunday, Coco cay was last Saturday. It was very windy at Chill Beach so we went to the lagoon which was perfect.  The grandkids enjoyed the pirate ship and small kids water park which is close by.

The week before we were on the Mariner and only made Coco Cay once instead of twice, when we did stop we stay at the swim up pool, which again was perfect.

The make your own tacos was perfect for lunch and the Carmel brownies were delicious!

So did you actually purchase the park admission for the swim up pool and for the lunch with taco bar?

If you do book the zipline, be aware that there are towers to be climbed for each of the stations of the zipline, and especially be aware that the way they dismount you at each landing is on an aluminum A-frame 6' step ladder!!! with the millions of dollars they spent, you would think they could have provided a better way to get off. I am a very small woman and at the last landing they made me stand, WITH NOTHING TO HOLD ON TO, on the flat top of the ladder. It made the whole experience awful. Just want people to be aware, there was nothing in the description to indicate that. The water slides are awesome!!

3 minutes ago, P.A. said:

So did you actually purchase the park admission for the swim up pool and for the lunch with taco bar?

No purchase necessary.  The tacos were really really good.  And yes it was a little windy as the storm from Florida was rolling in but it didn’t take away from the enjoyment people were having all over the island.  
I didn’t pay for anything and was all over the island.  Only place I was asked to leave was the over water cabanas.   I should have asked if could could just video a quick clip but didn’t think of it while there.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheezsmith said:

If you do book the zipline, be aware that there are towers to be climbed for each of the stations of the zipline, and especially be aware that the way they dismount you at each landing is on an aluminum A-frame 6' step ladder!!! with the millions of dollars they spent, you would think they could have provided a better way to get off. I am a very small woman and at the last landing they made me stand, WITH NOTHING TO HOLD ON TO, on the flat top of the ladder. It made the whole experience awful. Just want people to be aware, there was nothing in the description to indicate that. The water slides are awesome!!

Seems like every zip line I’ve seen ?   Tower looks safe to me.  
they

1F3036FA-09CE-4102-AB22-FE5784CD3565.png

39 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

No purchase necessary.  The tacos were really really good.  And yes it was a little windy as the storm from Florida was rolling in but it didn’t take away from the enjoyment people were having all over the island.  
I didn’t pay for anything and was all over the island.  Only place I was asked to leave was the over water cabanas.   I should have asked if could could just video a quick clip but didn’t think of it while there.   

Awesome! Thank you for that info and for posting the info.👍

1 hour ago, P.A. said:

Thank you for sharing this video. Curious as to what the temps were and if the pool water was cold? We'll be there mid Feb

I was there 2nd week in Jan, and the pool was super cold.   The food was good though, the crispy chicken sandwich hit the spot for that "fast food" craving near the end of the cruise.

2 hours ago, P.A. said:

Thank you for sharing this video. Curious as to what the temps were and if the pool water was cold? We'll be there mid Feb

To me the water was just right.  But others were saying it was cold lol.   So.   Lol.