Taxi at zeebrugge

bigjo1

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. We are going on QM2 for a 4 day trip stopping at Zeebrugge and in our party is my brother in law who is blind- we all want to go to Bruges but feel that catching the train etc from Blankenburg will be quite challenging for him. As money is not a priority here could we order a taxi to pick us up at the ship or are they not allowed on the docks and we would need to get it at the dock gates or in Blankenburg itself. 
many thanks to the earlier replies regarding estas- I just needed patience!!

1 hour ago, bigjo1 said:

could we order a taxi to pick us up at the ship or are they not allowed on the docks and we would need to get it at the dock gates or in Blankenburg itself.

You need to take the free shuttle to the port gates - no need to go all the way to Blankenburg.

From the Port of Zeebrugge website:

"Taxis are not allowed to go alongside the ship. You will find the taxi line just outside the terminal next to the drop-off zone of the complimentary port shuttle."

https://portofzeebrugge.be/en/FAQ

From our experience a couple of years ago - some are and some aren't.  We just had to wait for one that could take up.

"Accessible" means that they have a steep ramp so my wife chose to walk on while I guided her chair up or down the ramp. There was space inside to park the chair.

When we went 3 years ago, they had shuttle buses right at the side of the ship, and you paid 20 Euros for a R/T ticket. They were right at the side of the ship, then dropped us off near the train station in Bruges. It was an easy 15 minute walk into town then. No need to reserve anything before hand.