Celebrity's Handling of their Millennium Sailing is SHAMEFUL!

BelloMundo

13 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Can you still cancel and get any refund? I'd probably gamble and wait until they cancel or modify your cruise so you can get out of it for free + some compensation.

Yes we can. It’s a roll of the dice on how things are going to go. At this point I would rather take the hit now. We still have some time to let things work themselves out before we have to jump.

22 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I really wonder when the OP will return (or through a surrogate) let us know if the offerings for their cancelled sailing was satisfactory or not?

bon voyage

I highly doubt it.  The OP only wanted to hear what she wanted to hear and had no use for anyone saying "be patient, I bet things change..."     Even if she does return, the refund offered won't be satisfactory to her, because it didn't come as immediately as she demanded, so in that sense she still didn't get what she wanted (i.e. she didn't "win")

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

I highly doubt it.  The OP only wanted to hear what she wanted to hear and had no use for anyone saying "be patient, I bet things change..."     Even if she does return, the refund offered won't be satisfactory to her, because it didn't come as immediately as she demanded, so in that sense she still didn't get what she wanted (i.e. she didn't "win")

This whole situation with the virus has changed so much in the last three weeks since the OP poster her first post (Jan 31). If she did indeed cancel before the cruise was actually canceled by X she probably was not happy with the outcome, remember she never buys any Travel Insurance because in her mind it is a ripoff.  

• Haha 1

FYI, the OP posted on a couple of the Millennium Roll Calls that received his refund to the credit card and is awaiting is FCC.  For those who waited Neil Celebrity cancelled, things seem to be proceeding smoothly.

Apparently, he did not like our help and isn’t coming back.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:16 AM, netbill1 said:

I am really happy with the way Celebrity have treated us. Ok we only had 10 days notice but everything that has happened was not their fault. They have been really generous with a full refund and 50% off another cruise. 

was this on the Millenium?  We have been told by our concierge rep and our TA rep that NOONE outside of the cruisers that were allowed on the 2-1 sailing received a combination of refund and FCC.   They insist that anyone who booked 2-15 through the end of May were only given total refund. No FCC. I keep reading people say they got both. 

I have a huge favor to ask of my fellow cruise critic members. I want to show these reps they are being lied to or being told to lie. If anyone that got both refund and FCC (other than those that were allowed on 2-1 Millenium sailing) could please email me documentation?  And even better would be your confirmation number and sail date. 

For those that missed my previous posts,  we flew to Singapore for the 2-1 sailing but were denied boarding because we had a 2 hour layover in HK on the way there. 

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. 

cindivanw at outlook.com. 

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

was this on the Millenium?  We have been told by our concierge rep and our TA rep that NOONE outside of the cruisers that were allowed on the 2-1 sailing received a combination of refund and FCC.   They insist that anyone who booked 2-15 through the end of May were only given total refund. No FCC. I keep reading people say they got both. 

I have a huge favor to ask of my fellow cruise critic members. I want to show these reps they are being lied to or being told to lie. If anyone that got both refund and FCC (other than those that were allowed on 2-1 Millenium sailing) could please email me documentation?  And even better would be your confirmation number and sail date. 

For those that missed my previous posts,  we flew to Singapore for the 2-1 sailing but were denied boarding because we had a 2 hour layover in HK on the way there. 

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. 

cindivanw at outlook.com. 

To be clear, not everyone received this only certain and subsequent sailings, as reported and was posted on X's website too.

There are posts here of letters/notices received about this refund/FCC...

Not sure what you are gunning for, really or what point is needed to be proved to others, if it matters.

If the Reps are lying, as you suspect or not, you can search here for the notices or have them do so. Most were reprinted in full and without redaction.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Not gunning for anything but truth and equity.  It took me a while but I did eventually find both links of notifications sent to passengers for the 2-15 (full refund plus 50% FCC)  cruises and for the 2-29 cruises to the end of May (full refund plus 25% FCC) and forwarded them to my TA.   

Two celebrity reps with whom I have had contact said absolutely no one outside of those on the 2-1 cruise received both a refund and FCC. The links I eventually found on the celebrity website clearly state otherwise.  Thanks to all who posted those links on various threads here. My TA and the Celebrity told me I need proof, which I did eventually find. I was surprised to find it on their actual website though.   Just so frustrating the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Or they say they don’t. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

my question on X is, actually

how are these 50 % calculated

in our case:

base fare - we got too much

full cost: missing some

What missing link do I need, to do the maths at myself to come to X numbers?

Usually full cruise price without port taxes, port fees, taxes and possibly incl. perks like beverage package, grats, OBC...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cindivan said:

was this on the Millenium?  We have been told by our concierge rep and our TA rep that NOONE outside of the cruisers that were allowed on the 2-1 sailing received a combination of refund and FCC.  

The difference in our case (Millennium 2/29) was if you canceled or if they canceled.

The passengers who canceled after being offered to do so received a refund (some received a cash refund, some received FCC, also depending on which country you booked in).

The passengers who were still booked on the cruise when Celebrity canceled (like us) receive a refund of the cruise plus 50% FCC.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 6:38 PM, Miaminice said:

FCC is good for two years. It can be applied to any cruise with the exception of Edge and Galapagos unless specifically issued for those cruises.

When we received certificates we received two certificates, one for each passenger. So we could have applied them to two cruises had they been lower priced.

When we were issued our FCC certificates we were told by the guest relations director on Constellation that they are good for 12 months. I added that I didn't expect to be sailing on an X ship in the next year so she agreed to extend them to two years. 

So if anyone reading this is ever offered one in the future, bear this in mind.

17 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Usually full cruise price without port taxes, port fees, taxes and possibly incl. perks like beverage package, grats, OBC...

but port tax /fee etc you will gat anyhow, right? - we got it on last cruises on ports we where not able to call because of weather....

to give you an example

Total cruise cost 5600$ - 2 pax

50% = 2800$

got      2700$

why?

Cruise must be taken by 02/28/2021  - means booked by or sailed by?

Edited by MarkusToe

3 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

but port tax /fee etc you will gat anyhow, right? - we got it on last cruises on ports we where not able to call because of weather....

to give you an example

Total cruise cost 5600$ - 2 pax

50% = 2800$

got      2700$

why?

Cruise must be taken by 02/28/2021  - means booked by or sailed by?

There is no way we can answer this questions, with authority, with the exception of indicating that it is on a sailing by sailing basis...

As has been noted elsewhere different sailings received different offers/refunds, generally.

Weather vs medical is very different and may in fact qualify for the taxes/fees noted to be refunded automatically.

You will need to reach out to X if this is not the case for your sailing to be sure.

bon voyage

FCC should be based on the line item on your Guest Invoice which says "Cruise Fare" minus any discounts.

Taxes and fees should be refunded to original form of payment.

Using this example:

image.thumb.png.5363a1d9884908586902eed31b13bf48.png

Each guest should receive FCC based on $939.

I had an issue on a sailing cancelled due to dry dock where they told me it was calculated on the Base Fare which also subtracts out the non commissionable cruise fare which is sometimes referred to as Port Charges (opposed to Port Fees/Taxes).   In the example above would have been $664.  My reservation was with a TA.

Most everyone on my sailing received FCC based on my example ($939) above so I challenged it.  I argued that they were basing it on some amount that wasn't shown on my invoice, how could that be.   After a couple of holds the adjusted the FCC to what I was expecting.

Edited by wrk2cruise

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

The difference in our case (Millennium 2/29) was if you canceled or if they canceled.

The passengers who canceled after being offered to do so received a refund (some received a cash refund, some received FCC, also depending on which country you booked in).

The passengers who were still booked on the cruise when Celebrity canceled (like us) receive a refund of the cruise plus 50% FCC.

Therein lies the rub!  We were in Singapore and planning on boarding.  We never canceled. 

We were told we wouldn't be allowed to board because we had a 2 hour layover in HK on the way there.  This was a complete surprise as nothing about this had been said even prior to us rearranging our flights while in Singapore to accommodate the (first) new itinerary.   (The letter stating this went to our TA and he didn't forward it to us until after we rebooked our flights for the new itinerary.  However in his defense, the stateside concierge called us about the itinerary change and our TA assumed she had also informed us of the HK issue, which she didn't).  

Another passenger who was in Singapore and chose not to go got full refund and 50% FCC.  She wrote and email and called her contact very soon after she didn't sail (they originally told her only 100% FCC because she canceled.  After she pointed out the inequity, they changed her compensation to the full refund and 50% FCC).

We just seem to be in this very small subset of people who are being told inaccurate information  - that no one but those that sailed on 2-1 got anything but a full refund - and that aren't getting any FCC.  They have never told us the lack of FCC  is because of the HK issue, just that it would be "unfair for us to receive any FCC in addition to refund because only those sailed on 2-1 got both."  Which is clearly not true.

1 minute ago, cindivan said:

Therein lies the rub!  We were in Singapore and planning on boarding.  We never canceled. 

As I mentioned, that was the policy in our case - Millennium 2/29!

Can´t comment on your sailing...

• Thanks 1

The following was posted on the Princess board.  Princess is refunding cancellation fees for those that cancelled Asia cruises after on or after January 20, for cruises that Princess later cancelled.  Princess is also providing a 25% future cruise credit.

Dear Princess Guest:

As you may be aware, we have recently made several voyage cancellations due to the lack of predictability regarding port availability in our Asia itineraries.

Our records show that you cancelled your Sapphire Princess cruise departing April 16, 2020 (Voyage H013) on or after January 20, 2020. As this was a voyage we made the decision to cancel, you will be reimbursed for the cancellation fees incurred and, if purchased, the cost of Princess Vacation Protection.

To avoid confusion, please be aware that your refund for any amount not subject to the cancellation fee schedule such as pre- and post-cruise hotel packages, prepaid shore excursions and other prepaid items purchased through Princess Cruises, and taxes, fees, and port expenses will be processed and returned to the original method of payment used to pay for your cruise.

The reimbursement for any cancellation fees incurred will be provided in the form of a check and will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process. Please note that refunds are paid per guest rather than per booking and the check will be delivered in a standard envelope addressed from Bottomline Technologies.

As a gesture of goodwill, you will also receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid on this voyage. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise that sails by February 28, 2021 or any existing booking not yet paid in full and is non-refundable and non-transferable.

That credit will be applied to each guest’s Captain’s Circle account by March 31, 2020. To use your credit, please contact your travel advisor or call us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America), 0344 338 8663 (UK), 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800 780 717 (New Zealand).  

It is our sincere hope that the refund and Future Cruise Credit will help you to create new cruise memories with us in the near future.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises 

Edited by cruiserchuck