Ocean Cay is just SO.........

shipgeeks

beautiful.  Wonderful.  That's what my heart and mind said as we walked around last week.

However, trying to say so out loud, I got as far as "It's so", and then voice choked up and eyes misted.

DH just nodded.

Best private island.  We just hope they don't add ziplines, coasters, etc.

We can't wait to get back again, twice, in the spring.  Next booking coming up shortly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We too thoroughly enjoyed it last month. Thought they did a great job with plentiful washrooms and showers. The sidewalks were really nice to walk along. Various beaches lovely. Lighthouse Bar beautiful. You can either simply walkabout and enjoy relaxing at the Lighthouse Bar that has really nice seating areas or go the beach and sand route and enjoy that also. Still some construction, apparently they are building another “buffet” area. Both husband and myself very impressed. 

MSC has a huge advantage in having built from the ground up with all the modern amenities. I love having the music along all of the walking paths; for me they really set the mood. Bar tenders have wireless tech for ringing up drink orders; some cruise lines still use paper tickets on their private islands. The buffet has proper hand washing stations. The umbrellas are a good value. I was really impressed with OC, especially the evening parade and light show. Oh, and the Lighthouse Bay beach with firepits and actual fires in the evening. The show and setting reminded me of Disney.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

"beautiful.  Wonderful.  That's what my heart and mind said as we walked around last week.

Best private island.  We just hope they don't add ziplines, coasters, etc."

this is great to hear, we sail in 3weeks and I am looking forward to our quiet hopefully sun filled day there