Haven on NCL Jewel

ncl757

Hello Everyone,

Looking at booking on Jewel next year in the haven.  Have done Haven on Epic and Escape in the past, but looking at Jewel it is obviously a lot smaller.  From reading on here, it seems like they offer breakfast/lunch in one of the restaurants daily, but I assume dinner is in the main dining room? Does the haven itself have its own bar? Outside sun deck bar? I know it doesn’t have a lounge, but would be nice to drink and relax in the haven without having to wander out.  Any other overall haven experiences/info on the Jewel is appreciated.

thanks in advance!

I have done both Pearl and Jade. Not Jewel but I believe they are all the same.

Breakfast and lunch were served in Cagneys. Dinner in the MDR or specialty. Concierge will make reservations for you.

Courtyard has tables and a server where the is a light menu available during the day. The server also takes drink orders so you don't have to leave. I always found the closest bar and it was never an issue to slip out a grab some drinks. Actually-that is where the haven server goes for your drinks.😏 I've also done the bigger ships and both are different but very good.

The Haven on the smaller ships are so peaceful and quiet and the server is always checking on you to see if you need anything.

I think you'll enjoy the Jewel if you are looking for quiet and relaxation!!

15 minutes ago, Debde said:

I have done both Pearl and Jade. Not Jewel but I believe they are all the same.

Breakfast and lunch were served in Cagneys. Dinner in the MDR or specialty. Concierge will make reservations for you.

Courtyard has tables and a server where the is a light menu available during the day. The server also takes drink orders so you don't have to leave. I always found the closest bar and it was never an issue to slip out a grab some drinks. Actually-that is where the haven server goes for your drinks.😏 I've also done the bigger ships and both are different but very good.

The Haven on the smaller ships are so peaceful and quiet and the server is always checking on you to see if you need anything.

I think you'll enjoy the Jewel if you are looking for quiet and relaxation!!

Awesome, Thanks! Is there an outdoor haven sun deck too? I’ll admit on Escape it took us a while to realize it was there, but was a great place to hang out if it was a nice day and you wanted to be outdoors rather than in the courtyard.

1 hour ago, ncl757 said:

Awesome, Thanks! Is there an outdoor haven sun deck too? I’ll admit on Escape it took us a while to realize it was there, but was a great place to hang out if it was a nice day and you wanted to be outdoors rather than in the courtyard.

Is there an outdoor haven sun deck too ?

Yes at the aft end of the Haven near the Steam Room and hot tub there is a stairway going up one deck 15

to the Port side Sun Deck - the starboard side was gated off for some reason - I believe it is used by non-Haven guests.

The port side has a large area with cabanas and lounging facilities. This is a nice secluded area to view the

Alaska glaciers although it is from the mid-ship point of view not the bow or stern.

Go to this LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Jewel

and browse around for photos and YouTube videos

1 hour ago, ncl757 said:

Yes there is. Not as big and grande as Escape but definitely enough nice loungers and umbrellas to be out there for some sun and fresh air. Maybe some small cabana type things too but only Jade had that. I don't remember them being on Pearl but it seems from the above post Jewel has them. Very nice up there too!