Diamond Princess passenger "tested positive for Wuhan coronavirus"

gvre

the guy on facebook indicated technically they are no long "on a cruise" and the shipboard credits etc. for drinks are not able to be used.  Of course they are getting full credit for this cruise but right now they probably want a drink.  This just begun and I have to think they will be making some modifications as they go.

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

you beat me to it ! 🤑

wonder when/if they will open the bars up for 'room service' ?  what would be the harm in delivering some drinks / wine / buckets of beer ?

Is it because they're technically 'in port'? (I don't actually know specifically where the ship is.) Meaning, does Japan forbid them from selling alcohol the same way they are forbidding smoking?

4 minutes ago, perditax said:

Is it because they're technically 'in port'? (I don't actually know specifically where the ship is.) Meaning, does Japan forbid them from selling alcohol the same way they are forbidding smoking?

Solid … maybe stewart can smuggle some from the crew bar for 'tips'?

5 hours ago, Credit 00 said:

Just no, we’re stuck on a balcony and this is completely unfunny 

To quote from a poem by Ella Wheeler Wilcox called (rather aptly when one is in quaratine) "Solitude"

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;

it ends

But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain.

2 hours ago, zenworks911 said:

Yikes, I bet the medication thing could get out of control.  I never thought about bringing an extra month supply in case of quarantine. 

Also, why can't they bring you booze or pringles?  Seems like a no brainer easy thing to do.

I usually take 2 weeks extra just in case. Now after seeing what's going on I am glad I do.

I would imagine that somehow they could get refills brought to the ship if it is mandatory medication. I am just guessing on this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenworks911 said:

Yikes, I bet the medication thing could get out of control.  I never thought about bringing an extra month supply in case of quarantine. 

Also, why can't they bring you booze or pringles?  Seems like a no brainer easy thing to do.

Under the circumstances, one would hope that the infirmary could provide meds to those who need them.  My wife and I would be ok as we usually bring our pill bottles with us, but not everyone does that.

Regarding prescription refills J Chang on ship said they got request forms to order their meds Princess will get them filled when they go back to Yokohama. And no charge to passengers.  

no smoking

got 2 cold drinks one hot drink plus water in first 2 days

don’t order food at this point. Crew brings them food

• Thanks 1

I know it's the least of the passengers worries right now, but I can't help but thinking how the call to work about coming back from vacation two weeks late is going to go. Hopefully, they will be understanding but I could see somebody being put into a tight pinch if they have a bad boss.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Under the circumstances, one would hope that the infirmary could provide meds to those who need them.  My wife and I would be ok as we usually bring our pill bottles with us, but not everyone does that.

these people are not in the middle of outer siberia...the ship is taking the requests and can get the meds brought to the ship. That is the least of their problems.

9 minutes ago, wrp96 said:

I know it's the least of the passengers worries right now, but I can't help but thinking how the call to work about coming back from vacation two weeks late is going to go. Hopefully, they will be understanding but I could see somebody being put into a tight pinch if they have a bad boss.

I can't imagine any "boss" not being understanding and my bet is the bulk of these passengers are retired or do not have to report to anyone.

We are booked on Diamond B2B April 2nd thru the 20th .

We have decided to cancel both cruises. It is just not worth the risk for us.

Princess charged us 20% of the cruise fare and our flight cancellation was $400

4 minutes ago, gvre said:

Hope your insurance covers it. If Princess ends up cancelling cruise in future. Try to get your money back 

Edited by dog

1 minute ago, gvre said:

You’ll be amongst many, many cancellations I’m sure. Bargain holidays for risk takers though.

1 minute ago, dog said:

Credit card insurance?  If Princess ends up cancelling in future ask what they can do for you. OBC maybe ?

We check with credit card not covered

1 hour ago, pinkpanther52 said:

I wonder what the phsycological effects on people trapped in inside or ocean view cabins with no access to sunlight or fresh air never mind the trauma of being kept a prisoner in solitary confinement will be. With no proper access to food and drink. 

And this came out in The Lancet today... 😥

Effects of solitary confinement on lifespan... 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(19)30271-3/fulltext?dgcid=raven_jbs_etoc_email

53 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Possibly ban you from sailing with them again?

54 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

1 hour ago, Kimba2 said:

I think that I would smoke anyway.  Seriously, what could they do - kick me off the ship?  

Still quarantine you - then transfer you from the ship to jail under charges... 👮‍♂️

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TrixieBel said:

Still quarantine you - then transfer you from the ship to jail under charges... 👮‍♂️

Ha - charges of smoking while quarantined - I love it.  Reminds me of the Basic Instinct scene where Sharon Stone is being questioned as a suspect for murder and lights up - she was told "no smoking" and replied "What are you gonna do — arrest me for smoking?"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kimba2 said:

Ha - charges of smoking while quarantined - I love it.  Reminds me of the Basic Instinct scene where Sharon Stone is being questioned as a suspect for murder and lights up - she was told "no smoking" and replied "What are you gonna do — arrest me for smoking?"

exactly - seems like I remember that scene … not really sure why … 😎

• Haha 2