SYMPHONY - STILL IN MIAMI

ulcruz2

The shipment of rice for the crew and toilet paper didn't arrive.

There's no schedule for her from 2/1 until 2/4 when she does a 4 day cruise to Coco Cay.  I surmise it is a charter.  Try asking on the Royal Caribbean board here.   EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I believe the ship was chartered by the NFL for the superbowl.  I know one of the NCL ships what used for hotel space for the news crews and sports casters.  I was watching the pre game on fox sports and they were doing live stuff from NCL Escape

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the ship was chartered by the NFL for the superbowl.  I know one of the NCL ships what used for hotel space for the news crews and sports casters.  I was watching the pre game on fox sports and they were doing live stuff from NCL Escape

Very likely the case.  I know when the SB was in Jacksonville in 2005 there were a couple of cruise ships docked there that were chartered as hotels.  

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Interesting. And with the game in Tampa next year, might be seeing the same thing. 

46 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

"Big" is a very generic term. The fact that ships holding several thousand people can still get in/out of Tampa, I would said we're likely to see them. 

True, but neither of the two ships mentioned as being in Miami, Symphony and NCL Escape, will be in Tampa.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

True, but neither of the two ships mentioned as being in Miami, Symphony and NCL Escape, will be in Tampa.

I don't think it was intended to mean that those specific ships would be there.  But certainly those based there through 2021 - or those of a size to dock there - will be likely candidates.  😊

45 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

The NFL will charter a ship that will fit into the ports of wherever the super bowl is.  Not a big deal.

I can't wait to see how they're going to pull that off for SB LVII in Glendale, AZ. 😋😁

• Haha 1

The NFL will have more options in Tampa also than in the past. Holland America and Celebrity are coming back to Tampa with ships next winter after a year absence for HAL and over a decade for Celebrity.  MSC will start their first ever sailings from Tampa also.

Edited by coaster

On 2/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Very likely the case.  I know when the SB was in Jacksonville in 2005 there were a couple of cruise ships docked there that were chartered as hotels.  

In order to get a Super Bowl, the host city must have a certain number of hotel rooms available.  If I recall correctly, Jacksonville chartered the cruise ships so that it could meet the requisite number of room.  A very creative solution on Jacksonville's part.