Just back from Sky Eastern.

mrpayroll

The Piazza on The Sky Princess is very beautiful and quite large.  A good place to listen to music, have a drink or something from the International Cafe or just sit and people watch.  😁.    The World Marketplace (Buffet) is huge and it is pretty easy to find a seat even when it is crowded.  Food offerings were plentiful and tasty for the most part.  We were in a mini-suite and it was lovely and spacious.  Lots to like about the Sky. 

622725E9-FCDA-4E31-B47C-1B2919511CEA.jpeg

4E088F3C-5617-4AC4-96DA-5BCE25F325C8.jpeg

F74A999D-32D4-46E0-972A-8C67510312CB.jpeg

06E4738A-FBAD-4C9F-8B0E-A8987E028653.jpeg

• Like 3

We had Anytime Dining.  We usually went down around 7:15 and were given a pager.  We waited about 20 minutes or so.  The first night of the cruise we waited longer, but it was no big deal.  There was lots of complaining though.  I think people misunderstand the meaning of “Anytime”.  My understanding is that you can do down to the Dining Room when you are ready.  It doesn’t mean you will be seated immediately.  When you think about it, that would be impossible.  If you have Club Class Dining, you will be seated immediately.  

Food in the Dining Room was fine.  Some things were quite delicious and other things looked good, but were kind of meh.  We aren’t really too fussy, so we were okay with it.  

You can make a reservation if you call in the morning, but we never did that.  

Edited by antmaril

Did you happen to notice if they had any themed evenings in the World Marketplace? I'm also wondering if they had the chocolate or seafood extravaganza on the last sea day? An earlier poster mentioned that unlike her last cruise on the Regal, these were not offered at all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Did you happen to notice if they had any themed evenings in the World Marketplace? I'm also wondering if they had the chocolate or seafood extravaganza on the last sea day? An earlier poster mentioned that unlike her last cruise on the Regal, these were not offered at all.

Yes they did have the themed dinner in marketplace. According to the patter they had Brazilian, Italian, Bavarian and Mongolian. We ate in Mdr every evening. Didn't see any mention  of the chocolate or seafood extravaganza in the patter. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

Yes they did have the themed dinner in marketplace. According to the patter they had Brazilian, Italian, Bavarian and Mongolian. We ate in Mdr every evening. Didn't see any mention  of the chocolate or seafood extravaganza in the patter. 

So the daily patters list these themed dinners for the marketplace?

12 hours ago, c-boy said:

so far it's been food.  Let's talk entertainment, did ya go to any shows, lounge acts ..... I like a good performance,  were there numerous venues  ?   

We saw all the shows in the main theatre. 2 comedy shows, 2 magic shows, Rock Opera, 5 Skies, and a lady vocalist. We enjoyed every one. The groups we listened to were all good in the different lounges. When the had dancing in the piazza, it was very crowded .

17 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

No sea food extravaganza. Chocolate, yes in the desert areas one evening. The buffet as mentioned is very large and excellent choices every day. Several buffet's. I was supersized on the size of them. The seating is very big. Never a problem finding a table, ever. The eating utensils are wrapped in the napkin as usual but it also includes a soup spoon and they are already on the table. In the evening it is like a restaurant. Place mats and stemmed glasses for water on the tables. Really nice. Getting a drink. Weather it be alcohol or ice tea. Just ask anyone. No special servers. Really nice and fast. As soon as you sit down someone is asking if they can get anything for you. No one ever bothering us about buying anything. Deserts were awesome. Only one problem, the food was never real hot. So the ship and everything about it was super nice. Princess did a great job on this one. I did a log review on it. Covering what they did in building that will prevent so much upkeep and the ship will look great for years to come without as much maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mrpayroll and @twodaywonder ~ Thank you both so much for your answers. We always go to the buffet for breakfast and lunch but haven't yet for dinner. The problem we have found with the MDR is that it takes so long and then we often miss some of the evening events because we are not early diners. DH loves the buffet and would be really happy if we ate there every night. I enjoy the MDR and fear I will miss it but we may try it just this once. We are fast eaters so I'm thinking we could go to the early production show, grab something to eat and then hit the game shows etc that are in the other venues. 

@twodaywonder - I'll try to find your review - the only thing I know so far is that the ship now has aluminum railings, I'd be interested to see what else she has.

31 days until we get to board this beautiful ship...but who's counting? 

2 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@mrpayroll and @twodaywonder ~ Thank you both so much for your answers. We always go to the buffet for breakfast and lunch but haven't yet for dinner. The problem we have found with the MDR is that it takes so long and then we often miss some of the evening events because we are not early diners. DH loves the buffet and would be really happy if we ate there every night. I enjoy the MDR and fear I will miss it but we may try it just this once. We are fast eaters so I'm thinking we could go to the early production show, grab something to eat and then hit the game shows etc that are in the other venues. 

@twodaywonder - I'll try to find your review - the only thing I know so far is that the ship now has aluminum railings, I'd be interested to see what else she has.

31 days until we get to board this beautiful ship...but who's counting? 

Outside railings covered in PVC. Anodized aluminum all around the windows. No steel. No calking. Gaskets. Most all wood on the ship is fake but looks great.. No maintenance. Brass railings have stainless steel couplings. All exterior supports are stainless steel. Plus more. It is about time they spent a bit extra in the beginning to save a lot over the years. Loved the shop[ and the decor. beds were so comfortable. TV options were great. Food was excellent the service and pizza at Alfredo's also. if anyone is considering a cruise on the SKY just do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Outside railings covered in PVC. Anodized aluminum all around the windows. No steel. No calking. Gaskets. Most all wood on the ship is fake but looks great.. No maintenance. Brass railings have stainless steel couplings. All exterior supports are stainless steel. Plus more. It is about time they spent a bit extra in the beginning to save a lot over the years. Loved the shop[ and the decor. beds were so comfortable. TV options were great. Food was excellent the service and pizza at Alfredo's also. if anyone is considering a cruise on the SKY just do it.

Totally agree...

• Like 1