Royal Palms help

teacher2012

I've been trolling the internet for days and just getting vague answers. Please help. This is my and my spouses first cruise. I REALLY want to rent two beach chairs and an umbrella for us at the Royal Palms beach club. However, I checked the port schedule and noticed that RC and Carnival both have a ship that arrives in port at 7:00 am, then our Carnival ship arrives at 9:00 am. Realistically, should we even attempt to get a pair of beach chairs by each other or is it really a lost cause? I know I can rent a cabana, but it's not in our budget. Should we even try at that point? Or would you recommend going somewhere else? If so, where else had nice beaches with chairs/umbrellas for rent that you think would still have access?

• 3 weeks later...

We are in a similar situation as the OP. Next month we arrive on X's Infinity, as the last of 3 ships in port. The other two are a Carnival and MSC ship, and the Harbourmaster's website shows a total of right around 8,000 pax, for the day. Since it's just the two of us, we don't want to rent a Cabana (we have a short day in port). We're just hoping to snag a couple of chairs and an umbrella -- don't mind paying the rentals -- or the Royal Palms entrance fee. At this point, our plan is just to be on the earliest possible tender off the ship, and grab a cab for the beach. Any other tips, from those of you who've been to Royal Palms, recently? BTW -- how is the pricing/quality of their food and beverage service? THANKS, GUYS! 😎

I enjoy the food and beverages at Royal Palms.  I'm not a cruiser - I stay on the island.

Here is their lunch menu with prices: https://royalpalmscayman.com/menu/lunch/

...and their cocktail menu: https://royalpalmscayman.com/menu/cocktails/

Prices are in Cayman Island Dollars, so multiply by 1.2 to get approximate U.S. equivalent, for example.  They will usually add a 15% gratuity to the bill, so be aware of that before adding on a tip.

• Thanks 1