Diamond Princess under quarantine in Yokohama due to coronavirus concerns

34 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Exactly ...

and there in  lies the big problem .

The public are saying No thanks , I am not running the risk of being trapped on a ship . 
It’s been a huge wake up call as our generations have virtually forgotten what it meant to be quarantined ....under force. 

They should also be informed if they turn down this Government assistance then don't come bleating back later on when they find themselves trapped. Decisions have consequences and it goes both ways. 

• Like 1

David Abel has posted to his facey page; he and his wife do NOT have the virus. He ASSUMED that they did when the quarantine official came to the cabin door and told them to get packed and ready to be moved to a hostel. David Abel reports that he then said to the quarantine official, 'positive then?' and the man nodded. That's an enormous assumption he made right there and went off, half-cocked, on social media about conspiracies to silence him. I've been following their story with interest and sympathy but, really, that's a huge assumption he made. The poor quarantine official must have thought he meant, 'positive that we're moving' if he could follow such a brief communication at all as someone who apparently doesn't speak any English.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

David Abel has posted to his facey page; he and his wife do NOT have the virus. He ASSUMED that they did when the quarantine official came to the cabin door and told them to get packed and ready to be moved to a hostel. David Abel reports that he then said to the quarantine official, 'positive then?' and the man nodded. That's an enormous assumption he made right there and went off, half-cocked, on social media about conspiracies to silence him. I've been following their story with interest and sympathy but, really, that's a huge assumption he made. The poor quarantine official must have thought he meant, 'positive that we're moving' if he could follow such a brief communication at all as someone who apparently doesn't speak any English.

Totally agree with your comment LittleFish1976.   I have been looking at his videos daily.   I picked up yesterday on FaceAche he and Sally were positive to virus and were waiting to go off ship.  Now on face ache there is confusion as to whether he is off in a hostel or still on board.  Certainly made a bit of a fool of himself to the public and media.  $64000 question is he off or on?   Conspiracy theory he raises 'being kept quiet by either Princess, UK Govt, Japanese Govt or all three, I don't accept that, all in the mind.

Thanks for posting that video David, excellent production.  You have to believe the facts from the Japanese Dr who got 'kicked off the ship.'

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

He should be apologizing. He went off on a huge conspiracy theory that people were trying to silence him. Totally not so.   Yesterday, he was back complaining about the food saying he only eating cornflakes and milk. Didn't he say that he be happy to eat cornflakes and milk that that is all he had. Surely, of all of the food brought to him there could have been stuff he can eat. He's been very harsh on the UK Government. I bet they have been trying to find a solution for them. 

Now that he has moved is stuff to you tube I wonder if its being monetised. As he getting like 75K views a vlog. I guess now he built up a profile he could branch out and do $$$ interviews, write a book etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

He should be apologizing. He went off on a huge conspiracy theory that people were trying to silence him. Totally not so.   Yesterday, he was back complaining about the food saying he only eating cornflakes and milk. Didn't he say that he be happy to eat cornflakes and milk that that is all he had. Surely, of all of the food brought to him there could have been stuff he can eat. He's been very harsh on the UK Government. I bet they have been trying to find a solution for them. 

Now that he has moved is stuff to you tube I wonder if its being monetised. As he getting like 75K views a vlog. I guess now he built up a profile he could branch out and do $$$ interviews, write a book etc. 

He should apologise if he is still on board.  I would think he has already signed up deals with YouTube and UK Media outlets.  He is not short of a quid anyway, 1st class flights on BA LHR to Asia, what's that $12000 pp.   I was one of his believers, now, not so.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

He should apologise if he is still on board.  I would think he has already signed up deals with YouTube and UK Media outlets.  He is not short of a quid anyway, 1st class flights on BA LHR to Asia, what's that $12000 pp.

He's still onboard.  This was his post from 3 hours ago.

"From the REAL David Abel 🙂

Sally & I packed and waited 8 hours in the cabin to be transported to a hostel. We are still on the ship!

They do NOT send folk with the virus to a hostel!

Massive communication error yesterday. The Japanese quarantine officials to not speak any English. They came to our door & told us to be ready to be taken to the hostel. My mindset was ‘virus’ and said ‘positive then’. He nodded.

I don’t think he was saying yes to the virus but positive we were moving out??

He followed up by saying it will probably be just 4 or 5 days. You would not say that to a virus victim.

The consulate in Tokyo are being very good with me. I am being listened to and Sally & I feel really well.

I will get more info out when I know what’s happening. Thank you for your love and concern.

Sally & David xx"

I can't find the word "sorry" in there. Maybe my reading skills not great . . .:D

He's only doing UK media interviews now.  . . Could have done a deal for his story aka 60 minutes or whatever the equivalent is over there. 

Edited by icat2000

He has stated several times that he is not getting any money from his YouTube videos. 

The reason he moved from FB to YouTube was that people were stealing his videos and posting them on YouTube under fake accounts.

I'm not surprised he got a bit paranoid. The quarantine and lack of info on test results would really play games with people's minds. He probably will apologise - he has done so in earlier vlogs when he thinks an earlier rant was out of line.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

He has stated several times that he is not getting any money from his YouTube videos. 

The reason he moved from FB to YouTube was that people were stealing his videos and posting them on YouTube under fake accounts.

I'm not surprised he got a bit paranoid. The quarantine and lack of info on test results would really play games with people's minds. He probably will apologise - he has done so in earlier vlogs when he thinks an earlier rant was out of line.

Fair enough. I haven't listen to all his videos. Just the last one and only couple a week ago. 

Edited by icat2000

11 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Someone on another thread said it was a modified cargo plane. Looking at the picture perhaps they are right. 

Cargo planes don't normally have windows, as not required. They're also not painted on the inside as the cargo doesn't care (and as a result are a bit more beaten about). 

I wonder when David Abel actually took a breath and thought, hang on, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Anyway, he does already have a business as a marriage celebrant and motivational speaker (useful combo!) so any publicity is good publicity, as they say. Not suggesting this last twist in the saga is deliberate btw.

Yes, apparently still on the ship. I hope the told their poor worried kids as soon as they realised.

His latest Facey post.

The REAL David Abel at 11:45am on 19th.

Please do not read between lines making 2+2=5. I have tried to explain what is happening yet the more I say, the confusion increases for some people.

No live feeds are continuing here or YouTube.
No TV or news interviews are being given.
All friend requests are being ignored until back in UK.

What’s App messages are remaining unanswered.

In an attempt to discover the truth we have located a Doctor who speaks English.

We are confirmed having the virus.
We are going to a hostel for 4-5 days until we can be transferred to a hospital for treatment.

Can you understand how the message yesterday was easily misunderstood?

We both feel fine but have indeed tested positive for the virus.

Hopefully this now makes for a clearer understanding.

Unfortunately comments will not be answered. Our focus is now very much on our family. Thank you for your continued love & support. Sally & David

So the latest report from David Abel is that he and Sally both have the virus. I would think that the uncertainty that they have endured for a few days would be very stressful.

As an aside, I was puzzled when Mr Abel said he was living on cornflakes and lactose-free milk, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn't think that high concentration of carbs and sugar with no fruit/veges and limited protein (from the milk) would be a good diet for a diabetic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So the latest report from David Abel is that he and Sally both have the virus. I would think that the uncertainty that they have endured for a few days would be very stressful.

As an aside, I was puzzled when Mr Abel said he was living on cornflakes and lactose-free milk, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn't think that high concentration of carbs and sugar with no fruit/veges and limited protein (from the milk) would be a good diet for a diabetic.

In one video they were complaining about lack of protein, having just complained they couldn't eat the previous night's dinner as it was two large pieces of salmon! It sounded as though there was a small but normal variety of meals offered but who knows how it ends up looking (stir fry; pasta etc) . Food in Japan is very good and I would be surprised if the meals were not designed to be palatable to the european palate given they were on a British/American ship.

Have you ever seen those shows on TV where they try to get people who aren't used to eating veg, to eat broccoli and so on and they are literally gagging. I'm afraid it reminded me of that.

So they do now have the virus? Gosh, what a mess.

Edited by LittleFish1976
addition of comment

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Have you ever seen those shows on TV where they try to get people who aren't used to eating veg, to eat broccoli and so on and they are literally gagging. I'm afraid it reminded me of that.

Only vegetable that makes me gag is Brussel sprouts and that stems back from having too many as a kid. Stuff of nightmares. 

Japanese food is very healthy, but as you said a lot of people don't eat a lot of vegetables besides potatoes.

• Like 1

If they tested positive how come they say they are still on the ship. Pax testing positive are marched or carried straight off. I fear a troll. Is it the real David Abel posting?

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

He said he wanted gluten free food too, but he has not admitted to being a Coeliac.   Cornflakes have sugar in them.  All turning into a farce this show.

Edited by NSWP

I saw a couple of photos of the menus. They seemed like fairly standard Princess fare but the only choice was one of three mains for lunch and for dinner. They may have been more Japanese options - one menu did have different stirfries for lunch.

David's diet and food preferences did seem a bit weird to me but I'm lucky in that I can eat almost anything. Food intolerances can play havoc with your digestion though and I guess David knows what he can handle and what he can't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I saw a couple of photos of the menus. They seemed like fairly standard Princess fare but the only choice was one of three mains for lunch and for dinner. They may have been more Japanese options - one menu did have different stirfries for lunch.

David's diet and food preferences did seem a bit weird to me but I'm lucky in that I can eat almost anything. Food intolerances can play havoc with your digestion though and I guess David knows what he can handle and what he can't.

Or his intolerances are all part of the charade, who knows?  Get these into you David..1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

If they tested positive how come they say they are still on the ship. Pax testing positive are marched or carried straight off. I fear a troll. Is it the real David Abel posting?

I think the authorities are overwhelmed by the cases. He says they are waiting to be taken to a hostel for a few days from where they will go to a hospital for any treatment needed but given they are asymptomatic, I guess the hospital isn't deemed essential? It does seem odd though given their ages and his diabetes staus. I did read yesterday that one Tokyo/Yokohama hospital has been closed to CV cases as a nurse was found to have become infected so that would be putting more strain on resources.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, it's the real one. Posted on his FB page. They are starting to disembark passengers whk have tested negative according to some posts on the Princess forum. Not sure why theg are sending David and Sally to a hostel, possibly because they don't seem to have any symptoms apart from the cough that David thought was caused by the air con.