MANILA CRUISE PORT

toots22

Does anyone know which harbour the sun princess (12th July) will dock. I think there is a choice of 2 - Pier 4 or Pier 15 - a bit confusing.  Want to  visit Fort Santiago  and Manila Cathedral. Thanks

5 hours ago, toots22 said:

Does anyone know which harbour the sun princess (12th July) will dock. I think there is a choice of 2 - Pier 4 or Pier 15 - a bit confusing.  Want to  visit Fort Santiago  and Manila Cathedral. Thanks

You should come into Pier 15 or the Pier next to it, Pier 4 is for the local ferry services. I do not believe they are setup for customs at pier 4. In any case they are less than 1.5 miles apart 2.7 Km.   From Pier 15 Fort Santigago is a 1.2 km or a 10 minute taxi or 15 to 20 minute walk.  From the Fort to Manila Cathedral is only about 500 meters. 

A tour is not needed you can do this on your own, English is the common langue in Manila so no issues with that,  it is a fairly safe area as long as you do not wear lots of jewelry and flash cash. Prices are in pesos but many exchanges both at the port and along the way, also ATM machines, to take pesos. 

My wife and I live about 2 hours north of Manila I know the area well she knows it very well if you have other questions.

Thanks for info now we can work out how to get to Fort Santiago if we walk hopefully won't be to hot.  Will there be taxis at the port or horse drawn carriages if so do you  have a rough guide on price? Is Rizal Park worth visiting and also the Manila Hotel opposite the pier? Any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

We will be in Manila next February arriving at 7 AM and staying overnight leaving the next day at 6PM.  I have been looking for a tour guide to take my DW and I to Bataan on the first day.  Her father was captured there in WWII.  Would anyone know of a company that would do a day tour like that?  I would not mind combining that tour with a tour the next day to Corregidor.  Also, we would not mind staying somewhere overnight off of the ship if that would be easier.

You can email if you prefer to ssawjo at cox dot net.  Thank you.

Bill and Kathi

8 hours ago, ssawjo said:

We will be in Manila next February arriving at 7 AM and staying overnight leaving the next day at 6PM.  I have been looking for a tour guide to take my DW and I to Bataan on the first day.  Her father was captured there in WWII.  Would anyone know of a company that would do a day tour like that?  I would not mind combining that tour with a tour the next day to Corregidor.  Also, we would not mind staying somewhere overnight off of the ship if that would be easier.

You can email if you prefer to ssawjo at cox dot net.  Thank you.

Bill and Kathi

It will take you about 3 1/2 hours by car to get to Bataan from Manila. From Bataan you can take a small boat to the Island. You can also take a ferry from the Port of Manila to Corregidor Island which is about 2 1/2 hours transit time.  From Corregidor to the mainland Battaan is a short trip.  Because of transit times better to stay off the ship in  Bataan.  My wife is from Bataan, the Bataan Port is about 90 minutes away from our house. You may also want to consider spending the night in Subic Bay, several nice beach hotels. 

Here is a local company you can look at. https://traveltales.ph/destinations/corregidor

Edited by Expat Cruise

On 2/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, toots22 said:

Thanks for info now we can work out how to get to Fort Santiago if we walk hopefully won't be to hot.  Will there be taxis at the port or horse drawn carriages if so do you  have a rough guide on price? Is Rizal Park worth visiting and also the Manila Hotel opposite the pier? Any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

I think you will find some good information in my review of Manila...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/11/17/one-way-to-do-manila/

1634697398_FortSantiagoPlazadeArmas9RizalStatue.thumb.jpg.760c38b4b5fc7a139cda10ea6af24c3d.jpg