Beach Limerez review

Saphira7

We visited Beach Limerez, Monday, 1/27/20 and we are glad we did!  I had read so many conflicting things, that I wanted to make sure I left a review, whether it was good or bad.  Thankfully, it was very good!  We had a fantastic day, from the people that worked there, the place was super cute, food and drinks were great, and we were ok with the beach!  I wish I had gotten some more pics of the place, I thought I did, but maybe my hubby has them.  If I find more, I will post later.  We are beach people so we decided to bypass the lounge chairs and put our stuff down on the beach.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the chairs, they were not right on the water, but very very close and were in good condition.  There was a few other people there utilizing them.  We had great service, however, I will say we had to go get our own drinks they did not serve us on the beach.  Which we were totally ok with.  I'm not good with distances or measurements, I could not tell you how far we went, other then it was very close and did not take long at all to get drinks and did not put us out in the least bit.  Limerez, is not very big, everything is pretty close together, but in a good way.  We were a group of 6 and I think there was another group of about 6 and we felt like we had a private beach day, it was fantastic!  The water was pretty easy to get in and out of, there was a bit of a step to get out, but actually one of the easier beaches on our trip to get out of, I think the only day easier for us was our Barbados day. The beach is smaller right there in front of the place, but it wasn't more then a few steps to put our stuff down.  I will post some pics, the first one is us and it us pretty much right in front of Limerez looking in that direction, the second one is of us looking toward the rest of the beach heading in the other direction.  The last one in a pic looking out from the restaurant area, which was super cute I hope I can find a pic.  When you get there you set a time to come up for lunch and it was fantastic!  When it was time to go, we got drinks to go and they even threw in an extra one in.  I would most definitely return if I am back in Antigua again one day.  Did we go to some better beaches on our trip, yes, we were blown away by St Lucia, and Barbados.  But, Antigua, was still very beautiful and was one of our favorite days!  Because, having a place almost to yourself, with amazing food and drinks right there, how can you beat that!

limerez 2.jpg

limerez 1.jpg

limerez.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saphira7 said:

We visited Beach Limerez, Monday, 1/27/20 and we are glad we did!  I had read so many conflicting things, that I wanted to make sure I left a review, whether it was good or bad.  Thankfully, it was very good!  We had a fantastic day, from the people that worked there, the place was super cute, food and drinks were great, and we were ok with the beach!  I wish I had gotten some more pics of the place, I thought I did, but maybe my hubby has them.  If I find more, I will post later.  We are beach people so we decided to bypass the lounge chairs and put our stuff down on the beach.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the chairs, they were not right on the water, but very very close and were in good condition.  There was a few other people there utilizing them.  We had great service, however, I will say we had to go get our own drinks they did not serve us on the beach.  Which we were totally ok with.  I'm not good with distances or measurements, I could not tell you how far we went, other then it was very close and did not take long at all to get drinks and did not put us out in the least bit.  Limerez, is not very big, everything is pretty close together, but in a good way.  We were a group of 6 and I think there was another group of about 6 and we felt like we had a private beach day, it was fantastic!  The water was pretty easy to get in and out of, there was a bit of a step to get out, but actually one of the easier beaches on our trip to get out of, I think the only day easier for us was our Barbados day. The beach is smaller right there in front of the place, but it wasn't more then a few steps to put our stuff down.  I will post some pics, the first one is us and it us pretty much right in front of Limerez looking in that direction, the second one is of us looking toward the rest of the beach heading in the other direction.  The last one in a pic looking out from the restaurant area, which was super cute I hope I can find a pic.  When you get there you set a time to come up for lunch and it was fantastic!  When it was time to go, we got drinks to go and they even threw in an extra one in.  I would most definitely return if I am back in Antigua again one day.  Did we go to some better beaches on our trip, yes, we were blown away by St Lucia, and Barbados.  But, Antigua, was still very beautiful and was one of our favorite days!  Because, having a place almost to yourself, with amazing food and drinks right there, how can you beat that!

I am glad you enjoyed Beach Limerz as much as we have. It is a very cool place!

THANK YOU!!!  This is just the review I was looking for.  This seems like a good place for our group of seven (4 adults and 3 teens).

My cruise was just changed to include St. Lucia (rather than Martinique).  Could you tell me what beach you visited?  I just started researching today.

Kathi

5 minutes ago, kstetser said:

THANK YOU!!!  This is just the review I was looking for.  This seems like a good place for our group of seven (4 adults and 3 teens).

My cruise was just changed to include St. Lucia (rather than Martinique).  Could you tell me what beach you visited?  I just started researching today.

Kathi

We did Anse Chastanet and Jalousie beach. We took a speed boat tour with Spencer Ambrose tours, while they were a little disorganized and we got off to a late start, the tour was great. They dropped us off at one beach then picked us up by boat to take us to the other beach. The snorkeling there is amazing, and I don’t even like snorkeling. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saphira7 said:

We did Anse Chastanet and Jalousie beach. We took a speed boat tour with Spencer Ambrose tours, while they were a little disorganized and we got off to a late start, the tour was great. They dropped us off at one beach then picked us up by boat to take us to the other beach. The snorkeling there is amazing, and I don’t even like snorkeling. 

im cruising the gem on 2/24 and booked  the spencer Ambrose tour! We drive to anse chastened the first time visiting st Lucia and the snorkeling was incredible, the driving not so much... I’m hoping things go smoothly with the tour... not pleased to hear the late start and disorganized comment 😞 

12 hours ago, Ginapier said:

im cruising the gem on 2/24 and booked  the spencer Ambrose tour! We drive to anse chastened the first time visiting st Lucia and the snorkeling was incredible, the driving not so much... I’m hoping things go smoothly with the tour... not pleased to hear the late start and disorganized comment 😞 

You should be fine, I am hoping that what we experienced was not the norm.  We didn't let it affect our day, though it was disappointing that it happened.  My advice is to take some Dramamine or something similar before going.  After getting on the boat, we had to go pick up an employee that was late or something.  Then take him to another boat to pick something up, then dropped him off at another boat.  Then we had to pick up some late people, so the beginning was kind of rough.  We were just kinda bobbing in the water not going fast for all of that.  My mom who thought she would be fine, ended up begging me for some.  Once, we finally got going it was totally fine.  I'm just glad I had taken the medicine and had some for my mom or things may have been rougher then what they were.  When we got dropped at Anse Chastanet, they told us to stay there on the pier and the guy we picked up and dropped off would meet us here on another boat in 5 minutes and would give us the scoop on everything.  Well he didn't show up for about 45 minutes, and by that time after asking numerous people from the resort we pretty much had things figured out.  I had just gotten a drink and had gotten myself into the water when he got there, he never came over and checked on us.  For people that have been there before, this may be no big deal.  For our group though who were first timers, being told to stand somewhere and not knowing anything about the place we listened.  So that kinda got us off to a rough start, and took up some beach time.  I think better communication could have made things better.  But, oh well, it by no means ruined our day. The boat ride, beaches, and the plantain salad all made for a great day!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula B said:

Looks like a beautiful beach thanks for sharing. Could you please share what beach you went to in Barbados.

Thank you

I posted a review in Barbados, but we did Bathsheba and pirates cove beach, skinny Carson. I actually will go ahead and add some pictures now  It was a great day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:38 PM, CintiPam said:

Please post your 2020 experience after your upcoming visit. Thanks!

We just returned home, and I must say, our 2nd visit to Beach Limerz was just as great as our first visit two years ago.

Pam and I were the only ones there, and had the whole beach to ourselves. We just sat there and took it all in. The service was friendly and personable, but you have to understand that this is not a cruise ship where everyone is in a rush to serve you. You are on an island, and things run by island time. If you can't relax and enjoy your surroundings, stay on the ship.

• Like 1