Travel Insured International

simplynewt

Hi Steve,

I have a Travel Insured Policy that I purchased through you guys at TripInsuranceStore for my, now canceled, May 31st cruise and I have just a couple of questions for you... 

1) Typically, in order to be able to move your insurance policy to a different cruise you must be able to demonstrate that you have had zero financial loss and have been made whole in cash and NOT via credits (see... I do read your blog...😉) Sounds like they are waiving that requirement with this special Covid-19 voucher for the cruise. True?  Are airline credits rather than refund ok as well?

2) If I opt for a refund for my cruise and the cruiseline declares bankruptcy and I do not receive my refund can I then file a claim against my policy for that loss even though it would likely be past the end of coverage date (June 6) of my policy? 

If it’s easier to answer via phone I can give you guys a call but thinking you’re probably swamped right now. 

Thanks!

On 4/19/2020 at 5:28 PM, SeasideMemories said:

Hi Steve,

I have a Travel Insured Policy that I purchased through you guys at TripInsuranceStore for my, now canceled, May 31st cruise and I have just a couple of questions for you... 

1) Typically, in order to be able to move your insurance policy to a different cruise you must be able to demonstrate that you have had zero financial loss and have been made whole in cash and NOT via credits (see... I do read your blog...😉) Sounds like they are waiving that requirement with this special Covid-19 voucher for the cruise. True?  Are airline credits rather than refund ok as well?

2) If I opt for a refund for my cruise and the cruiseline declares bankruptcy and I do not receive my refund can I then file a claim against my policy for that loss even though it would likely be past the end of coverage date (June 6) of my policy? 

If it’s easier to answer via phone I can give you guys a call but thinking you’re probably swamped right now. 

Thanks!

Hi SeasideMemories,

> Typically, in order to be able to move your insurance policy to a different cruise you must be able to demonstrate that you have had zero financial loss and have been made whole in cash and NOT via credits (see... I do read your blog...😉 [Click and drag to move] ) Sounds like they are waiving that requirement with this special Covid-19 voucher for the cruise. True?  Are airline credits rather than refund ok as well?

This has changed and I cover it on other pages. Thanks for the reminder. I updated the blog posts with new info.

With the plans I know best, you can insure the value of the future travel credit but not any of the bonus credits.

> If I opt for a refund for my cruise and the cruiseline declares bankruptcy and I do not receive my refund can I then file a claim against my policy for that loss even though it would likely be past the end of coverage date (June 6) of my policy?

No. The financial default has to happen before you leave.

Also, if you take the company's offer of a voucher you are giving up your right to file a claim on the orginal trip. However, if you switch the dates to a new trip, all your coverages still exist on the new trip.

I hope this made sense,

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am the OP on this thread and appreciate all the comments and discussions. They were better then I had expected. At any rate I just learned that ALL Carnival Cruises have been canceled to a specific date and ship - the Glory - will not sail again until at least August. Our sailing is in October but Carnival is offering a 100% refund or exchange with a $600 OBC if sailing is rescheduled by 12/2020 to be used by 12/2022.

How would this affect the coverage I have with TI if I opt to reschedule the trip for a later, more secure date?

If I went through TI to reschedule trip, would the $600 OBC be applied to new trip as well? I would be interested in hearing what TI would gave to say about this.

Thanks again everyone for your comments and thank you TI for your prompt input.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1