specialty dining

iron2000

Hi , we love the specialty dining on celebrity , does anyone know if you can get the 4 package option once you get on-board, we want to go to Murano  twice and QSine once but realise there is a good saving if we book the 4 package option , but when we try to book it we have to have one on the sail away night which we dont really want to do.

Would we better seeing if there are any offers ( heard a few people say they do offer discounts during the cruise) we are on an 11 night trip in March 

Any suggestions 

We booked the package from home ahead of the cruise, you always have to select the first night as your first visit.

Go ahead and book the deal and When you get on board just visit the maitre d and change the date of the first one.

We were advised to do this and it was fine

It was so simple when we did it and its better to get the package.

There deals on board but usually later into the cruise.

I am not sure if you can do the 4 package on board

The first night reservation is the way the purchase has to be set up to process the transaction.  You don't have to keep this reservation.  When you board the ship go to Murano or one of the tables selling dining reservations and you can change that one and book the others.

1 hour ago, iron2000 said:

Thanks for that. I had heard if you cancel the first night you still get charged, but will do as you suggest.

That may be the case if you book a single reservation and then try and cancel when you board.    Every time we have had the dining package we go to the table making specialty dining reservations and make the reservations for our package.  No one has every mentioned the first night reservation.

Don't be shy about negotiating for a reduced price while onboard. On the Summit 2 years ago, as we were boarding following a beach day, we were asked if we would like to join them in Qsine that evening. I stopped to chat with the guy. He threw in "two glasses of wine". We didn't have a drink package so that was sounding good. I told him we weren't big drinkers and I thought the cost was high. He asked me what I thought was reasonable and I said give me 2 for 1 and I'll do it. He said he couldn't do that. We agreed on a price that once I considered the value of the wine ($22 plus gratuity) it came out to around $20 each. I took it and treated my friend to dinner. She doesn't drink wine so I had both glasses. Win-win.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Don't be shy about negotiating for a reduced price while onboard. On the Summit 2 years ago, as we were boarding following a beach day, we were asked if we would like to join them in Qsine that evening. I stopped to chat with the guy. He threw in "two glasses of wine". We didn't have a drink package so that was sounding good. I told him we weren't big drinkers and I thought the cost was high. He asked me what I thought was reasonable and I said give me 2 for 1 and I'll do it. He said he couldn't do that. We agreed on a price that once I considered the value of the wine ($22 plus gratuity) it came out to around $20 each. I took it and treated my friend to dinner. She doesn't drink wine so I had both glasses. Win-win.

That's the way to do it. Even better is if you have a larger party. We ask people on our roll call if they are interested in going. We don't even have to sit together if we don't want to. I take the lead and have the names and stateroom numbers. Then go to desk of the restaurant you want to go to. Try and do this two or three days ahead or try to be flexible on when you want to join them. Ask what's the best deal he can do on a party of XX. We usually shoot for more than 8. We have done this on all our Celebrity cruises and one time I had a party of 32 for the Lawn Club Grille. Got everyone half price on a night they were not busy. 

BTW: Cheapest nights are early in the evenings on port days late in the cruise when no one is back yet. If you can work that into your schedule you will get a great price.

Jim

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DrKoob said:

That's the way to do it. Even better is if you have a larger party. We ask people on our roll call if they are interested in going. We don't even have to sit together if we don't want to. I take the lead and have the names and stateroom numbers. Then go to desk of the restaurant you want to go to. Try and do this two or three days ahead or try to be flexible on when you want to join them. Ask what's the best deal he can do on a party of XX. We usually shoot for more than 8. We have done this on all our Celebrity cruises and one time I had a party of 32 for the Lawn Club Grille. Got everyone half price on a night they were not busy. 

BTW: Cheapest nights are early in the evenings on port days late in the cruise when no one is back yet. If you can work that into your schedule you will get a great price.

Jim

Thanks for the tip on port days later in the cruise.  It, for sure, is an option.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, iron2000 said:

Hi , we love the specialty dining on celebrity , does anyone know if you can get the 4 package option once you get on-board, we want to go to Murano  twice and QSine once but realise there is a good saving if we book the 4 package option , but when we try to book it we have to have one on the sail away night which we dont really want to do.

Would we better seeing if there are any offers ( heard a few people say they do offer discounts during the cruise) we are on an 11 night trip in March 

Any suggestions 

On our last cruise, we were approached by the staff while have some martini's at the bar after we boarded. We ended up purchasing a 4 night package for less than the advertised price online, we save 20% by waiting. Not sure if that will happen again but we are on the Millennium in May and will see what happens after we board.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:59 AM, MEcruzr said:

would these offers be in abundance on day 1? id gladly seek out a deal on dining at that time. 

19 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

would these offers be in abundance on day 1? id gladly seek out a deal on dining at that time. 

Who knows. It all depends on bookings. I'm just saying if you are approached to book a specialty dining reservation (and you WILL be) don't hesitate to dicker on the price. I did it on a whim that day (a couple rum punches on the beach may have helped) and spontaneously stopped and chatted with the guy from Qsine. Normally, I would have said no thank you and walked on. I was surprised when he offered to include wine... and surprised again when he was willing to negotiate the cost. You've got nothing to lose by trying!