Info on ACL's "Grand New England Itineary

Ray in NH

Good Morning,

We are curious about any "first hand" comments concerning ACL's Grand New England Cruise.

We have done a number of ACL cruises, but not this one.  Anything special, or "not to be missed" about this one?

Thank you for whatever you are willing to share.

NRayH

We did this cruise in the fall, and a hurricane in the Atlantic, though distant, messed up our itinerary.  Due to swells, captain had to run the itinerary backwards, and we missed out on the offshore islands (e.g., Martha's Vineyard).  But we had a great time anyway.  Not to be missed:  Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Rockland, and the lobsterbake.  These were on the same day, and because the bus was late, we missed the entertainment that precedes the actual meal.  So my advice -- try to do the Owl's Head as early as possible, so as to not interfere with the lobsterbake.  This cruise does require use of the launch for some of the ports, but we didn't find this a problem -- the American Constitution has a large launch.  Another excellent excursion was the schooner trip out of Gloucester.  Another was the lobsterboat excursion from Camden.  I would certainly recommend this cruise.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

On 2/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, DaveinCharlotte said:

We did this cruise in the fall, and a hurricane in the Atlantic, though distant, messed up our itinerary.  Due to swells, captain had to run the itinerary backwards, and we missed out on the offshore islands (e.g., Martha's Vineyard).  But we had a great time anyway.  Not to be missed:  Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Rockland, and the lobsterbake.  These were on the same day, and because the bus was late, we missed the entertainment that precedes the actual meal.  So my advice -- try to do the Owl's Head as early as possible, so as to not interfere with the lobsterbake.  This cruise does require use of the launch for some of the ports, but we didn't find this a problem -- the American Constitution has a large launch.  Another excellent excursion was the schooner trip out of Gloucester.  Another was the lobsterboat excursion from Camden.  I would certainly recommend this cruise.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

Edited by Ray in NH
added comments

On 2/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, DaveinCharlotte said:

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

Hi Dave,

Thank you again for sharing your experiences.

Somehow my first reply did not allow me any comments ???

Even though we live in New England and have been to some of these ports, we are looking to do this cruise.  We think ACL does a good job with their product -- despite comments from some of the "Nay-sayers".

NRayH

Edited by Ray in NH