Ponant

resistk

I am age 61 and was excited to do a Transatlantic from Miami on Libson on Ponant Line until they demand my doctor fill out a 5 page medical form.  What the Heck! I have to pay a doctor to to go on a cruise? Imagine what would happen if Cunard demanded medical clearences on its Trans Atlantics?  The French are living up to their reputation as royal pains.

It has nothing to do with age, Ponant advises on their website, many cruises that list this requirement for every passenger.   Don’t like it?  Don’t cruise with them on the cruises listed.  

for example, the Miami to Lisbon cruise states:

We remind you that all our ships have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.

The fact is they are not asking every passenger. My wife is not being asked. Only me. Why?  The only legititmate reason would be age.  I am 61, is that too old to go on a Trans Atlantic without a five page form signed by a physicia with complete medical history? Anyone else here had to fill out that form?

• 2 weeks later...