Shareholder's OBC

Mytravellove

I have 2 cruises booked with Celebrity and just made the final payment on both. Now I am ready to complete the check in and continue with the next steps, one being applying for the Shareholder's OBC. Has any cruiser recently been able to get OBC for owning 100 RCL shares? 

The key is the booking date.  Cruises booked after June 1, 2019 are allowed to combine shareholder credit with other promos.  This is when they changed the policy.  If booking date is before then it will most likely be denied, but I always submit.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

Yes, just did the on-line request for 3 Azamara cruises and 2 Celebrity and all were honored.  I actually applied even before my final payment is due.  These cruises were all booked after June 1, 2019 so they fell within the new guidelines.  It should be no problem.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

4 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Yes, just did the on-line request for 3 Azamara cruises and 2 Celebrity and all were honored.  I actually applied even before my final payment is due.  These cruises were all booked after June 1, 2019 so they fell within the new guidelines.  It should be no problem.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the information.   I wasn't aware they had an on-line request.   Just went and took a look and will process a couple requests today.

2 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

I did it on line and received a response in less than a week.

When people say on line do they mean fill out the pdf request form and email it with a brokerage statement, or is there some form you fill out on the web and hit submit?   I'm assuming it's the former which I've always done.  It generally takes 3-10 days to get a response.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

When people say on line do they mean fill out the pdf request form and email it with a brokerage statement, or is there some form you fill out on the web and hit submit?   I'm assuming it's the former which I've always done.  It generally takes 3-10 days to get a response.

I just send an email giving the information requested, i.e. sail date, CC number, etc., and attach a copy of my brokerage page showing 100 shares.  https://www.rclinvestor.com/content/uploads/2019/08/2019-RCL-Shareholder-Benefit-Offer.pdf

https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

I've gotten a response within 3-4 days on a cruises in April & May of 2021.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

44 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

There is actually a form to fill out on line and attach the brokerage statement as an attachment.  Very easy to do.  No emailing required

11 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

There is actually a form to fill out on line and attach the brokerage statement as an attachment.  Very easy to do.  No emailing required

They make it easy.  You can either fax, email, or fill out the form.  Read the link -- 3. How do I redeem this benefit?

Do it however you feel comfortable.🍷

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok found the survey method https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com

This is what my question was about.   I've used the email method for years.

I believe this is new as I'm very familiar with the FAQ and had not seen this option before.

I used the same web portal yesterday.   Was much easier than the pdf's it allows you to submit multiple request without having to fill in the same data again.    To attache your brokerage statement you just drag and drop it into a box and it automatically attaches it.

I applied for 7 credits last evening so will come back and report when I get a response.    I expect to get rejected on one as it was a Free Ocean View Zenith cruise that I upgraded, but thought I would try anyway.

18 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

We applied for our upcoming Silhouette cruise booked March 2018.  We were denied because we had other offers.  Should we try again on-line and see what happens?

The cruise has to have been booked on 1 June 2019 or after that date to combine other offers.   Read the link:https://www.rclinvestor.com/content/uploads/2019/08/2019-RCL-Shareholder-Benefit-Offer.pdf 🍷

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

We applied for our upcoming Silhouette cruise booked March 2018.  We were denied because we had other offers.  Should we try again on-line and see what happens?

I doubt it will change the results.   There is a MAJOR restriction that affects you and probably a couple of my bookings - I had a credit denied because my statement was over 90 days old and when I re-applied my confirmation had notes of my first application.

Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019.

50 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

And I am surprised that people say they got the credit for future sailing later this year and next.  The rule states that you have to own at least 100 shares AT TIME OF SAILING.  I do not apply for the credit until I make my final payment.  

I apply as soon as I make the reservation.   I own the stock long term so I will still be owning it when I sail.  They obviously don't track it at time of sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

And I am surprised that people say they got the credit for future sailing later this year and next.  The rule states that you have to own at least 100 shares AT TIME OF SAILING.  I do not apply for the credit until I make my final payment.  

You know there is no way they can enforce that since they're not going to check after they apply it, even if you get it right before sailing. And the form says "at least 2-3 weeks prior to sailing." It does not say "no more than 2-3 weeks prior to sailing". 

I'm not suggesting that people sell their stock after getting it, but telling people not to apply until after final payment isn't helpful. Better to do it now and not forget about it. I'm going to submit my Royal Caribbean cruise in September.

Personally, I am thrilled that they did this(and had not heard until I found this thread). The shareholder offer for Royal used to be worthless, but fortunately their stock did well  Carnival was much more liberal with theirs.

Edited by MisterBill99