What is name of new ship

zteamtwo

8 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

I thought the results of the ship naming contest were suppose to be announced on Feb 3.  Anybody hear anything?

Somebody named Charlie K won the contest, but they have not announced the winning name of the ship as of yet.

Messer Rubacky will no doubt make an announcement soon.

He loves the suspense.

1 hour ago, zteamtwo said:

Charlie K.  Speak up!!!  What is the new name??

Charlie K was just randomly chosen from those who submitted names in the 'contest'  He did not pick the winning name.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We might be surprised,  but it would seem very likely that the new “Allura class” ship will be Allura.   

That may happen, but it is not always the case.   Sometimes the first ship delivered in a class is not the one the class is named for, a subsequent one is.   And sometimes none of the ships bear the name of the class.  The latter example holds true for Oceania.

The 'R Class", as they are now commonly known, were originally Renaissance Cruises 'R Class', a class of 8, of which Oceania now owns 4.  Their names were R One thru R Eight.  The first one Oceania purchased was R Two.  Oceania renamed her Regatta, and for a while, the subsequent purchases were all included in the 'Regatta Class'.   Since the older, R One, which Oceania renamed the Insignia joined the fleet, Oceania along the way changed the class name back to 'R Class', if I recall correctly...

The 'O' Class, were Oceania's first two newbuild's.

More importantly than her name is where and when will she sail! If Oceania sticks to their recent history, ( no assurances), they will release the remainder of late 2021 and first half 2022 cruises sometime between 3/15 and 4/15. 

1. Will the new ship appear yet,  on that schedule; and

2.  How will she be priced compared to the O and R ships?

Much bigger questions than a mere name to us.

Edited by pinotlover

On Regatta's last cruise (New Zealand to Australia) an Oceania ambassador said the schedule would be released in January 2021. However, in my mind, everything 10 months out is subject to revision and rescheduling, so ...

Edited by jp114
typo

• 4 weeks later...

The OC Ambassador on our February Regatta cruise, told us that the name was 'Vista' and that this new Allura ship's schedule will be available January 2021. She also stated that the remaining schedule of R & O class of ships will be released in October 2020.

27 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

The OC Ambassador on our February Regatta cruise, told us that the name was 'Vista' and that this new Allura ship's schedule will be available January 2021. She also stated that the remaining schedule of R & O class of ships will be released in October 2020.

When is "Vista" due to sail?

When I talked to the boss he said it is Secret, but I was quick to point out to him it doesnt end with an "A"The news is supposed to  come out March 31 but with all that is going on it now became tentative..,

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

When I talked to the boss he said it is Secret, but I was quick to point out to him it doesnt end with an "A"The news is supposed to  come out March 31 but with all that is going on it now became tentative..,

Jancruz1

Maybe he spells it Secreta. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Probably they initially chose “Corona” as it is a royal sounding name. But had to scrub that plan.

😉

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Toranut97 said:

Probably they initially chose “Corona” as it is a royal sounding name. But had to scrub that plan.

😉

Oh boy! 

You'd make Don Rickles proud 😀

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:36 AM, Wishing on a star said:

We might be surprised,  but it would seem very likely that the new “Allura class” ship will be Allura.   

Nope not Allura

Jancruz

Edited by Jancruz
spelling