What is name of new ship

zteamtwo

39 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

NOT Allura...

And this is by what official authority?

Vista, Celestia, Ventura, etc..  we all names that I had submitted.

Many good ones!!!!

But, alas, I did not will the sweepstakes!!!

Trust the source...

I also did not win the 🧹🥩 🥩 .

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

NOT Allura...

And this is by what official authority?

Vista, Celestia, Ventura, etc..  we all names that I had submitted.

Many good ones!!!!

But, alas, I did not will the sweepstakes!!!

Well I would think info that came direct from the President Of Oceania is a pretty good authority. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ORV said:

Well I would think info that came direct from the President Of Oceania is a pretty good authority. 

I won't comment on whether I believe your claim is true or not 😁, but I would never out a person's source for fear of closing that person's door to that source. ☹️

28 minutes ago, Mura said:

In this case I don't think that is a concern.

+1

That door shall never close 😀

The person in question is a responsible person and discloses only things that can be disclosed publicly. I am sure there are plenty of things this person knows that cannot be disclosed and he/she knows that and is trusted not to do so.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mura said:

In this case I don't think that is a concern.

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

+1

That door shall never close 😀

The person in question is a responsible person and discloses only things that can be disclosed publicly. I am sure there are plenty things this person knows that cannot be disclosed and he/she is trusted not to do so.

I agree.  But I made my comment as a generic statement.  If anyone knows her and has seen her previous posts, he/she can figure it out. 

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I won't comment on whether I believe your claim is true or not 😁, but I would never out a person's source for fear of closing that person's door to that source. ☹️

On 3/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, Jancruz said:

When I talked to the boss he said it is Secret, but I was quick to point out to him it doesnt end with an "A"The news is supposed to  come out March 31 but with all that is going on it now became tentative..,

Jancruz1

I believe we know who she refers to when she mentions the Boss. I also get tired of the uninformed doubters here always questioning her, even in the face of those of us trying to tell them different. 

I can understand newer participants not being aware of the relationship ... but when long time posters try to clarify some of them don't seem to want to hear.  I have to admit that if I hadn't known Jan for many years I might have the same questions.  But if I saw posters who DO know her chiming in, I would take them seriously.

11 hours ago, ORV said:

I believe we know who she refers to when she mentions the Boss. I also get tired of the uninformed doubters here always questioning her, even in the face of those of us trying to tell them different. 

11 hours ago, Mura said:

I can understand newer participants not being aware of the relationship ... but when long time posters try to clarify some of them don't seem to want to hear.  I have to admit that if I hadn't known Jan for many years I might have the same questions.  But if I saw posters who DO know her chiming in, I would take them seriously.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes,  if this is actually true and credible info about the name of the new ship,  I would be a newbie who simply did not understand why or how.  I guess I was looking for something like "according to some credible sources/information".

I am now less 'misinformed'.

I do like the name Vista!

Like Allura better...  but hey that is just me.

Not so sure about naming the new Oceania ship the exact same as a Carnival ship.

9 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Oceania could sweeten the pot by naming the second Allura class ship "Splenda,"

That would be splendid and then you could lose weight while cruising on her instead of gaining, as is usually the case 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if construction has begun on the new ship yet?  Has the keel be laid down?  Is steel being cut?  Based on how Regent handled its new ships, mid-summer (July-August) 2022 would be delivery, with a few Med cruises before a trans-Atlantic on November.

19 hours ago, drib said:
Binder is a man who leads a life of grandeur,
To everyone he meets he sees a passenger.
With every move he makes, more O Life he creates,
Odds are you will book a cruise tomorrow.

Secret cruise ship man, Secret cruise ship man,
He's giving ships a number, and taking away their names.

LOL..so cute!!

Jancruz1

Well,  no matter what the name.   I do hope for a wonderful new ship for Oceania, without delays!

Anyhow, if there are those who do know anyone with any insight or influence,  please tell them to consider the exclusive Spa Terrace area, and take a look at these areas like the Sanctuary, the Haven, and other exclusive and adult areas that are now on other lines!  

Edited by Wishing on a star

29 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Well,  no matter what the name.   I do hope for a wonderful new ship for Oceania, without delays!

Anyhow, if there are those who do know anyone with any insight or influence,  please tell them to consider the exclusive Spa Terrace area, and take a look at these areas like the Sanctuary, the Haven, and other exclusive and adult areas that are now on other lines!  

You do understand that there are fewer than half a dozen children on most cruises on Oceania, right?   Take a look at Other Premium plus and Luxury lines for what Oceania’s competition really is.   It is not the mass mkt lines!    I would imagine Oceania knows their target market pretty good.   

40 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

please tell them to consider the exclusive Spa Terrace area, and take a look at these areas like the Sanctuary, the Haven, and other exclusive and adult areas that are now on other lines!  

it is Exclusive already 

They just need some shady areas 😉

I do know that it is exclusive.  I think we all do.

And we all also know that there are very few children on Oceania.

If you re-read my comments, this is very clear.  Never said otherwise.  (the confusion is unnecessary)

I am thinking about more than some shade/umbrellas.

Big differences.   No real comparison.

Carry on!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, Wishing on a star said:

i just don't see the need for a Santuary-type experience on a ship with 1200 pax.  The idea of Haven is to get away from the heaving masses and make for a "small ship" experience. I don't really think 1200 or fewer pax equals heaving masses on the pool deck.  And these ships just aren't large enough for two pools.   But Lyn is so very right, the shade issue in O's spa terrace needs to be addressed on current and future ships for O.

You know Seabourn tried this (and for some reason is STILL trying) in their "Retreat".  A pay-for-cabana-by-the-day type thing.  Because there was no need for it, the place is EMPTY.  All the time.  Other than the free passes that management has given for people to try it.  If you want to read some really vitriolic posts from the passengers go to the Seabourn board and search "Retreat".  It' the only time in my years of being on Cruise Critic that everyone on the board agreed on something (They hate it)

15 hours ago, Paulchili said:

At this moment who really cares?

It's the very last thing I think or worry about.

I care.  I welcome the idea of a few posts about something other than refunds of air or cruiseline.  I can't worry about this stuff every minute, and I don't want to.  

But then again, knowing the name would probably just spark more nastiness.  I remember when Silversea announced the name of their second ship in the Muse class,  the Silver Moon.  I stated that I thought the name was wonderful, and evoked all sorts of mental images for me of the moon shining over the wake of a ship at sea.  Boy, was I in the minority.

Bigger questions;

1. Is the ship still on order;

2. If so, when and where will she sail;

3.  How will she be priced compared to O and R ships;

4.  One OCA, on a past cruise, hinted there will be significant changes in venues, particularly including dining, from the current fleet. What will any changes be and when will they be announced?

All these far more important, to me, than a name.

Thanks Kate.   I am the one you are responding to.   Just in full disclosure, I also have not even been on CC for quite a while.  The first reason is because I do not see cruising at any time in the foreseeable future.  The second reason is all of nastiness.  Kind of like what you just mentioned.  I wasn't liking the toxic questioning and attacks by a number of people here.    But, times have changed even further now, haven't they!!!!

The only reason I am here is that I did get a notice that you had quoted and responded to my comments.

Anyhow, your comments are interesting!  And I can see some cases where this might apply.  The thing is, here on the Oceania chat board, there had been increasing recent reports, especially from warm weather cruises, that there was not enough loungers, enforcement of chair-hog policies, avoiding the pool deck all together.  They are def. there!!!!   

I am not familiar with the line and situations you have mentioned.  but here on the Oceania chat board I have seen the posts from one person here showing what is called massive chair/deck hogging. (called Nesting) on another high end line similar to Oceania.  Wow.  I do think that this does show the desire for a nicer and more personal space. (territory).  Literally an effort to create ones own Sanctuary / Haven.

I still think that if the product and space and services are well designed and desirable enough, and offered at what most would see as a reasonable cost, that this would only be a positive.  I do still think that!  

Anyhow, back to my hiatus from anything 'cruising'.  

Carry on!

• Like 1