What is name of new ship

zteamtwo

20 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not familiar with the line and situations you have mentioned.  but here on the Oceania chat board I have seen the posts from one person here showing what is called massive chair/deck hogging. (called Nesting) on another high end line similar to Oceania.  Wow.  I do think that this does show the desire for a nicer and more personal space. (territory).  Literally an effort to create ones own Sanctuary / Haven.

I have  not seen the Nesting mentality on Oceania   unlike Crystal   so maybe the  demographics on a Luxury line  have more "entitled"

There  is some chair hogging on O but  it will be taken care of   by the staff if you mention it to them

Sometimes they will notice  but  there are limited deck crew

They fetch drinks & change the towel covers when someone does leave the chair ..(unlike Crystal) where  we never saw them remove the chair covers until the end of the day  YUCK

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

You know Seabourn tried this (and for some reason is STILL trying) in their "Retreat".  A pay-for-cabana-by-the-day type thing.  Because there was no need for it, the place is EMPTY.  All the time.  Other than the free passes that management has given for people to try it.  If you want to read some really vitriolic posts from the passengers go to the Seabourn board and search "Retreat".  It' the only time in my years of being on Cruise Critic that everyone on the board agreed on something (They hate it)

When they had the Cabanas on the R ships  for a fee  it was hit or miss

some loved them  & other thought it was a waste of a good viewing space

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Bigger questions;

1. Is the ship still on order;

2. If so, when and where will she sail;

3.  How will she be priced compared to O and R ships;

4.  One OCA, on a past cruise, hinted there will be significant changes in venues, particularly including dining, from the current fleet. What will any changes be and when will they be announced?

All these far more important, to me, than a name.

I agree and suspect that answers to your questions will come later rather than sooner.

Oceania, like the rest of us, has other things to worry about right now.

Before all this disaster started I too was excited about the prospect of a new ship - now I have FCCs and multiple cancellations to keep me busy with lots of money tied up and uncertain to see it again.

Hence the name of the new ship is way down the list of my priorities at the moment.

I would be more interested in detailed descriptions and drawings of it than the name.

Edited by Paulchili

51 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I agree and suspect that answers to your questions will come later rather than sooner.

Oceania, like the rest of us, has other things to worry about right now.

Before all this disaster started I too was excited about the prospect of a new ship - now I have FCCs and multiple cancellations to keep me busy with lots of money tied up and uncertain to see it again.

Hence the name of the new ship is way down the list of my priorities at the moment.

I would be more interested in detailed descriptions and drawings of it than the name.

+ 1

I was very pleased to observe very little chair hogging on Riviera on its last “completed full itinerary” cruise, 2/26-3/11, in the Southern Caribbean.  There also did not appear to be any large affinity groups on board that cruise, which I personally believe contributes to the problem.  For the first time ever in my numerous warm-weather Oceania cruises, I never had a problem finding a chaise on the pool deck at any time of day.  

Passengers would remove their personal items to go to other activities on the ship and then return after a couple of hours and locate new seating.  People did tend to prefer sitting in the same areas but did not insist on being in the same chair.  It was wonderful!

7 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

i just don't see the need for a Santuary-type experience on a ship with 1200 pax.  The idea of Haven is to get away from the heaving masses and make for a "small ship" experience. I don't really think 1200 or fewer pax equals heaving masses on the pool deck.  And these ships just aren't large enough for two pools.   But Lyn is so very right, the shade issue in O's spa terrace needs to be addressed on current and future ships for O.

You know Seabourn tried this (and for some reason is STILL trying) in their "Retreat".  A pay-for-cabana-by-the-day type thing.  Because there was no need for it, the place is EMPTY.  All the time.  Other than the free passes that management has given for people to try it.  If you want to read some really vitriolic posts from the passengers go to the Seabourn board and search "Retreat".  It' the only time in my years of being on Cruise Critic that everyone on the board agreed on something (They hate it)

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I was going to mention this also. They've been gone quite a few years now. 

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Brings back such great memories of sailing with Stan&Jim, who really enjoyed those cabanas!

• Haha 1