Celebrity Move Up question.

AZFirsttime42

I recently booked a May 2020 Sky Suite on the Edge for $3900 for both of us with no perks. 

I received the “Move Up” today for a celebrity suite starting offer at $1k per person and a Royal Suite for $1500 per person. 

Here’s my question. We were going to do internet packages and premium drink package as well as a few restaurants. The total of these items were around $1800. 

The royal suite includes two bottles of liquor and double the space, internet, premium drink, and unlimited dining. Everything else is a wash. 

Assuming the delta is $1200 for the upgrade, and assuming I get it, do you think it’s worth it? I understand that’s different for each person. I’d like to hear from you. Also if anyone has done this specifically I’d like to hear as well. Thx. 

We have sailed in a RS and would love to do it again.  This was on a 15 night cruise with a lot of sea days so the extra space and laundry was great.   Are there  RS's available to book now? and what is the price difference vs bidding?

I think the upgrade to a RS for $1200 is worth it.  My only hesitation would be the small size of the RS balcony. The service is amazing though, and we've sailed in every category of suites of the S class ships except the Reflection Suite on Reflection.

48 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have sailed in a RS and would love to do it again.  This was on a 15 night cruise with a lot of sea days so the extra space and laundry was great.   Are there  RS's available to book now? and what is the price difference vs bidding?

There are 2 you can book. They are $16,688 for 2. Basically $10k off but only because booking now. I would assume it was cheaper a year ago. 

From what l've read, you keep your current perks if you do a move up and do not get other perks of the higher category cabin.

So you may not get the free premium drinks, internet or gratuities perks that you used to calculate the differences.

Hopefully someone can confirm.  

5 minutes ago, candydane said:

From what l've read, you keep your current perks if you do a move up and do not get other perks of the higher category cabin.

So you may not get the free premium drinks, internet or gratuities perks that you used to calculate the differences.

Hopefully someone can confirm.  

You don't get additional perks but you do the the amenities of the stateroom.   I believe the OP understands that if they were to bid on and get the CS they would still need to make their planned purchases.   If they get the RS via MoveUp they would get the premium beverage package and unlimited wifi (1 device per person) unlimited laundry,  specialty dining and all other amenities of the RS.

49 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You don't get additional perks but you do the the amenities of the stateroom.   I believe the OP understands that if they were to bid on and get the CS they would still need to make their planned purchases.   If they get the RS via MoveUp they would get the premium beverage package and unlimited wifi (1 device per person) unlimited laundry,  specialty dining and all other amenities of the RS.

You are correct. Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

I would make the bid.  We love both Celebrity and Royal Suites.  We made bids of about 25% above minimum for both on the cruise we are currently on and did not get either.   I hope you do but don’t get your hopes up too high.  

Thanks for the insight. I think we would be perfectly happy with the Sky Suite we are in. This would just be a “suite” upgrade!

Yes it is well worth it to upgrade to a RS.    Keep in mind the $1,500 isn't the cost of the upgrade it is PER PERSON and I doubt very much that you will be successful at the minimum bid.    You may get lucky and just win the minimum bid so go for it.