Penang and phuket

seba1013

Hi!

My family (me and my wife and our 4 year old daughter) is going on a cruise with royal caribbean (Voyager of the seas) from 15.6. to 19.6. and we will stop in Penang and Phuket. Ship does not offer many shore excursions and they are also expensive. I would like to know if there are some local tour agencies in the port who offer tours in Penang? What do you recomend? On Phuket we would like to do an elephant camp and tiger kingdom and do some sightseeing and a beach if we have the time (we will be there from 9am to 8pm). Is it the best option to take a private taxi for the whole day? What would that cost? Or is there a tour provider with that kind of itienarity? What about Phang Nga bay? Is it fun and nice to see? How long does it take to see it?

I was at both of these this past month.  For Phuket, does your ship offer a snorkel tour to phi phi island?  I highly recommend that, several on my cruise didn't get off the ship for Phuket.  For Penang, it's pretty walkable, if you want the train or to see the temple you would need to take a bus or hire a taxi.  There's also upside down museum and the komtar tower.

In Phuket we used Tours by Locals.  I "advertised"  on Our roll call and immediately got my small group together. Our ship was half a day late getting into port and TBS rewrote our contract and refunded part of our money.  We had a great e.5 he tour (was supposed to be 7 hrs).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mrs f. said:

In Phuket we used Tours by Locals.  I "advertised"  on Our roll call and immediately got my small group together. Our ship was half a day late getting into port and TBS rewrote our contract and refunded part of our money.  We had a great e.5 he tour (was supposed to be 7 hrs).

Did the tour have a pre-planned itinerary? What did you get to see?

• 3 weeks later...

I would highly recommend phuket elephant sanctuary was there 2 yrs ago when they only opened few months prior, they are an ethical sanctuary no elephant  rides etc. will be going back when on the voyager in may aswell

• Like 1