Seattle - Any hotel options at Airport?

Truluv

I will be arriving in Seattle late in the evening (widow-late 60's) for a HAL cruise the next day.  Are there any airport hotels (or hotels with airport shuttles that run late) that are  convenient and easy to get to?   I know HAL cruises out of Pier 91 instead of the Bell Terminal, so I don't need to be downtown.  A complimentary breakfast is always good.   Is there a cab stand at the Seattle airport if I need to get a cab to a hotel?  Thanks for your help!!  

We settled on the Sleep Inn years ago as our preferred 'cheap but good' Seatac hotel - if you don't like the look of their included breakfast, there's an IHOP just yards away across the parking lot. Free shuttle too, like I think just about every airport hotel, and it's on the pickup lists for local shuttles (cheaper than a cruise transfer, and no need to return to the airport next morning).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Truluv said:

Thanks - this helps.  Arrival after 2 flights is scheduled around 9 pm or so...but with delays & time to get luggage, I'm not optimistic.

You'd have no problem at any of the hotels I mentioned then. All three include breakfast and are larger rooms. Since they all also have kitchens in them, the hotels have a little mini-store to buy some food if you are hungry.

homewood-suites-by-hilton.jpg

I’ve also stayed at the Sleep Inn a couple of times when I had really early A.M. flights...easier getting a ride down there the night before. I would give them a call and ask about their shuttle times. I know I got a ride to airport at 0400.

• 2 weeks later...

All the major chain hotels are represented at the airport and 99% of them have a free shuttle to/from SeaTac.  I can recommend the BestWestern, and their b'fast !

If you need transportation to pier 91,  use Seattle Express and stay at one of their partner hotels for easy pick up the next day.  Their vans leave hourly to the port. 

https://seattleexpress.com/tour/cruise-ship-transfers/

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, scottca075 said:

How late is "late"? A lot of the shuttles cut off at 11PM or so. The Homewood Suites, TownePlace Suites and Residence Inn. The Residence Inn will send a shuttle anytime, if you call.

Scott, the Town Place hotel is actually not at Seatac but near South Center, close to 4 miles away.😀

Our favorite SEATAC hotel is the Cedarbrook Lodge, but it isn't a "budget" hotel.  Lovely property so it doesn't feel like an "airport" hotel at all, and a wonderful on premises restaurant.  An extensive breakfast is included (at least in the rates we have booked).  They also have a shuttle which stops at the nearby light rail station and the airport.

I've stayed at the Doubletree, Hilton, and Hampton Inn near SeaTac.  All fine hotels with shuttles.  If shuttles aren't operating, just grab a cab.  Hilton and Doubletree have restaurants and room service.  Room service available longer than restaurant hours.  13 Coins, a nearby restaurant/diner is open 24/7.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, Husky61 said:

Scott, the Town Place hotel is actually not at Seatac but near South Center, close to 4 miles away.😀

But TownePlace Suites Southcenter has a complimentary Seatac Shuttle on request, is a good price usually, offers Park n' Fly, a cooked hot breakfast and more.

I don't think the OP cares how far it is, if it has a shuttle.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

But TownePlace Suites Southcenter has a complimentary Seatac Shuttle on request, is a good price usually, offers Park n' Fly, a cooked hot breakfast and more.

I don't think the OP cares how far it is, if it has a shuttle.

I don't know either if the OP cares how far it is.  The point I was making was that the OP specifically asked about airport hotels, not hotels 4 miles away.. Have you stayed at the TownePlace suites or just read about it online?

Yes, I was hoping for something right at the airport (senior, dragging a cruise suitcase after a very long day of travel with a few transfers.  I know I'm going to be physically very wiped out.  I was hoping to minimize having to call & then wait for a shuttle -- especially if planes are delayed and I end up getting in very late..       

15 hours ago, Husky61 said:

I don't know either if the OP cares how far it is.  The point I was making was that the OP specifically asked about airport hotels, not hotels 4 miles away.. Have you stayed at the TownePlace suites or just read about it online?

I've stayed at both the TownePlace Suites Southcenter and the DoubleTree Southcenter. Both are what I'd call close to the airport and billed as such.

15 hours ago, Truluv said:

Yes, I was hoping for something right at the airport (senior, dragging a cruise suitcase after a very long day of travel with a few transfers.  I know I'm going to be physically very wiped out.  I was hoping to minimize having to call & then wait for a shuttle -- especially if planes are delayed and I end up getting in very late..       

Then don't worry about a shuttle, get a cab.

20 hours ago, Truluv said:

There is no on-site airport hotel like EWR, DFW, etc., so you will end up having to take some kind of ground transport. 

There is a cab stand on level three of the parking garage. You will have to go up a level from baggage cliam and then walk across the skybridge and then down a floor on the escalator/elevator (Uber/Lyft is on the same level). 

If you don't want to deal with that, Uber Black and Uber XL are allowed to pick you up at the curb (unless that has very recently changed) outside of baggage claim. 

• Like 1

I’ve stayed at the Fairfield Inn south of the airport and the hotel has a shuttle.  The hotel is new, and it has free breakfast.  The courtesy van operates on a schedule up to 10 AM to the airport, and then on demand. The nice thing about this hotel is it’s actually a little bit closer to the Angle Lake Link light rail station than the airport station.  The van would be happy to drive you there.  Angle Lake is the first stop of the light rail, so you’d be able to get a seat near the storage location for bikes and luggage.   Then you can go downtown (Westlake Station most likely) and hail a cab, Uber or Lyft to Pier 91, saving you some $$$.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, langleyfld said:

Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn Suites near Seattle airport? I know they have a free airport shuttle but what's the best way to get to Pier 66 with luggage and 4 adults??

Why transfer twice? Get an Uber or cab to a hotel near Pier 66, there are plenty.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, langleyfld said:

Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn Suites near Seattle airport? I know they have a free airport shuttle but what's the best way to get to Pier 66 with luggage and 4 adults??

If you’re just in town for a quick overnight before your cruise the airport works fine and is much cheaper than downtown. The reviews of that property are good.  Look at Shuttle Express for transportation to Pier 66.  You could also post on TripAdvisor. You’ll get more responses over there.

https://shuttleexpress.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60878-i74-Seattle_Washington.html