Blue Lagoon Nassau Beach Day

heatherpl

48 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We have the same tour booked, with the same departure time.

If travel time is an hour, with the listed time of 5 hours total, 3 hours at blue lagoon would be disappointing, but technically within the details provided.  

Our ship departs at 5 pm, so I'm hoping there is a 3 pm ferry, which would give us over 5 hours there.

No, we were scheduled for departure from Nassau at 5pm.  (We were there 8am-5pm) and we actually left an hour late.   As for the Blue Lagoon excursion,  despite people being there before us, we were still required to either return on 1:15pm ferry or 2:15pm ferry.  Other cruise lines that arrived with us didn't have a departure time until 3:45.  We asked if we could stay for the next ferry and told we had to leave on the Carnival ferry times.

While I guess technically we were within the 10am-3pm (5 hr window), having to stand around until 10:30 to have them figure out how to get everyone to the ferry and coming back at 2:45 ate 45 minutes into that 5hrs.  That is not acceptable and being told it must have been because 5 ships were in port that day and my complaint would be passed on is hardly the right response to the way the excursion was handled.

Edited by happylittlefamily

50 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We have the same tour booked, with the same departure time.

If travel time is an hour, with the listed time of 5 hours total, 3 hours at blue lagoon would be disappointing, but technically within the details provided.  

Our ship departs at 5 pm, so I'm hoping there is a 3 pm ferry, which would give us over 5 hours there.

They will make you leave with your assigned ferry.  If you are departing at 8:30, expect to have a ferry return time of boarding at 11:30 with 11:45 departure or a boarding time of 12:30 with 12:45 departure.   It didn't matter what kind of excursion you booked.  Those who had dolphin swim/encounters had to return with us.  Are you going through Carnival?  Booking independently?

46 minutes ago, happylittlefamily said:

They will make you leave with your assigned ferry.  If you are departing at 8:30, expect to have a ferry return time of boarding at 11:30 with 11:45 departure or a boarding time of 12:30 with 12:45 departure.   It didn't matter what kind of excursion you booked.  Those who had dolphin swim/encounters had to return with us.  Are you going through Carnival?  Booking independently?

We booked through Carnival.  

41 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We booked through Carnival.  

We did too.  After watching the ads on the TV for Blue Lagoon in our stateroom the first day, we decided to book it.  I really and truly hope your experience is every bit of paradise and relaxation we thought we were going to get through this excursion.   I really think they were not prepared for the number of people in port that day.  I personally will not take the chance on this excursion again,  but certainly there are plenty of positive reviews.   Apparently KimPossible and our families were not as fortunate. 

• Like 1

I booked this for my 11 year old son and I. I just looked at there are SIX ships in port that day. Ugh. I booked the Stingray encounter, and am frustrated because I don't think lunch is included anyway. Now thinking of cancelling after reading these reviews.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, odaisydukeo said:

I booked this for my 11 year old son and I. I just looked at there are SIX ships in port that day. Ugh. I booked the Stingray encounter, and am frustrated because I don't think lunch is included anyway. Now thinking of cancelling after reading these reviews.

Most reviews are positive and I think KimPossible and I just had a really bad experience.   I will say that Carnival followed up with a "sorry, but too bad email."  I have not yet heard back from Blue Lagoon.   As far as I'm concerned, the total disregard for guest service if nothing else helps me to cross this off the 2nd chance list.  I do hope you have a FANTASTIC experience on the day you go and that the encounter is amazing. 

• Like 1