Hilton Garden Inn T2 from Heathrow

sailing sue

I am flying to Heathrow for my first European cruise. My first thought was staying overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn Terminal 2 (where my flight lands). I understand that you can walk from T2 to the hotel via a parking lot. This sounds convenient to me. I will be travelling solo and I am questioning the safety of this walk. If anyone has done this walk to the hotel, could you let me know your thoughts about lighting and safety and distance to the hotel. In the morning, I will need to walk back to the airport in the morning to get the RCI bus to Southampton pier. Thank you.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, sailing sue said:

I am flying to Heathrow for my first European cruise. My first thought was staying overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn Terminal 2 (where my flight lands). I understand that you can walk from T2 to the hotel via a parking lot. This sounds convenient to me. I will be travelling solo and I am questioning the safety of this walk. If anyone has done this walk to the hotel, could you let me know your thoughts about lighting and safety and distance to the hotel. In the morning, I will need to walk back to the airport in the morning to get the RCI bus to Southampton pier. Thank you.

We have stayed at that hotel ourselves, there are shuttle bus services that deliver to the hotels around the airport, There is definitely one available that takes you to the Hilton Garden Inn, it was 5 pounds one way or 7 pound return (last year).

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, sailing sue said:

I think you will find that the hotel is directly linked to T2 by an underpass taking two minutes walk.  I have not stayed at this particular Hilton but do recall that the Hilton at T4 was connected by an elevated dry tubular shaped walkway system and this is the level of facility one would expect with Hilton hotels. You simply walk along a specifically dedicated and designed underpass facility.  See description on London Tool Kit.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hilton_lhr_t2.htm

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 2 weeks later...

You can walk undercover from exiting terminal 2 across a bridgeway and through short term car park all well lit and sign posted, if you are leaving from terminal 3  get on lift to back exit turn left twice and it is a few minutes walk, this saves going through all the tunnels.