Anthem News Flash

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I believe that out of an abundance of caution, they will do a full ship sanitization. 

I have a friend that is sailing on this ship today and she got no such notification.  Her parents were on the ship that just got into Bayonne and they are safely on their ride back to NJ.  She did get notified that they should show up later because they are doing extra sanitizing of the ship.

......."I have a friend that is sailing on this ship today and she got no such notification.  Her parents were on the ship that just got into Bayonne and they are safely on their ride back to NJ.  She did get notified that they should show up later because they are doing extra sanitizing of the ship"

Things changing here very quickly. Really is an unfolding situation. What happens to people on their way to the port. Are they on their own to find accommodation for the night?

Edited by Mattnvick

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Feb 7 departure delayed for one day. 

I have a friend that is sailing on this ship today and she got no such notification.  Her parents were on the ship that just got into Bayonne and they are safely on their ride back to NJ.  She did get notified that they should show up later because they are doing extra sanitizing of the ship.

4 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

......."I have a friend that is sailing on this ship today and she got no such notification.  Her parents were on the ship that just got into Bayonne and they are safely on their ride back to NJ.  She did get notified that they should show up later because they are doing extra sanitizing of the ship"

Things changing here very quickly. Really is an unfolding situation. What happens to people on their way to the port. Are they on their own to find accommodation for the night?

She still got nothing from RC today, other than to show up later due to extra sanitizing.. Everyone needs to relax!

4 minutes ago, pmck said:

Sounds like this is a recent development after that letter went out

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

It does take time to notify everyone.

by email? Her parents got off of this ship earlier and there was no big deal (like the one they are portraying on the news)! I'm sure if there was an issue, the CDC would have not let people off.

Merion Mom was also on the previous cruise AND there are posters in another thread on these boards supposed to board today that are at the port being told they can not check bags and that boarding is delayed until tomorrow. So I expect your friend will soon find out she is not boarding her cruise today

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pmck said:

She still got nothing from RC today, other than to show up later due to extra sanitizing.. Everyone needs to relax!

You may not realize the OP is disembarking Anthem today. She would not have posted the “news flash” without reliable information. If such a decision was just made, it obviously takes time to notify everyone. Your friend not yet having received anything other than to show up later doesn’t mean the news flash is not true.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pmck said:

pmck is referring to me.    Haven’t received any word yet.  Luckily we live 40 minutes from port and have not left the house yet.  We usually head up about now, (10:30 am) but decided to wait because disembarkation was delayed this morning and because of the email from last night advising of extra cleaning today.  
My parents got off the ship this morning and are home now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I believe you are still on ship, are things normal on board?

I hope you have good times ahead for next sailing.

Just got off after 33 days. Great cruises.   Everything normal, except as I was walking  off, the Major Buckets were coming out. 😉

• Like 3

Just now, toad455 said:

Realize RCCL is scrambling, but it does put new pax in a "what are we supposed to do now" situation with where to go before RCCL officially notifies everyone. 

Yes. The traffic at the Port is indicative of the situation. We already circled out but at the time they weren't telling drivers anything.. We pulled up to the curb and even got out before anyone said anything to us. 

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

One day delay is not confirmed.  I think that they are hoping for one day only. Could increase. 

I would think things could change drastically if any taken to hospital are shown to have the virus. They would rather not have boarding an entire ship to find that out.