Considering a cruise to Mexico from New Orleans

tgjg279

Hi, looking for feedback on your experience cruising out of New Orleans port down to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on Norwegian Escape. We've done cruises out of MIami and San Juan and loved it  just not New Orleans yet.

Thanks, all!

I think it's good. It's a lot different than cruising out of Florida. The port is smaller. There will only be one or two ships in port. Actually the NCL port is in a shopping mall. Tons of hotels within walking distance. I highly recommend it. I would just check the weekend and make sure nothing major is going on. I've seen people book cruises when the national championship or NBA all-star game, or wrestelmania is in town and then wonder why hotel prices are so high. In general I get better hotel prices in New Orleans than Florida, California, or Galveston.

• 11 months later...

I think one of the best things about sailing out of New Orleans is spending a few days in NOLA before the cruise.  Love the city.  Also sailing down the Mississippi.  The first night we got back to our cabin around midnight and we looked out on our balcony and it was pitch black except for the lights of the boats on the water....it was a pretty cool sight.

I took my first NOLA cruise on the 3 years ago and have been looking forward to going back as soon as I left.  It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it.  There's so much to do...last time I only had 1 day prior to the cruise but next time I'm flying on Thursday to have full days on Fri/Sat.  Cruising down the Miss is really a near experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 10:51 AM, tgjg279 said:

Hi, looking for feedback on your experience cruising out of New Orleans port down to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on Norwegian Escape. We've done cruises out of MIami and San Juan and loved it  just not New Orleans yet.

Thanks, all!

New Orleans is one of my favorite ports. The city is amazing, so much history and architecture, bars, and restaurants, try to spend a couple of days prior or post cruise to explore the city. The cruise down the Mississippi is relaxing. If you cruise in the winter it gets dark early and you lose the view of the Mississippi surrounding area. We are cruising this coming August, B2B, crossing our fingers. Got a good price for a hotel in the warehouse district. 
Don’t miss having Beignets and New Orleans chicory coffee for breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...