Internet Celebrity Summit

Crazyone123

😀😀😀

Hi all,

I am inquiring about internet packages on the Celebrity Ships.  I see the pricing but it does not say exactly how many minutes you get on the SURF INTERNET PACKAGE 2 DEVICES.🙈😎🤷‍♀️I realize you can only check email etc no streaming but no other info.

Anybody have any info on this?

Please let me know

Thanks everyone

Keira😎

Unlimited minutes, two different devices can be logged in at the same time. I used that same package on the equinox not long ago. It’s great for emails and surfing if you don’t mind slow response times. We used it mostly for email and downloading books and videos in the background.  You can’t stream but if your service allows you to download you can do that overnight.

I too was looking at this Surf Internet 2 Device package - Is the internet package continuous or does it keep logging you out when your phone/tablet device is not being used? I ask as my security system is internet based and sends live info to me, but if the internet disconnects when not in use and I keep having to log in every time I want to use it then I would lose that live reporting. 

It depends on the ship the older ships often log you out every 24 hours while the newer ships like Summit that went through Revolution I stayed connected for the complete cruise without having to long in and out.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies👍
I will be on the Connie just before she goes into dry dock in April, so will be on old WiFi system I guess...

But if it keeps me logged in for at least 12 hours that would work for me as I usually log in late at night, a couple of times in the day and first thing in the morning. I guess I’d then pretty much be permanently connected to the internet and any alerts from my alarm systems would then come through to me via the internet...

On 2/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, Lobbylin said:

Thanks for the replies👍
I will be on the Connie just before she goes into dry dock in April, so will be on old WiFi system I guess...

But if it keeps me logged in for at least 12 hours that would work for me as I usually log in late at night, a couple of times in the day and first thing in the morning. I guess I’d then pretty much be permanently connected to the internet and any alerts from my alarm systems would then come through to me via the internet...

You should have no problems.    I haven't been on Connie in a couple years but even then on a cruise from Singapore to Rome (30 days), had decent connectivity.   While onboard they had techs rewiring the entire ship as a beta of the Internet and RF door locks that were eventuality used on Edge.  At that time they also added an IV to test out.   

If you are on-board the Dubai to Rome we have some friends from Australia that will be sailing with you. 

You might want to check your cruise fare as they were able to upgrade from a CS to RS (the price of the RS dropped below the CS).