Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

The mornings bad karma (and lingering skunk odor)followed me all the way thru  airport security. My carry on bag was scanned not once, but three times, before the TSA agent took one last glance at my large bag-o-snacks and told me to have a great flight.  My apologies to fellow passengers on United flight 848. I know if I can still smell it, you can too. 😬

needless to say, by the time I boarded, this was really needed....

1DF72900-9240-48E9-8E00-3007BB550C27.jpeg

• Like 1

Feeling marginally better now. Amazing what a few bloody Mary’s will do to improve ones outlook. 🤪

On the subject of beverages, I’ll move on to some pre cruise planning updates. We don’t usually purchase any beverage packages. Because of  the D+ drink vouchers, it’s borderline worth it for me (only because I drink frozen beverages and wine)  and not worth it at all for DH, who has a few beers a day tops.....

but thanks to the notification from my travel agent extraordinaire, this mornings Bloody Mary will undoubtably be just the first of many

A8A8C089-E906-4CF5-BC8C-56A368C21539.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Also pre-purchased a 4 devise Surf internet package. The sale price came out to a per devise cost of around $6 per day, per devise, which beats the on board pricing even with the D+ discount. 

In my experience, surf has so far been more than adequate for my live reporting, photo uploads, web browsing  and FaceTime calls also work well. 

will see if this holds true on this sailing......

We are cruising with family and friends on this sailing, and are a group of 7. 

part of the reason we booked the beachfront cabana at the last minute was two people in our group were not able to get the Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass as it was sold out online. I wasn’t feeling particularly confident that there would be any available onboard either, and we really wanted to do this excursion together.   Hence, the last minute cabana decision. We had purchased ours during the Black Friday sale for the bargain price of $55, do we cancelled then when we purchased the cabana. You’re welcome, Royal. 😎 Pretty sure you doubled your revenue on the passes I cancelled. 

Coronavirus “wear” was very prevalent at the airport, and it seems like everyone on this flight is sneezing and coughing 😯 praying that my abundance of hand washing and anti bacterial wiping of surfaces triumphs! 

My friends co-worker made her this “bon voyage”  gift. Genius. No paper straw here

5FE4CA2D-6FF2-4F4E-9680-8B244D04DA1B.jpeg

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

You probably hot scanned a few times at security due to your skunk smell. More than once we have driven down the street smelled an odor and could not tell if it was skunk or pot

Ha! I’m also familiar with both odors. 😉 Skunk has  an exaggerated sulfur smell that pot doesn’t have. Unfortunately, I’ve brought this “skank” with me to Florida. Will probably have to have everything in one suitcase laundered. 😜

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

You probably hot scanned a few times at security due to your skunk smell. More than once we have driven down the street smelled an odor and could not tell if it was skunk or pot

1 hour ago, paross4 said:

On the Harmony with you tomorrow. Love that T-shirt. Hopefully Royal Caribbean runs that “holy crap, we just sold the deluxe package for $18!” sale every year. 

Hi Paross4...... yay.......pretty sure you are as happy as me right now! 🎉🍾🤗 I don’t think it will never happen again. They fired that intern 😭

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That tomato juice should help to kill the skunk smell.

Order two, one for your throat and one to pour on your body. Problems solved, and all travellers will avoid you.  Guaranteed.

I’ve heard this about tomato juice. 😉Since I dragged this stench 1000 miles with me,  I’m open to any suggestions on how I get rid of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Ha! I’m also familiar with both odors. 😉 Skunk has  an exaggerated sulfur smell that pot doesn’t have. Unfortunately, I’ve brought this “skank” with me to Florida. Will probably have to have everything in one suitcase laundered. 😜

Hi Paross4...... yay.......pretty sure you are as happy as me right now! 🎉🍾🤗 I don’t think it will never happen again. They fired that intern 😭

I’ve heard this about tomato juice. 😉Since I dragged this stench 1000 miles with me,  I’m open to any suggestions on how I get rid of it. 

You do have the drink package....lots of virgin Bloody Mary’s, hold the celery.  Put them to work in the bathroom sink. 

• Haha 1

Booked our airport to hotel transport thru Cape canaveral  transportation. Highly recommend this service. They had a 5 star rating on Trip Advisor, which is why I chose them....great for small to mid size groups with a fair amount of luggage. Good sized, comfortable vans, and the cost per person was comparable to getting a few Ubers  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Before you head to the ship, leave said clothing behind.🤫

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will get some more hotel photos this morning. We are meeting for breakfast and then catching the hotel shuttle to the port at 10:30. $6 per person 

this is a nice enough property.....thE outdoor spaces (tiki bar/restaurant) etc, beachfront are definitely highlights. Typical bar food, sandwiches and appetizers were very good and reasonably priced.  The rooms are a tad worn. But the bigger issue is there are no balconies..... which is sort of a deal breaker for me. In fact, kind of surprised I booked this property since I am sure I knew that, but it was so long ago I’ve forgotten what compelled me to book it 😜

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Chris, would you recommend this hotel?

Maybe.....we got here pretty late in the afternoon, so didn’t have much of an opportunity to explore or check out the amenities. I’ll let you know after I explore this morning 😎

I have followed some threads that say boarding starts earlier than 11 am at PC.

I saw what time the shuttle is taking you to port, if there is anyway you can find out what time boarding starts I would appreciate.

Thanks

Safe travels.