Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

1 minute ago, niksmom630 said:

thanks! It’s been a great week thus far! Haven’t heard anyone onboard talking about the virus. Nothing out of the ordinary in the way of additional sanitation procedures that I can tell either. 

enjoy Holland house! Our day was kind of a bust because it rained most of the day 😔 but we’ll be looking forward to our next trip 

Thanks for the quick response - there seems to be more fear on land pre-cruise than at sea!  I need to stop watching TV 😳

• Haha 1

Ok, back on board after quite an adventure in San Juan......🥵 

it’s been over a decade since we’ve been here, and I got a brilliant idea to attempt a self guided walking tour of old San Juan. Downloaded an app called GPSmyCity, and found a three hour tour, supposedly around 3 miles, with 15 sites. 

984A9ABA-23DB-4DE4-A964-66394B80F1CD.thumb.png.ec6724b4d25abd7ae2c7108c99715d99.png

5ED3E2C7-5BFC-4948-9B69-ECA07533B871.thumb.png.474eb224c5df170fe8ea361d9271a737.png

I downloaded the paid $4.95 version which supposedly had audio turn by turn navigation ,  but it didn’t synch to my watch. 

I saw a good portion of the sites on the list, so it wasn’t a wasted effort but in the scheme of things, you could have loaded it into Waze and had better success. It wound up being around a 5 mile walk, and I was about ready to pass out by the time we got to our final stop.....said stop not officially on the sight seeing tour, but needs to be  🥳 

987473F8-F967-4701-B2C2-77B2AE968DE4.thumb.jpeg.2bb99fa52f62d5b124d82a3bcd2f449e.jpeg

• Like 3

San Juan is beautiful city. I took a lot of photos today, and posting will not be in any particular order..... but do take in a walking tour if you have the chance. Senior Frogs is literally right across the street from the entrance to the pier, so you’ll be able to recharge right before boarding the ship 🤪

I’m an animal lover, but have never been a fan of birds. 😳

you could enter this courtyard with a handful of bird seed for a small donation, and have these pigeons swarm you....kind of like starring in your own movie version of “The Birds” 

95C3289D-B3A2-400F-8FDC-91A8853A2292.thumb.jpeg.37da957125f5eddd57c3e15077eb8c87.jpeg

Ahhhhhhh, no thanks. A few seconds after this photo was taken they started taking flight, as did I. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Great review!

We are headed to Oasis on March 1st.

Has there been any talk about Coronavirus? Do people seem worried at all?  

Enjoy the week onboard!  Your pictures are fantastic and we are headed to Holland House too 🙂 we were there last February thanks to A&L's advice!

Hi Robyn,   Have to ask if you are booked in the Freedom out of PR anytime soon.  Thinking of doing so for my 50th b day in Jan 2021.  Haven’t been on the Freedom in years but love cruising out of PR that time of year. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The green ice cream ball is particularly nasty. 🤢 

The green one is gross and it's macha tea.  I guess I am not a fan of that even though I love tea.  I always ask for just the mango mochi.  I am usually told "I will have to see if we can do that", but so far I've gotten it every time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Hi Robyn,   Have to ask if you are booked in the Freedom out of PR anytime soon.  Thinking of doing so for my 50th b day in Jan 2021.  Haven’t been on the Freedom in years but love cruising out of PR that time of year. 

I am not booked on Freedom anytime soon, and I really miss sailing out of PR 😞 last time was November 2017.  I'll be there for the day in a few weeks and looking forward to my Pina Colada at Barrachina 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

FBD3FC12-59F0-4C7F-A7C3-CBED39B41CE1.thumb.jpeg.aad32c7151421cc50bfcbb310213798f.jpeg

You need to introduce that cat to the scene in the photo below....  That would take care of those birds. 😉

I wouldn’t call me a bad influence, I’d call me an enabler.

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

95C3289D-B3A2-400F-8FDC-91A8853A2292.thumb.jpeg.37da957125f5eddd57c3e15077eb8c87.jpeg

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

We are on her January 17 of 2021. She looks to be amazing post dry dock.  Bad influence Andrew is working on Chris.😉

24 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Getting back to the Holland House, does that price include more than beer as far as alcohol goes? I read somewhere that it is beer, soda and water. My wife does not drink beer but cocktails so that may be the show stopper! 😇

Don’t know, but you can always ask. If not, you drink more beer, and she gets the ice in the pail. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are going to have to try Holland House one of these days. Lately, though, none of our Eastern itineraries have stopped in St Maarten. That includes our Harmony cruise coming up in October. We go to Coco Cay, San Juan, & St Kitts on that one. Both you and A&L_Ont are being a bad - or maybe it’s a good 🤔 influence on that decision. 😄