Fun Pass Splendida

amwait

FUN PASS! I am sailing on the Splendida to the Mediterranean in October 2020. I can purchase a Fun Pass for the bowling alley, 4-D theater, and the Formula 1 Simulator. Has anyone purchased this for the Splendida? Is it worth it? How are these activities? Something you will only do once or something you would do multiple times? I have an 8-year-old, can she participate in all of them? Also, I had read you only need one pass per room, but based on the purchase setup, it seems to me I need to purchase the pass for both adults in the room (it will not let me select the child). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, textimage.png.75c44a2d26d43fe400ee36a905a31b05.png

Be careful researching the fun passes because they are different on the newer ships, those are for a set dollar amount of play.  I assume the package description you see looks like this:

Fun Pass
Take advantage of this great “value for money package” and an additional 20% discount if you buy online.

Prepare for all the fun you can handle and purchase your Fun Pass now. Valid for all guests in the same cabin, with the Fun Pass you can enjoy unlimited access to all attractions. Feel the rush while speeding through all of the Grand Prix official tracks in the Formula 1 Simulator, experience multiple new adventures in the Cinema 4D, and perfect your strike - bowling as often as you wish at the mini-bowling lanes.

* Attractions may vary from ship to ship.

The fun pass for these Fantasia class ships states it covers all people in the cabin for unlimited use so I'm pretty sure you only need to purchase one.  I've never seen the online purchase format you posted showing the choice for cabin and individual passengers.  On my sailings it only lists each passenger and I would only select one of us.  I think the reason MSC offers it that way may be because I've read posts that the person who officially has the pass must be present - or at least their card.  It allows you to pick the person who gets the on board spend credit for Voyagers Club points and who is willing to be available at the games.  Some MSC booking quirks cannot be answered, like why can I purchase the Easy drinks package online when I'm already booked in the Yacht Club.  You may or may not get a better answer from calling in and talking to an agent.

As to whether it's worth it depends on how much spare time you feel you will have on the ship and how much the three games interest you.  Are you getting off at every port?  How many sea days?  Plan on going to all the theater shows?  The F1 simulator breaks down a lot and often has odd hours.  The 4D cinema has several routines so may be used several times without getting too boring and seems to not break down as much but it also has limited hours of operation.  The bowling alley is in the sports bar and is a small scale, the pins are on strings so it's not like typical bowling.  I've seen all of them out of service a few times so just be prepared.  I've read posts about people who get the pass cost refunded when multiple games are not working for long periods of their cruise.  The $82 fun pass cost may seem like a lot but the individual costs of these games are very high so it doesn't take much use to make the pass a deal.

I don't think your 8 year old will be able to do the formula 1 simulator, but they will be able to use the bowling alley and cinema. My son loved it when he was 6. We bowled a lot and saw all of the 4d movies at least once. I thought the f1 simulator was fun.

It was worth it for us, though I feel like it was a cheaper at the time. You have to make that judgement for yourself. As Ate said, the prices of them individually are a little expensive. If I thought we were going to use the facilities, I would purchase the pass.