Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

S: Here's the latest update for your Anthem of the Seas sailing
We've been diligently working on a new itinerary for your Anthem of the Seas sailing. We need a little extra time to ensure we have every detail finalized and will have an update for you at 3:00 PM EST. Sorry for the delay.

11 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Not just PR, of course, but a public health issue.  Since there was enough concern that one or more passengers on board the prior cruise might have Coronavirus and others exposed to it that people have been tested and the following cruise has been delayed, I just don’t understand why the passengers were allowed to disembark yesterday.  

My thoughts exactly! I don't understand the delay for this next cruise unless they are concerned that the crew is exposed.

• Like 1

Just now, Jedge said:

We've been diligently working on a new itinerary for your Anthem of the Seas sailing. We need a little extra time to ensure we have every detail finalized and will have an update for you at 3:00 PM EST. Sorry for the delay.

😠

6 minutes ago, Jedge said:

Longer this goes on , makes me think they are gearing up to make an anouncemnet to just cancel the whole sailing with full refund and 1/2 off on your next 7 - 9 day cruise for compensation.

24 minutes ago, robmtx said:

If CDC test is positive then the crew will have to go into quarantine mode and this sailing plus future sailing(s) on Anthem will be in play for cancellations. The bigger PR issue will be the pax they let leave yesterday that have now fanned out everywhere. 

I am starting to believe that this is why the departure date keeps getting pushed further away.  It does seem like Royal is doing the best that they can do with a constantly evolving situation.

14 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

If the CDC thought there was a  risk of exposure to passengers or crew we would all still be on the ship confined to our rooms out in the Atlantic somewhere.

That’s exactly the point. Why is the next sailing being delayed then? 

Just now, Captain Billy Bob said:

They are acting out of an abundance of caution, as they should.

Again, that's the point.  What are they being cautious about?  They are either concerned about exposure to the virus, or not.  And if they are concerned, why were passengers allowed to disembark?  If they aren't, why hasn't the next cruise departed? 

• Like 6

We are at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth. A majority of folks here are from the postponed sailing. They have been very accommodating, and we have a room through Monday morning. I would assume they are taking reservations until they are full. Luckily, this morning we decided to book the room for tonight, with the idea that we’d leave at 5 pm for the cruise. I went down after the recent update and told them I needed another night, and they gave me the same rate and had it extended in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm curious for those staying in hotels near port how the hotels are dealing with the unknown of when guests may check out as they have future reservations etc to deal with too

Area hotels cater to mostly business travelers, I’m guessing they are thrilled for weekend business.

• Like 2

I’m so glad to hear that Anthem didn’t sail yesterday and that Royal is waiting to hear back from the CDC before it makes official plans. My concern now is for the thousands who disembarked yesterday and may have been exposed and could now be spreading it as they fly home and go about their daily lives back home. 

S: Here's your Anthem of the Seas 3 PM update
Sorry - we hate to say this, but we are still working through everything. We know you are anxious to know the details, and we are working hard to coordinate all the moving parts like confirming weather, speed, route, and availability of ports. We apologize and hope to have it all settled soon. We'll send our next update by no later than 5:00 PM EST today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m at the airport, waiting for my flight home that I was lucky enough to get.  I understand that Royal Caribbean needs to be cautious but the way they’re handling this is absolutely horrible!  Communication is horrendous!  I see class action suit all over this event.

Someone tell me where you can get a same day flight for $200, the amount they offered us.  And I wish my hotel only cost me $200 per night,

Edited by sellwingri
  • Like 4

Seems like they’re figuring out the itinerary. Can they squeeze in time at Port Canaveral on Wednesday (2pm-9pm) and still do a full day at CocoCay on Thursday? If crew are being let off, they're clearly not being tested and it is more about sanitizing the ship and getting it cleared by the CDC. 

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I’m at the airport, waiting for my flight home that I was lucky enough to get.  I understand that Royal Caribbean needs to be cautious but the way they’re handling this is absolutely horrible!  I see class action suit all over this event.

Lotsa luck with that!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

They are acting out of an abundance of caution, as they should.

True, but don't be naïve.  They are also considering how to deal with the PR disaster this has become and will continue to be.  In addition, they are working on the bottom line, playing off the potential profit in sailing on Monday as opposed to what might become a public relations nightmare.

The plot thickens and each delay indicates that it's not about the itinerary but the consequences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise to live said:

Does Royal have any thought how on to get back our wasted vacation days?

Really?? You want to hold them responsible for that.?This was an unforeseen, uncontrollable situation.  If it was weather related you would be in the same situation in terms of vacation days.  Fortunately we have had a mild winter so far. At least they are giving people an option to get a full refund.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 6