Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can't use Royal Up since they don't know who is showing up, no changes until aleast sail-away time. They better be FREE changes!! for all this trouble.

We were on harmony when Dorian hit, and stayed onboard for the second leg which was more than half empty, yet they weren’t doing any upgrades onboard when we set sail on that leg. So highly doubtful there will be any upgrades offered on this cruise either.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That may be tomorrows news.........no one knows for sure. Not worth taking the chance at this point, my wife and I would not go.  There are other times to take a cruise. My health is more important.

I agree but like you I'm in driving distance to the port. If I flew in I would probably go especially if it cost a great deal to change my flight. 

57 minutes ago, Jedge said:

S: Here's your Anthem of the Seas 3 PM update
Sorry - we hate to say this, but we are still working through everything. We know you are anxious to know the details, and we are working hard to coordinate all the moving parts like confirming weather, speed, route, and availability of ports. We apologize and hope to have it all settled soon. We'll send our next update by no later than 5:00 PM EST today.

I wonder if ports are telling them that they can't come, like what is happening to some of the Asian cruises.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Really?? You want to hold them responsible for that.?This was an unforeseen, uncontrollable situation.  If it was weather related you would be in the same situation in terms of vacation days.  Fortunately we have had a mild winter so far. At least they are giving people an option to get a full refund.

Read post #45.  You will see that I only meant it as a rhetorical question. 

50 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I am anxiously awaiting the results.  I am on the next cruise on Anthem.

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). Luckily we live here on Long Island so travel isn't an issue. I know this should be a no-brainer, but if they cancel I assume Royal-Up is refunded as well. Its a separate company and that got me to thinking about it.

My biggest thought now if they cancel the 2/15 sailing is what do I and my daughter do for a week on the spur of the moment. This is our school winter-break cruise.

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

I’m at the airport, waiting for my flight home that I was lucky enough to get.  I understand that Royal Caribbean needs to be cautious but the way they’re handling this is absolutely horrible!  Communication is horrendous!  I see class action suit all over this event.

How about we sue China?   I don't think this is all in RCCL control

26 minutes ago, Boyetter2013 said:

I know this should be a no-brainer, but if they cancel I assume Royal-Up is refunded as well. Its a separate company and that got me to thinking about it.

The processing is down by Plusgrade but the money goes to RCI so all the refund will come from them. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Again, that's the point.  What are they being cautious about?  They are either concerned about exposure to the virus, or not.  And if they are concerned, why were passengers allowed to disembark?  If they aren't, why hasn't the next cruise departed? 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the passengers under observation flew to NY on an Airplane. I'm also going to assume there were other passengers on the plane. They probably had to deplane and take another plane and pass through an air terminal. And stay in a hotel or two or three. They probably had to overnight somewhere. Maybe London, Paris, Berlin or LA. So before they even got to the ship they were in contact with hundreds of people, yet, no one seems concerned about that possibility. Including the CDC. You all are doing an outstanding job of jumping to conclusions so I will hold off on panicking until  someone tells me I have something to worry about.

Carry on and happy cruising

🍸 Cheers!

• Like 6

Just now, Captain Billy Bob said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the passengers under observation flew to NY on an Airplane. I'm also going to assume there were other passengers on the plane. They probably had to deplane and take another plane and pass through an air terminal. And stay in a hotel or two or three. They probably had to overnight somewhere. Maybe London, Paris, Berlin or LA. So before they even got to the ship they were in contact with hundreds of people, yet, no one seems concerned about that possibility. Including the CDC. You all are doing an outstanding job of jumping to conclusions so I will hold off on panicking until  someone tells me I have something to worry about.

🍸 Cheers!

Absolutely,  airliners are the absolute worst for spreading germs.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

🍸 Cheers!

You are a stable genius!  :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jptoz said:

It looks like this person died a week ago.  It's good that they are rushing an autopsy, but they already knew about this situation when they first said the ship would probably depart at 10:00 pm tonight.  The article did say that they are waiting on results from someone else who had symptoms.  It seems like the odds are very slim that anyone has the virus, but it is good that Royal is being cautious.

Wouldn't travel insurance cover trip delays?  I know people are posting about paying for hotel stays and airline tickets home, but this seems like something that would be covered by travel insurance.

I have an annual plan for medical, etc.  Thankfully, I've never had to use it.

Wow really sounds like RCL was trying to keep that information on the crew member quiet! I guess we need to be realistic. 27 people from Wuhan on the ship. They had to get to NY by plane either through Newark or JFK airports. Probably visited Manhattan as most tourists do and stayed a few days at a hotel in the city visiting all the city tourist spots. If any of them test positive I hope the CDC will tell us where they traveled through, visited and stayed. 

3 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

Wow really sounds like RCL was trying to keep that information on the crew member quiet! I guess we need to be realistic. 27 people from Wuhan on the ship. They had to get to NY by plane either through Newark or JFK airports. Probably visited Manhattan as most tourists do and stayed a few days at a hotel in the city visiting all the city tourist spots. If any of them test positive I hope the CDC will tell us where they traveled through, visited and stayed. 

Reread the article.  None of the 27 Chinese nationals were from the Wuhan area 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

See clip below which I have seen in every article on this subject.

Bayonne Mayor Jimmy Davis told News 4 that none of the 27 people who were screened were from Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus, or had traveled there since the outbreak was first identified. 

Not saying that Royal was not hoping to keep the info on the crewmember quiet, but I would bet things like that happen more often than most realize.  If it hadn't been for the rest of the news on this voyage I doubt we would have heard about it at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robmtx said:

If CDC test is positive then the crew will have to go into quarantine mode and this sailing plus future sailing(s) on Anthem will be in play for cancellations. The bigger PR issue will be the pax they let leave yesterday that have now fanned out everywhere. 

Fanning out in Arizona, LOL  I too am waiting for results, but not worried.