Going April 10th...What should I report on?

Sammage

1 hour ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

I would like to know about closet space, how much space there is for luggage and what the drink prices are,

Noted. I will do a full survey of drink prices and quality only because you asked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’d love to know how possible it is to see/participate in all the entertainment options during the one 5 night cruise. 

- Drag Brunch

- Scarlet Night party 

- Another Rose

- Ships in the Night

- Duel Reality 

That’s all I know of so far 😊

Im coming from Australia and it’s unlikely I’ll be able to do another Virgin cruise anytime soon, so I hope to experience it all!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

I would like to know about closet space, how much space there is for luggage and what the drink prices are,

Drink prices are posted on their website:  beer is $5-$6, basic cocktails $9 and many wines by the glass under $10.

8 hours ago, rbt001 said:

Drink prices are posted on their website:  beer is $5-$6, basic cocktails $9 and many wines by the glass under $10.

Thank you. I just looked at the website to read it. I didn’t know they posted this information. 

6 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

They have been VERY sneaky at posting things...

Sneaky?  Perhaps if I were a negative and eternally pessimistic person, I would say such a thing, but I'm not, so I won't say they are sneaky.

Instead I will believe that to build and continue interest, they are gradually releasing information on their website.  It keeps people interested and they go back to the website for more.  And yes, it's a great way to allow those undecided items to wait and be posted when they are finalized.

But then again, people fall in three camps:

The glass half full,

The glass half empty...

and those special ones where

The glass half empty is evaporating to nothing.

Hopefully VV will attract MORE passengers who view:

the glass is half full... and with the shake of the app the glass is soon overflowing, and

Attract LESS passengers who complain that the free water refill stations weren't where they wanted them or the water dispensed too slowly. 

• Like 5

I just want to know does the ship still have the overall classic cruise vibe in terms of the service, or do they do it differently?  Like how waiters, bar staff and housekeepers interact with customers.  I have been wondering where they are getting all the staff for this ship and are they experienced in the cruise industry or did they train their own team to do things their own way.  I'm just dying to know how these cruises are going to go!  So I will be looking forward to your report and I hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 1

I’ve heard that the staff will be able to “express” themselves.  Meaning they’ll have visible tattoos, body piercings, different color hair and hairstyles, etc.  I’d like to know how accurate this is.  From what I understand, the dress codes cruise employees are subjected to are something Virgin wants to change.  

So to the OP, can you interview a couple of staff members and find out?  Because honestly, if a cruise bartender, waiter and/or housekeeper had their arms covered with tattoos, I wouldn’t care!  What matters are if they’re a decent person and do they do their jobs well.  

• Like 3

On 2/9/2020 at 1:27 PM, twodjs said:

How about checking out the gym/spa area. More details about what parts are included...and layout. All co-ed or some male or female only areas?

Please report on pricing of spa areas. Day Pass vs all cruise spa access pricing. I agree that almost all new cruiseship spa buildouts no longer include any single sex steam and/or Sauna facilities(Are Aida ships different being German based and Germans having a TOTALLY different sensibility with regard to nudity at spas?).That's a shame since it's always much more comfortable not having to wear a swimsuit and just sitting on a towel when using saunas and steam rooms.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Please report on pricing of spa areas. Day Pass vs all cruise spa access pricing. I agree that almost all new cruiseship spa buildouts no longer include any single sex steam and/or Sauna facilities(Are Aida ships different being German based and Germans having a TOTALLY different sensibility with regard to nudity at spas?).That's a shame since it's always much more comfortable not having to wear a swimsuit and just sitting on a towel when using saunas and steam rooms.

If they have this stuff functional by the first two sneak peek cruises, I'll report back.

As of yesterday I'm supposed to be able to book onboard activities, but that part of the site isn't up yet. 

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

I would love to know if there are shaded areas near the pool(s) and other outdoor areas.  In fact more information about the pools would be nice.  And will we be given towels or have to sign them out?

I really hope a premium cruise line such as Virgin does not require signing out pool towels!

The amount of shade available on deck and especially in the pool areas.  It looks like a wide open sun deck across most of the ship so we're curious if there are some good places to sit out and stay in the shade. Thanks so much for reporting back and have an AWESOME time!

Edited by creativegenius

On 2/8/2020 at 9:29 PM, Coreysgrl06 said:

It all depends on the cabin you select, it is fairly limited on a standard balcony ( and yes I have been on the ship and seen an actual cabin set up )

I’m considering going alone his summer, so I’d be curious about whether you get the sense that there are any accommodations for introverts (dining for one, quiet places to sit, etc.) Especially in Bimini. I would be a solo cruiser but not a swinging single — just looking for peac and relaxation.

33 minutes ago, Missus_Aitch said:

I’m considering going alone his summer, so I’d be curious about whether you get the sense that there are any accommodations for introverts (dining for one, quiet places to sit, etc.) Especially in Bimini. I would be a solo cruiser but not a swinging single — just looking for peac and relaxation.

This describes me. Looking at the social media stuff I’m getting a little concerned that everything seems very group/party oriented, although I’m usually pretty good at carving out my own space and like dining alone. (Looks like that won’t be possible at Gunbae.) Anyway, will definitely report back on this.