Baltic cruise on the Explorer 2 in July 2020

For help with ports, look at the appropriate Cruisecritic ports of call board.

In St Petersburg, you do not need a visa to book a two day tour with a local company, which is what very many people do. Google Alla Tours and SPB Tours, who are leading lights. They will put you into a much smaller group tour, which moves faster, sees more and jumps queues!

Edited by marylizcat

Bi chickenbalti,  

Lovely ship, we were onboard in October. We were deck 10 towards the back which we loved and was very quiet. We are also looking at the Baltic this year although  not booked yet. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Yes we did 2 weeks onExplorer2 last year and loved it.  Baltic cruise is a great one, we did it a couple of years ago on Celebration.

The highlight has to be St Petersburg, we booked the Grand 2day Tour with Alla Tours - fantastic, small group in super air-conditioned mini bus and as previous poster said you get preference on entries etc, not the cheapest but certainly the best, you see just everything.  Helsinki we did organised tour but on reflection we could have DIY it.  Copenhagen was a long transfer by coach and not sure it was worth it, they may now berth nearer or in the city itself. Stockholm impressed us a lot, we did a ship tour on this one. Oslo you can just stroll from the ship. Gdansk we did ship excursion, again if there is just a shuttle into city do that.

You will certainly remember this cruise with very fond and happy memories.  Glad to help with any questions.

20 minutes ago, Chickenbalti said:

Sounds like you had a great time. I’ve been looking at the St Petersburg’s., sadly as I need a wheelchair to get around, the two day trip sound a bit to much for me.

There are lots of private companies that have facilities for wheel chair users. Check CC/ports of call/northern Europe ports for lots of info