How do I find someone to travel with me to avoid single supplement?

Karina007

Is there a website where solo travelers can meet to pair up to share a room so we do not have to pay double the per person rate? I am sure there are many people that would be interested in going on a cruise, but most people do not want to pay double (especially when the additional amount is in the thousands). 

Subscribing as my DMIL has this same issue.  However, I suspect she would be hesitant to be roomies with a stranger. I’ve been trying to convince her to go solo on a local bus tour or something so perhaps she would meet others in the same situation. Of course it would just be easier if her boytoy liked to travel! 😂

You might want to post this on the 55+ board too.

Edited by Clay Clayton

10 hours ago, d9704011 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

Why not look around in here?

Welcome to Cruise Critic Karina007!  It is against Cruise Critic Community Guidelines to post ads looking for roommates. (See below) The other website suggestions might work, but I am one of many who would never consider rooming with a stranger.  I love cruising solo!  Good luck and happy cruising!

Edited by oakridger
added
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic Karina007!  It is against Cruise Critic Community Guidelines to post ads looking for roommates. (See below) The other website suggestions might work, but I am one of many who would never consider rooming with a stranger.  I love cruising solo!  Good luck and happy cruising!

While soliciting for a roommate may be against CC guidelines, I don't read the OP post as an ad looking for a roommate.  I read it as asking where or how to look for a roommate.  Just my opinion.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ropomo said:

While soliciting for a roommate may be against CC guidelines, I don't read the OP post as an ad looking for a roommate.  I read it as asking where or how to look for a roommate.  Just my opinion.

Maybe so but it was kind of oakridge to let a newbie know of the policy, before they run afoul of it.