cruising ducks

george35

No, I've not seen them ever on Celebrity.. 

I know they're popular on Carnival, and likely some other lines.  One problem is they've been turning up in the waters at Cozumel adorned with the indications of which cruise ships they came from and this gives the locals (and more importantly the sea turtles) yet another reason to be disgusted by the lack of respect for he environment displayed by us cruise passengers. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1

?? 

I presume OP is talking about the practice of leaving plastic ducks hidden on ships for others to find?  Yes we have both hidden and found ducks on X.  I'm not sure that - other than the fact they are made of plastic - contributes to pollution.  My understanding is that most folks who find thier ducks keep them. They don't get thrown overboard.  I'm always willing to be educated, but our facebook links to our hidden ducks suggest they are loved and wanted.

I don;t think the practice is as common on X as on some other lines.  But it certainly does happen.

Haven't seen ducks but I have seen rocks such as the one pictured below.  But OMG beware, you might get hazed from those who worry that such things will either pollute the environment or create extra work for the crew.

I personally, find such things to be novel and unoffensive.

Saw this in Aruba..and found it neither offensive nor pollusive ..is that a word?

barcelo 8.jpg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

I found one on our last cruise, but left it where it was. I think they're fun. But fair warning, OP, this topic has come up a few times, and there were posters who were losing their minds over visions of littering, pollution, increased crew workload, and perverts who were trying to lure their children. All over a little rubber duck. So be prepared.

• Like 2

I saw one sitting on top of the bottles in the Martini Bar on Summit last October.  The "cruising ducks" are not 'my thing' but some people do seem to enjoy them.  I know the bartenders at the bar thought the idea of a plastic duck being left on the bar was quite funny!

Celebrity Cruising Ducks is a facebook page too!  I found an hid some on the Panama Canal crossing!.  I think it is fun, but some have something to say about what other people do.  It does not seem to interfere with anyone, so have fun!  Even the staff sometimes gets into it.

17 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Haven't seen ducks but I have seen rocks such as the one pictured below.  But OMG beware, you might get hazed from those who worry that such things will either pollute the environment or create extra work for the crew.

I personally, find such things to be novel and unoffensive.

Saw this in Aruba..and found it neither offensive nor pollusive ..is that a word?

barcelo 8.jpg

E09E5445-BC49-43C4-9E09-2E866BE7E2BC.thumb.jpeg.b20b859402b8cc22a02f37d341d33997.jpegDownriver Rocks at St Martin in St Martin

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We will be passing a couple ducks along we found on the Allure in Dec. One on the Silhouette in March and on the Summit in Aug.

If we find more we will pass them along on other cruises.

Edited by mac66

As long as they aren't tossed in the ocean I think this would be something fun. I found a rock around Halloween at our church and my great grandsons were so excited to be able to hide them again. Kept them busy for a while looking for the most sincere spot to hide it. Wound up on our Pastors' desk, she mentioned it in the announcements the next week the kids were still having fun.