SS Silver Shadow Sauna & Steam Rooms

LoryAnn

Hello, where are the sauna and steam rooms located on board? Does one need a special access to these like on other cruise lines we had to pay for daily and/or cruise access? Is there a thelassotherapy pool? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sauna and steam rooms are located in the spa.  You will need to check-in at the Zagara spa desk for access.  The ship only has regular hot tubs, not a special therapy pool.

Thank you for reply ~ do I have to have a spa treatment to access the sauna or steam rooms? Thanks

1 hour ago, LoryAnn said:

Thank you for reply ~ do I have to have a spa treatment to access the sauna or steam rooms? Thanks

My pleasure.  Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to your question.  My assumption is yes, but maybe they offer some sort of package or daily access for those who don’t want a daily treatment.

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

My pleasure.  Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to your question.  My assumption is yes, but maybe they offer some sort of package or daily access for those who don’t want a daily treatment.

Thanks for your response. I sent a message via the SS Facebook page and I also found the following on line. I am assuming there is no special pass or fee involved to access the steam room and sauna. As well, I am assuming because online says there are two saunas and two steam rooms, that they are located in a male and female allocation?

SPA AND FITNESS FITNESS CENTRE  Open daily, you can tone up at the Fitness Centre with a workout, and then relax with a sauna. The Fitness Centre features a variety of modern equipment, as well as saunas and steam rooms.

14 hours ago, RachelG said:

You don’t need a special appointment for the sauna or steam room.  ANd no extra charge.  Just show up.  And yes, there are male and female sides.

What is the difference between a sauna and a steam room?

• 1 month later...

Correct, you don't need to pay extra you just turn up to the reception and then walk in to the change room. 

A sauna is a room lined in wood with hot dry heat and facility to put water on the hot rocks if you want; and a steam room is a room lined in either tiles or the like to keep moisture / steam in.

One of the Silversea ships i went on, had a unisex sauna / steam room.  I think that was the Whisper.  The Spirit is separate male and separate female. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, Aussie Mick said:

Correct, you don't need to pay extra you just turn up to the reception and then walk in to the change room. 

I assume the changing room has lockers with bathrobes and slippers?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...