Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

WrittenOnYourHeart

13 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Great start! I'm very much looking forward to your impressions, as I'm trying to convince my sister to join us for a cruise on Edge. Though I've sailed on Edge, I wasn't able to see a Single Infinite Veranda during our cabin crawl. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you until I board Edge again in May😎 I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you!! I’ll definitely take and post lots of pics of the stateroom! I’ve pondered trying NCL with their studios before but never have - I know the X ones are a bit larger but mostly they have a view to the outside!! So even if the IVs are locked I can see out rather than have to leave the cabin to see outside. 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! 

I definitely will check it out! Likely cannot have the brownies as I am gluten-free due to a wheat allergy, but I can look at them and drool!

You will have to ask about ingredients.    They were more like a Fudge than a cake. 

• Like 1

I'm very excited for your trip report!  I've seen you posting a lot about your first Celebrity cruise, and I've loved your super-positive attitude (even in the face of some Edge-class naysayers) and wonderful energy.  I'm also particularly interested in your experience as I took my first solo cruise in November and expect I might be taking more in the future.  Have a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to follow along!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LSKC said:

looking forward to following along. Will be watching for your Key West post - we have nothing planned for that stop yet

Thanks! Well...what I have planned is definitely

not for everyone! Haha! I’ve done most of the typical stuff there as we spent a few days celebrating my parents’ 45th anniversary, so this is something totally different! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KAE27 said:

I'm very excited for your trip report!  I've seen you posting a lot about your first Celebrity cruise, and I've loved your super-positive attitude (even in the face of some Edge-class naysayers) and wonderful energy.  I'm also particularly interested in your experience as I took my first solo cruise in November and expect I might be taking more in the future.  Have a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to follow along!

Thank you so much! Yes, I try to be as positive as I can and look at the bright side of things. It has been hard at times on here, but I try. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Will be sailing on the Edge, second time March 15th- following along with you.  My only negative comment about our previous Edge sailing was a bad sewer smell by the martini bar a few days when we docked- is that problem gone?

I will try to remember to check it out if I am in the area when docked next week.

I’m following along. What a great start! 

We love Maya Chan! Have been there 7 times with more planned this year. Any place that delivers a drink to me on a kayak while I’m floating in the ocean is at the top of my list!

Our cat also tries to hop into the suitcases at the last minute. They must communicate with one another! 

Enjoy!

mac_tlc

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I’m following along. What a great start! 

We love Maya Chan! Have been there 7 times with more planned this year. Any place that delivers a drink to me on a kayak while I’m floating in the ocean is at the top of my list!

Our cat also tries to hop into the suitcases at the last minute. They must communicate with one another! 

Enjoy!

mac_tlc

Thank you!

I'm really excited for Maya Chan! I've been booked with them before but other circumstances happened and I have had to cancel. They look great, and they've said that gluten-free is no problem, so that's a bonus (not all the all-inclusives will say that along this route from my research).

Ha! I think they see the bags and know what it means. LOL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Will be sailing on the Edge, second time March 15th- following along with you.  My only negative comment about our previous Edge sailing was a bad sewer smell by the martini bar a few days when we docked- is that problem gone?

While things can always change,  I was on Edge for 30 days in Oct/Nov and didn't smell anything out of the ordinary near the Martini Bar or for that matter anywhere on the ship with the exception of the incense smokey smell in Eden during their show. 

I am very sensitive to smell and often note smells when others around me don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are Big fans of Mr. Sanchos!  So much to do- excellent food and drink all day-  Great beach!  Nothing bad to say-

I had heard good things about that place until I looked up reviews from gluten-free people. Those were not so good, and they were basically told "Too bad."

I opted to do the ship excursion to Coba.

Thank you for your soon-blog

We booked Apex for January 2021

Have been on Celebrity mostly, Rccl, Disney, Oceania & Princess & Carnival almost 30 but ready to try something new.  

Happy sailing 🌴🌈

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Was on the Edge the last two weeks of January 2020 and it was not there.

Well, a sad note...

My beloved cat apparently had a heart attack yesterday and crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 😪 I found his body when I got in from school and the vet said that it was likely his heart and he did not suffer.

My heart is broken, but I take comfort in imagining all my former dogs and birds welcoming him to their corner of heaven. And in not having to worry about getting “that” email from the pet sitter while on vacation (I have friends who lost a pet while they were away - it was horrible for them!)

Sorry for the damper. 😢

Four days of school left and then I head to Miami on Saturday.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, drinkoj said:

Was on the Edge the last two weeks of January 2020 and it was not there.

We sailed on the edge the previous new years sailing 2019-2020.   Thought ship new and perhaps had a plumbing defect.  Glad it was corrected:

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sorry to hear about your kitty.  I am kitty sitting now for my neighbor (she "sits" for my parrot when I travel).  My biggest fear is that I'll go in for her feeding someday and she will have passed (she's elderly and not in good health).  I would be so sad if I had to send a message to her mom with that news.

On a happier note, I LOVED Edge (sailed in a Sunset Verandah which was wonderful).  I had reservations pre-cruise based on reviews I was reading; but as I got closer to sailing, the positive reviews began (thanks Jim_Iain!).  It was a great experience.  I'm anxious to hear about your solo trip.  I did it once many years ago and have two solo trips planned...one is on Equinox.  I cannot wait!  I have fabulous cruising buddies, but this will be a whole new adventure.

Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lola2013 said:

Sorry to hear about your kitty.  I am kitty sitting now for my neighbor (she "sits" for my parrot when I travel).  My biggest fear is that I'll go in for her feeding someday and she will have passed (she's elderly and not in good health).  I would be so sad if I had to send a message to her mom with that news.

On a happier note, I LOVED Edge (sailed in a Sunset Verandah which was wonderful).  I had reservations pre-cruise based on reviews I was reading; but as I got closer to sailing, the positive reviews began (thanks Jim_Iain!).  It was a great experience.  I'm anxious to hear about your solo trip.  I did it once many years ago and have two solo trips planned...one is on Equinox.  I cannot wait!  I have fabulous cruising buddies, but this will be a whole new adventure.

Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much!!