Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

WrittenOnYourHeart

17 minutes ago, 4liberty said:

That’s exactly what I do! I enjoy a nice 10-year tawny port on my drink package while everyone else eats dessert, then hit the buffet for much better GF options. 🙂

Yes, they’re very accommodating! They will already know your dietary limitations when you arrive, if you have let the cruise line know beforehand. It also doesn’t hurt to stop in the day before to let them know you’ll be there and make any special requests. I have never been disappointed at one of the specialty restaurants. I’m dreaming of GF Grand Marnier soufflé right now...and very happy I’ll be boarding Reflection next week!

Thank you so much!!

Made it to the last day of the week before break!! Should be relatively painless - we have a “100 Days of Love and Learning” parade this morning which will take up some time. And usually they have us go down for bussing a little early the day before a break. 

All packed now - save for my mascara which I will toss in tomorrow morning before heading out for my WW workshop and then a Lyft to LGA!!

• Like 3

How exciting.   I always am amazed when cruise day arrives.    The next cruise always seem so far away and then suddenly I am running around like crazy trying to remember all the little things.    I now put a stick on the door to remind me of the critical items as in the last minutes when the Lyft arrives it can be mayhem.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

How exciting.   I always am amazed when cruise day arrives.    The next cruise always seem so far away and then suddenly I am running around like crazy trying to remember all the little things.    I now put a stick on the door to remind me of the critical items as in the last minutes when the Lyft arrives it can be mayhem.  

Yep! Tomorrow's schedule is get up, make 100% sure the passport is in the bag, go to OTF for my mid-point scan for the transformation challenge, go to WW, and grab a Lyft from there!

I could check into the Hampton Inn now, but I had put in for 2 possible upgrades, and they advised in that case waiting until I get there. The reservation is prepaid, so the desk won't take long anyway. Flight check-in at 3:32pm (24 hour mark!!)!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AquariusOne said:

No kidding, I am impressed. Safe travels. Booked on Apex, very much interested in your review. Don’t forget to post pictures. One picture is worth.,,,,, It will save you a lot of writing. 

It comes to rolling and packing cubes! And a disdain for luggage fees!! Haha! I mastered it when I did an Alaskan Running Cruise. Managed to get 2 outfits/day plus something for dinner each night (running shoes, regular shoes, and night shoes) in a roller and duffle. After that a regular cruise is simple!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

All packed and ready to go!
Now to try and get some sleep until the morning!!

Those look like my carry on's with the real luggage on its' way to the airport! LOL...

bon voyage!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

Those look like my carry on's with the real luggage on its' way to the airport! LOL...

bon voyage!!!!

I will admit that if I really like Edge and decide to book the Apex sailing prior to the one I have booked for summer 2021 - making it 14 days plus a couple of adjusting to the time difference - I will have a checked piece. Granted I will likely splurge on a  flight class that gives me free luggage.

But for a 7-night cruise plus one night before, I can easily do carry-on only.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I will admit that if I really like Edge and decide to book the Apex sailing prior to the one I have booked for summer 2021 - making it 14 days plus a couple of adjusting to the time difference - I will have a checked piece. Granted I will likely splurge on a  flight class that gives me free luggage.

But for a 7-night cruise plus one night before, I can easily do carry-on only.

I couldn't do it.  With two pairs of dress shoes, sandals, water shoes take up so much room- Also two outfits for chic night- a couple of handbags- make up, meds, charger and hair supplies, not to mention other cloths, shorts, tops for shorts swim suits- tops for swim suites, undies and night clothes- socks-work out clothes and sneakers, and  clothes for every evening- I need one carry on and one checked at minimum. As does my DH.,   We also bring a suit bag.

We also come the day before and have clothes for travel also.  We travel heavy- We also do laundry on board and if necessary dry cleaning-  Enjoy choice.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I couldn't do it.  With two pairs of dress shoes, sandals, water shoes take up so much room- Also two outfits for chic night- a couple of handbags- make up, meds, charger and hair supplies, not to mention other cloths, shorts, tops for shorts swim suits- tops for swim suites, undies and night clothes- socks-work out clothes and sneakers, and  clothes for every evening- I need one carry on and one checked at minimum. As does my DH.,   We also bring a suit bag.

We also come the day before and have clothes for travel also.  We travel heavy- We also do laundry on board and if necessary dry cleaning-  Enjoy choice.

Yep! I admit I am very low maintenance - make-up is Chapstick, mascara, and maybe eyeliner; hair is a brush and a shampoo bar from Lush; mess fit in one week-long pill box; shoes = my tennis shoes which I wear in travel, flip flops, and flat sandals. And my clothes are all things that do not require a ton of space or ironing. Anything else is way too high maintenance for me.

But as a friend used to say, “that is why God made chocolate AND vanilla.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

All packed and ready to go!

F4183FAD-AF80-4B2D-AEF7-D4DD615F8090.thumb.jpeg.65980c47ab8bef8f957636c834a9a328.jpeg

Now to try and get some sleep until the morning!!

As a member of the greatest generation (X), that LL Bean bag brings back some memories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yep! I admit I am very low maintenance - make-up is Chapstick, mascara, and maybe eyeliner; hair is a brush and a shampoo bar from Lush; mess fit in one week-long pill box; shoes = my tennis shoes which I wear in travel, flip flops, and flat sandals. And my clothes are all things that do not require a ton of space or ironing. Anything else is way too high maintenance for me.

But as a friend used to say, “that is why God made chocolate AND vanilla.”

Yep-  Well said!  

• Like 1

Already at LGA and alternately sitting and reading and doing “airport laps”. 

Wishing the flight that is about to depart had not been so expensive when I booked. They were offering $1200 vouchers to 2 people, one for a later flight today and one for a flight tomorrow morning!! Had I been able to get the seat today I would have jumped at that!! Sadly I think there is only one other option after mine, and that is too risky for me with embarkation tomorrow, so no-go on any offers for me this flight.

I should check options on my return day so I can be prepared and know if I should jump at anything!!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yep! Tomorrow's schedule is get up, make 100% sure the passport is in the bag, go to OTF for my mid-point scan for the transformation challenge, go to WW, and grab a Lyft from there!

You must have remembered my Live Post when I showed up at the airport and forgot my Passport.   LOL  -   That is the top item on my stickem not on the front door now for every cruise.

Getting excited for you.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You must have remembered my Live Post when I showed up at the airport and forgot my Passport.   LOL  -   That is the top item on my stickem not on the front door now for every cruise.

Getting excited for you.   

I just have it drilled into my head to double check that!! Even asking my Lyft driver to wait just a moment before pulling off so I could check - even though I had checked before leaving my apartment to meet the car on the street!

Thanks!! Me too!!

Happy discovery - AtYourGate !! It’s an app where you can order food and have it delivered to your gate!! The C leg of LGA Terminal B is a total food desert - pop-ups of Au Bon Pain and Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and the Hudson News places, so for someone gluten-free is is bring your own or subsist on chips for a meal. Enter AtYourGate!! I was able to order a burger without bun and an order of fries from Shake Shack!! Since the flight is not scheduled to land until 7pm, I do not want to be waiting until 8ish to eat tonight. So I got this meal and will snack later if hungry!!

9A14CDD7-B347-466A-942B-F09F9F9A50FA.thumb.jpeg.8b337ea14f4c07981a589f68d0c9cdeb.jpeg

I promise there is a burger in that head of lettuce for a wrap!! It was yummy!!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

Flight went smoothly and we got in early! Caught the shuttle to the Hampton Inn & Suites Blue Lagoon. I had selected 2 options for the paid upgrades and got neither.

What I got was a free upgrade to a King Suite with Kitchenette!! Nice!! 

9EC51FC4-6985-42CB-88F1-46017CB7657A.thumb.jpeg.303cd0139e97f95b31e66f34e998b3e8.jpeg825CBA76-1440-4106-86CA-63BFA3312AE0.thumb.jpeg.5ce3c607aad4c77476f96c21d5eef3c3.jpeg55660E23-BECC-4DC1-8CB7-B14711ADDEAB.thumb.jpeg.22a941d4d45418010dfcc6a7c0b73dc0.jpeg01779B1B-3D19-43D3-BD39-6A48CB047E12.thumb.jpeg.1c40e9910155821a331c90946445cb1a.jpeg356A6207-4450-4F82-A3BD-E3C514DC5D7D.thumb.jpeg.70d789a8e66f539bc4f47e03354bbb89.jpeg

The only minus is no tub. 😞 Living in NYC with only a shower in my apartment, I love to soak in a tub when I can. Oh well!

Ran across the street to Publix to get 2 bottles of wine and a P3 pack for evening snack tonight.

I’ll take a shower to get travel grime off and then get in bed shortly!!

I’ve scheduled a Lyft for 9:30-9:45 tomorrow morning!! Whee!!

• Like 3