Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

WrittenOnYourHeart

1 minute ago, Xport said:

Seems that Captain Kate made the right decision relative to your port call at Costa Maya today...

You will note from the following that Reflection encountered some complications after arrival at Costa Maya yesterday...

Oh yes. I totally trust her judgment on it.

I am just trying to decide if I want to change either of my tours still scheduled to get some beach/sea time in.

Ok, the labeling in OVC and its confusion.

FAD5CA5A-838D-4AF7-BCAB-D3F1353EC7AA.thumb.jpeg.44085fa5eb2d1dac254f968185cc717a.jpeg

Now, this looks like it is saying that this is all these things.

But then there is this...

BAC7A1AE-4846-4AD9-9F9A-A040F59B73AF.thumb.jpeg.00042b7da3380a76d80afcb1c36087d8.jpeg

Where it seems more clear that the words are a code.

But in other places you have things like this...

208B1F66-1697-496F-AEE8-0477D4C80A56.thumb.jpeg.783cb35db017fcba356d7f5b5fc5ddbe.jpeg

11B02F3A-FD49-4EA9-80CB-FD20876C8AA2.thumb.jpeg.7185fcf24257488f006e39585b53e285.jpeg

Where there is the label and symbol but no key.

Soooo confusing, and definitely could use consistency in labeling. Best to ask if in doubt!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Soooo confusing, and definitely could use consistency in labeling. Best to ask if in doubt!

Your photos are very helpful.    I was chuckling when you suggest that Celebrity should be more consistent.  

I'll be polite and just leave it at that ----  Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ok, the labeling in OVC and its confusion.

Now, this looks like it is saying that this is all these things.

But then there is this...

Where it seems more clear that the words are a code.

But in other places you have things like this...

Where there is the label and symbol but no key.

Yes, I inadvertently, had a pudding one day because of the labeling, only to find out later that it was not vegan, only vegetarian... LOL

Lesson learned...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

Climb the Coba Pyramid and Cenote Swim is out tomorrow - my choice. Jeep to Punta Sur Eco-Park is in after I confirmed that I will not have to drive. Get some beach/water time in since that isn’t happening today. (Again, I get it and am fine with the decision. Just want some beach time.)

Oh - one observation... The only thing that has been “shouty” are some of the kids on board. With it being a school break for many systems in the US, there are a fair number of kids on here. Otherwise I have not noticed the volume being any louder than any other ship I have been on. (Currently curled up on a big round chair in Eden where it is chill enough I can read and post without distraction.) Incidentally, I think some of the former IV chairs are now along the ramp. I do not find them that uncomfortable personally. Just an observation.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Climb the Coba Pyramid and Cenote Swim is out tomorrow - my choice. Jeep to Punta Sur Eco-Park is in after I confirmed that I will not have to drive. Get some beach/water time in since that isn’t happening today. (Again, I get it and am fine with the decision. Just want some beach time.)

Oh - one observation... The only thing that has been “shouty” are some of the kids on board. With it being a school break for many systems in the US, there are a fair number of kids on here. Otherwise I have not noticed the volume being any louder than any other ship I have been on. (Currently curled up on a big round chair in Eden where it is chill enough I can read and post without distraction.) Incidentally, I think some of the former IV chairs are now along the ramp. I do not find them that uncomfortable personally. Just an observation.

Those IV chairs were on the ramp at the beginning of December.  Seemed to be extras that no one seemed to know what to do with...so that became their new "home."

BTW, thanks for much for all the positive reinforcement.  I have a lot of cruises behind me, but will be cruising solo for only the second time this September on Equinox.  The last time I did it was when crew was allowed to "fraternize" with passengers, and I was on a  ship that I had travelled on several times prior and was friends with a lot of the crew so I didn't feel quite so alone.  I enjoy my own company, but hope that I can embrace the single lifestyle on a ship with several thousand other people.  As much as I'm looking forward to it, it is a little daunting.

Thanks!

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

(Currently curled up on a big round chair in Eden where it is chill enough I can read and post without distraction.) Incidentally, I think some of the former IV chairs are now along the ramp. I do not find them that uncomfortable personally. Just an observation.

I did notice those original IV balcony chairs adjacent to the big windows in Eden in recent passenger photos.

It's great that you found your 'spot' in Eden. For some reason you have all those complaining about nowhere quiet to sit on the Edge when it's pretty clear there's those intimate and secluded spots in Eden with those amazing aft views! On my last visit I noticed one of the artworks in Eden that was enclosed in a glass watch dome was exposed and I surmised that the glass dome probably broke. Hopefully it was/will be replaced!

Edited by kwokpot

44 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Those IV chairs were on the ramp at the beginning of December.  Seemed to be extras that no one seemed to know what to do with...so that became their new "home."

BTW, thanks for much for all the positive reinforcement.  I have a lot of cruises behind me, but will be cruising solo for only the second time this September on Equinox.  The last time I did it was when crew was allowed to "fraternize" with passengers, and I was on a  ship that I had travelled on several times prior and was friends with a lot of the crew so I didn't feel quite so alone.  I enjoy my own company, but hope that I can embrace the single lifestyle on a ship with several thousand other people.  As much as I'm looking forward to it, it is a little daunting.

Thanks!

l - I think there will be plenty of opportunity for you to meet other passengers and feel comfortable at that...

You will have a great sailing, I Am sure..

bon voyage

• Like 2

Just now, Bo1953 said:

l - I think there will be plenty of opportunity for you to meet other passengers and feel comfortable at that...

You will have a great sailing, I Am sure..

bon voyage

Thanks Bo.  I have no problem striking up a conversation when I'm in my comfort zone.  And a ship is my happy place so all indications are it will be great!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

Thanks Bo.  I have no problem striking up a conversation when I'm in my comfort zone.  And a ship is my happy place so all indications are it will be great!  

It has been nice. I went to the LGBT Gathering the first night and immediately got swept in by a group so we have chatted a few times. But I’ve also been ok on my own too. The first 2 nights I got asked at the hostess stand if I wanted to share but was able to get my own table. Tuscan did not even ask, which was nice! There were a couple of women next to me last night and we chatted a bit, but they were clear that they would leave me alone if I wanted.

My only quibble is the massive difference in the Art Tour price: a couple would pay $129 for both (if I understood the shore ex girl correctly) - not each, both; but as a solo I would be charged $139. So many shades of not doing that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It has been nice. I went to the LGBT Gathering the first night and immediately got swept in by a group so we have chatted a few times. But I’ve also been ok on my own too. The first 2 nights I got asked at the hostess stand if I wanted to share but was able to get my own table. Tuscan did not even ask, which was nice! There were a couple of women next to me last night and we chatted a bit, but they were clear that they would leave me alone if I wanted.

My only quibble is the massive difference in the Art Tour price: a couple would pay $129 for both (if I understood the shore ex girl correctly) - not each, both; but as a solo I would be charged $139. So many shades of not doing that. 

I may try the MDR a few times on my 10-night cruise...good place to strike up a conversation with potential new friends...but I am also a big fan of the OVC so I'll be there a few nights.  Just set me in a corner with a book and I'm good to go.

Also, I considered the sky diving excursion when I read your posts...UNTIL I watched the YouTube video.  GIRL...YOU'VE GOT GUTS!!!  As much as I hate to fly, I can't imagine jumping out of a plane...until it's firmly on the tarmac.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ask around to find out if someone would like to share the tour and split the cost...

That might work out well...

bon voyage

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I may try the MDR a few times on my 10-night cruise...good place to strike up a conversation with potential new friends...but I am also a big fan of the OVC so I'll be there a few nights.  Just set me in a corner with a book and I'm good to go.

Also, I considered the sky diving excursion when I read your posts...UNTIL I watched the YouTube video.  GIRL...YOU'VE GOT GUTS!!!  As much as I hate to fly, I can't imagine jumping out of a plane...until it's firmly on the tarmac.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Haha! They really did make me feel super comfortable. Would have preferred not to flip, but it worked out.

I’m thinking I may do the OVC tonight as I am not feeling Cyprus and Tuscan is unavailable. (All specialties other than Raw (disgusting IMHO) are unavailable or unavailable

until 8:30 or 9. Yet they still have people hawking them. The way one of the guys outside the OVC was I figured it was name your time but nope.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minnie mommie said:

What a blast I would do it in a 'Heart Beat"! Looks awesome!

I had a moment of What the... am I doing, but it was so much fun!!  I want to do it again!!

Because Captain Kate had done it and I’d told her I was doing it, she said I had to let her know how it was, so at the Bvugari “Grand Opening” (in quotes as it seems to be an every cruise thing) I showed her one of my pics and we gushed about it, and then she said “Wait! We have to recreate the look for a picture!” And the result is probably my favorite cruise photographer pic taken ever out of my now 14 cruises (and I have 6 Disney cruises under my belt): 

8E133735-62AC-4A42-9EE0-2D8E67C43305.thumb.jpeg.f62ccddfae2c5bf6638cf5733b7dd168.jpeg

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 18
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mafig said:

At the end of the cruise I'd like to know which of the 4 restaurants was your favorite.

And, I guess, which you liked least.

Sure! So far Tuscan has the lead - I love the decor and it was the first to be awesome at acknowledging my gluten-free status. Cyprus so far is good - we shall see once the food comes. (Honestly I had thought it was going to be dark when we docked so I decided not to do dinner in Cozumel, but it could have been done.) I do feel most like in a land-based restaurant in Cyprus...it just has a hotel restaurant feel to me.  But so far service is good.

Normandie so far was my least favorite mainly because of the cinnamon-raisin bread (NOT a dinner bread unless I am doing breakfast for dinner) but it gets another chance on Friday:

At this point I would *almost* change to fixed dining and request Tuscan for my Apex cruises...but I may leave it as select and just book Tuscan for all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1